You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_ENO_

Loving the water- hating the performance.

81 comments in this topic

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

As stated- 

Water effects are great but I'm getting more glitching and jumping than I've ever had before. Consistent 60-75 FPS but jumpy as [edited]. 

And before anyone decides to jump on the "potato system" bandwagon I'm driving a 6th gen i7 unlocked OC to 4.7 with a 1080TI. 

I have never, since I started playing the game- including on the same system prior to this last update -experienced the amount of glitchy bouncy performance I have lately. 

Anyone else? 

Edited by Gascan75
  • Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
5,593 posts
18,169 battles

Yeah I just turned down the graphics setting to low, disabled all the little pretties in the game and it seems to help out. Not sure I even saw a difference in the game with the "improvements" before doing it. Whatever they did to the game with this patch, just ruined my FPS. What a waste of effort.

[SBNA]
Members
327 posts
11,849 battles

Same...steady 78 FPS before patch and now my frames chatter like a mud duck on a June bug between 78 and 48 fps, and those sways cause the chatter.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
3 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah I just turned down the graphics setting to low, disabled all the little pretties in the game and it seems to help out. Not sure I even saw a difference in the game with the "improvements" before doing it. Whatever they did to the game with this patch, just ruined my FPS. What a waste of effort.

And this is it- I didn't spend thousands of dollars upgrading my rig to "take on all comers" so that I can not only be hindered by some "draw delay" to show a ship (which I know they're working on) but now also suffer a staggering amount of ridiculous glitchy performance. 

• Cool 1

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
1 minute ago, TheMadTankR said:

Same...steady 78 FPS before patch and now my frames chatter like a mud duck on a June bug between 78 and 48 fps, and those sways cause the chatter.

Okay well no offense but I'm glad it's not just me. 

I'm confident that the devs will knock this one out- but people are going to need to bang on this drum a bit to get their attention.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
275 posts
5,202 battles

I was wondering what on earth is happening, didn't realize it is the new effect causing the graphics to become choppy at times.  I am running with a nVida 1070 graphics card and it can still get choppy at times.

[AXANR]
Members
3,363 posts
16,643 battles

MY FPS also got very glitchy and inconsistent post-patch. When I changed my graphics to the lowest setting, it improved but still not what it was pre-patch. 

[PRDEF]
Members
16 posts

I run on low all the time because special effect mean little to me, game runs great all the time til latest update. Now As soon as battle seems to get heated and have to zoom in greatly when running dd, Fps goesz from 40 to 7-12, ya great timing when precision's is needed. Absolutely terrible trying to play with these effects, have had same performance from a clanmate playing a bb at time and getting about same result, so it isn't a personal pc problem. Its a server issue period as me up close and personal and him 16km away ad having same FPS issue at same time is a coincidence. Died to many times as basically loss of control of what is happening in a battle to [edited].

[PVE]
Members
5,593 posts
18,169 battles
6 minutes ago, Grimmortals said:

I run on low all the time because special effect mean little to me, game runs great all the time til latest update. Now As soon as battle seems to get heated and have to zoom in greatly when running dd, Fps goesz from 40 to 7-12, ya great timing when precision's is needed. Absolutely terrible trying to play with these effects, have had same performance from a clanmate playing a bb at time and getting about same result, so it isn't a personal pc problem. Its a server issue period as me up close and personal and him 16km away ad having same FPS issue at same time is a coincidence. Died to many times as basically loss of control of what is happening in a battle to [edited].

There was a mention of a "zoom glitch" either here in the forums or on Reddit. I haven't encountered it yet but there are people who are having the same problem Grim.

• Cool 1

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

Did you update the drivers? Became better for me.

EDIT: Kinda off topic, but I hate the bow splashes... Doesn't really go with the ship motion..

Edited by LemonadeWarrior

Members
36 posts
5,363 battles

Running into the same issues, latest drivers, 1060 6 gb with r5  ran the game like butter prior to the patch with max graphics.  My clan members are experiencing the same thing. Getting frame drops into the 40s,50s  in general battle without rhyme or reason.

Edited by crunchychickenwings

[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,850 battles
1 hour ago, poeticmotion said:

MY FPS also got very glitchy and inconsistent post-patch. When I changed my graphics to the lowest setting, it improved but still not what it was pre-patch. 

Same.

Members
706 posts

no FPS problems here, still as smooth a silk even when the game has been running 6 hours, so its by no means a universal problem.

[PVE]
Members
5,593 posts
18,169 battles
10 minutes ago, b101uk said:

no FPS problems here, still as smooth a silk even when the game has been running 6 hours, so its by no means a universal problem.

It isn't, there are plenty of posts like yours here and on Reddit. Definitely not everyone but enough players that it is fairly widespread.

Updating video drivers has been suggested as a fix as well people, don't know if helps or not, just passing it along.

[IBAD]
Members
8 posts
1,596 battles

I haven't had any issues. I have a 970 with a 6700k. Is it only people running 10 series Nvidia cards having issues? 

[WOLF2]
Members
76 posts
6,571 battles

Nope, I have an R9 series card, have never experienced one FPS issue until after this patch. At times it will look like you're watching flip card animation.  With no reason for it. Running along fine, and then boom. 

Members
279 posts
3 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Updating video drivers has been suggested as a fix as well people, don't know if helps or not, just passing it along.

Probably not. That's what support tells people when they don't have anything else to say. No reason why drivers that worked perfectly yesterday, wouldn't work today. I've been using the same Drivers for just under a year now. Game works great now, not so much in the past, off and on. Seems that a patch will bring stuttering, crashes, lag, disconnects (for some, not all), then get cleared up a couple patches later. All the while WG says nothing except "update drivers, get a ping plot, re-install, etc". This will get cleared up in a patch or 2 or 3. Probably. Maybe.

Members
191 posts

Yup same here. It's not a constant slide show but it seems the more things in a heated moment are happening, the more it occurs.
Be glad if they can fix this sooner rather then later.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,769 battles
2 hours ago, Kildayil said:

Nope, I have an R9 series card, have never experienced one FPS issue until after this patch. At times it will look like you're watching flip card animation.  With no reason for it. Running along fine, and then boom. 

Same here and 2 of my Div mates are having same issue all 3 of us are running either 9 or 10's.

Edited by IronMike11B4O

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,104 battles

Yep...same problems as everyone else. If this garbage performance is a result of that beer-foam-on-the-water they implemented, they need to get rid of it ASAP. :Smile-angry:

Members
18,173 posts
5,190 battles

Was getting drops from my usual 50-60 FPS down to 25 or so, very stuttery at times. Even bad in port. Also going from loading in ~-30 seconds before match, to loading in at 0 to +4 seconds after. (with SSD)

It got worse as I played more matches, but restarted the game, and the issue was much better, only a couple microlags, port was fine, and load in times back to normal.

I only played a couple games after that though, so dunno if it would have got increasingly worse again.

[WGA]
Administrator
687 posts
251 battles

We're gathering some information from some players on current performance which may be related to a number of factors.  First please be sure your drivers are up to date  (no shame in putting those off but it may have an impact).  If you continue to have these issues, please contact CS with a report from the WGCheck tools and Dxdiag so we can help identify common factors affecting you.  We'd really appreciate the assistance!

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
6 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

It isn't, there are plenty of posts like yours here and on Reddit. Definitely not everyone but enough players that it is fairly widespread.

5 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

We're gathering some information from some players on current performance which may be related to a number of factors.  First please be sure your drivers are up to date  (no shame in putting those off but it may have an impact).  If you continue to have these issues, please contact CS with a report from the WGCheck tools and Dxdiag so we can help identify common factors affecting you.  We'd really appreciate the assistance!

I do have an update in the chamber here so I'll install that and report back as well.