Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_ENO_

Dev explain.

63 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

725
[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

Someone from the development team please explain why these [edited]badges / emblems need to be shown in the middle of your screen after you die.

 

Go ahead. I'm listening. 

  • Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,722
[TBW]
Members
6,398 posts
12,011 battles

I am not a dev, but it's because kids like them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,056
[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,659 posts
10,307 battles

Grow a set of skin or something. Wow.   

Maybe work towards an emblem you like or can be proud of and flash it back at others and enjoy yourself in the game instead of getting all cranked up about it?  

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
519 posts
3,350 battles
9 minutes ago, Crusin_Custard said:

To piss you off, evidently :cap_like:

evidently..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
725
[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

Funny... I'm actually not interested in anyone's opinion who has since responded. Pretty sure I was clear on whose opinion I was interested in. But yet, all these pre-pubescent children don't quite get it. They think everyone is famished for their opinion.   The world is not. 

 

So... if you don't mind. I'd love to hear from the folks who decided it would be a great idea to take some emblem and splash it in the middle of our screen when we're killed. 

I come in here a lot... and I don't recall ever seeing anyone begging for an opportunity to display their ... whatever it is... after they've killed someone. They don'e show the emblem of the person you killed in the middle of your screen- why wouldn't they? Isn't that the true badge of honour?

Edited by Gascan75
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
628
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,443 posts
11,712 battles

They're gradually pushing the game into Call of Warships, with instant respawns and cosmetic gun cammo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,239
[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,181 battles
3 minutes ago, Gascan75 said:

Funny... I'm actually not interested in anyone's opinion who has since responded. Pretty sure I was clear on whose opinion I was interested in. But yet, all these pre-pubescent children don't quite get it. They think everyone is famished for their opinion.   The world is not. 

 

So... if you don't mind. I'd love to hear from the folks who decided it would be a great idea to take some emblem and splash it in the middle of our screen when we're killed. 

I come in here a lot... and I don't recall ever seeing anyone begging for an opportunity to display their ... whatever it is... after they've killed someone. They don'e show the emblem of the person you killed in the middle of your screen- why wouldn't they? Isn't that the true badge of honour?

Well you are unlikely to hear from Wargaming on this. There have been many threads about emblems/patches that many players are annoyed with. All Wargaming says is "Thanks for the input".. Personally I find them mildly annoying, just wish there was a way we could turn them off so we don't have to look at the mess. That way those who like them can participate, those who don't like them, don't have to see them. Seems a no brainer to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,160
[PVE]
Members
9,566 posts
7,456 battles
41 minutes ago, Gascan75 said:

Someone from the development team please explain why these [edited]badges / emblems need to be shown in the middle of your screen after you die.

 

Go ahead. I'm listening. 

 

You could just read the news item about it from January.

 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/badge-rs-badge-rs-mushroom-mushroom/

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
725
[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
12 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

 

You could just read the news item about it from January.

 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/badge-rs-badge-rs-mushroom-mushroom/


Funny- it doesn't explain why it is that they feel it necessary to display it center stage after you get killed and what value it adds to the overall gameplay experience in that link. Pretty sure you knew that. So... move along. 

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,538
[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,734 posts
3,490 battles

Last month called, and it wants its' stupid complaints back.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,239
[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,181 battles
Just now, Madwolf05 said:

Last month called, and it wants its' stupid complaints back.

How brilliant of you with us being a whole two days into March... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,538
[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,734 posts
3,490 battles
3 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

How brilliant of you with us being a whole two days into March... 

First of all, I'm happy you can count.

Second, bots have emblems and patches when they kill you in PvE?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,239
[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,181 battles
26 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

First of all, I'm happy you can count.

Second, bots have emblems and patches when they kill you in PvE?

Thanks I am glad you appreciate my superior intellect. Yes bots have patches as well, still find them mildly annoying but manageable. Maybe if you spent less time posting nonsense in the forums and actually playing the game you wouldn't have to ask so many questions.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,160
[PVE]
Members
9,566 posts
7,456 battles
38 minutes ago, Gascan75 said:


Funny- it doesn't explain why it is that they feel it necessary to display it center stage after you get killed and what value it adds to the overall gameplay experience in that link. Pretty sure you knew that. So... move along. 

 

Funny, I don't like the patches, but WG was pretty up front with why they are here. Stick your head in the sand if you want, but it is all out there.

 

I would like to be able to opt out of the badge thing, but since WG has not responded favorably to ALL the rage threads when patches and emblems came out, it doesn't look like it is going to happen. Embrace it as best as you can or prepare to be perpetually ticked as I don't see anything changing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,538
[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,734 posts
3,490 battles
10 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Thanks I am glad you appreciate my superior intellect. Yes bots have patches as well, still find them mildly annoying but manageable. Maybe if you spent less time posting nonsense in the forums and actually playing the game you wouldn't have to ask so many questions.

One of these days may be you can use your superior intellect to learn how to play the game. You tend to not see bot patches if you don't get killed by bots and their kiddie pool level AI.

  • Funny 2
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,239
[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,181 battles
2 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

One of these days may be you can use your superior intellect to learn how to play the game. You tend to not see bot patches if you don't get killed by bots and their kiddie pool level AI.

Have zero problems playing the game, it isn't brain surgery.  I have about as many games in PvP as you have games, nothing exceptionally difficult about PvP play. Just have to learn to shoot botes in the butt while they run away. Finished all the campaigns available (cept for the new French one of course), all the collections, etc all in PvP. I use PvP to farm rewards and PvE to have fun. :cap_viking:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,538
[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,734 posts
3,490 battles
23 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Have zero problems playing the game, it isn't brain surgery.  I have about as many games in PvP as you have games, nothing exceptionally difficult about PvP play. Just have to learn to shoot botes in the butt while they run away. Finished all the campaigns available (cept for the new French one of course), all the collections, etc all in PvP. I use PvP to farm rewards and PvE to have fun. :cap_viking:

If it's so easy, then why the 48% win rate? Surely someone of such shining intellect can do better, especially when someone like myself can manage nearly 62%.

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,160
[PVE]
Members
9,566 posts
7,456 battles

 

6 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

If it's so easy, then why the 48% win rate? Surely someone of such shining intellect can do better, especially when someone like myself can manage nearly 62%.

 

Ooohhh, you have a 62% WR. WOW! Let me bow down to your prowess. Wow. You are a great player and we should listen to your words carefully and respectfully. Yes, you are a man among men.

 

:Smile_smile:

 

 

 

Edited by Kizarvexis
  • Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57
[LOD_2]
Members
263 posts
1 hour ago, Gascan75 said:

Funny... I'm actually not interested in anyone's opinion who has since responded. Pretty sure I was clear on whose opinion I was interested in. But yet, all these pre-pubescent children don't quite get it. They think everyone is famished for their opinion.   The world is not. 

 

So... if you don't mind. I'd love to hear from the folks who decided it would be a great idea to take some emblem and splash it in the middle of our screen when we're killed. 

I come in here a lot... and I don't recall ever seeing anyone begging for an opportunity to display their ... whatever it is... after they've killed someone. They don'e show the emblem of the person you killed in the middle of your screen- why wouldn't they? Isn't that the true badge of honour?

With an an attitude like this, you most likley wont get any Response from the devs. And all those Responses you got already are way more than you arrogant prick deserve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
115
[TURDS]
Members
579 posts
3,919 battles

The fact is that many have voiced their displeasure with this "feature". This has as far I can tell, fallen on deaf ears.

Like so much of what WG decides; I find the decision  near inscrutable.

The badge thing is more a twitch gamer thing as I understand it. Warships isn't really a twitch game and my guess is the demographics are a bit different.

I cannot get too enthused about the chances of effecting actual change in what is largely a cosmetic annoyance. 

Some like them, some don't. To me that are just fluff. annoying fluff, but I'm resigned to their being here to stay.

Someone had the idea. That someone either  has the right people listening, or is one of the decision makers. Either way it is none of us here. <shrugs>  

Messed up thing that so many have decided they have much epeen invested in defending this stuff. Whatever floats your boat as it were.

We don't need no stinking badges, but here they are.

Whatever. 

Just whatever.

Moving on.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,160
[PVE]
Members
9,566 posts
7,456 battles
3 minutes ago, Curly__san said:

The fact is that many have voiced their displeasure with this "feature". This has as far I can tell, fallen on deaf ears.

Like so much of what WG decides; I find the decision  near inscrutable.

The badge thing is more a twitch gamer thing as I understand it. Warships isn't really a twitch game and my guess is the demographics are a bit different.

I cannot get too enthused about the chances of effecting actual change in what is largely a cosmetic annoyance. 

Some like them, some don't. To me that are just fluff. annoying fluff, but I'm resigned to their being here to stay.

Someone had the idea. That someone either  has the right people listening, or is one of the decision makers. Either way it is none of us here. <shrugs>  

Messed up thing that so many have decided they have much epeen invested in defending this stuff. Whatever floats your boat as it were.

We don't need no stinking badges, but here they are.

Whatever. 

Just whatever.

Moving on.

 

Your post brought up a thought. As I understand it, the average age of a WoWs player is in the 40's. Maybe this is an attempt to appeal to the younger, twitch gamers?

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
203
[TG-38]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,279 posts
7,262 battles

I hardly even notice it TBH. Not sure what the Big Deal is about this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,239
[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,181 battles
24 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Ooohhh, you have a 62% WR. WOW! Let me bow down to your prowess. Wow. You are a great player and we should listen to your words carefully and respectfully. Yes, you are a man among men.

Ehh just put him on ignore. It was pointed out to me that someone with more posts than games is a troll.

Curly I tend to agree, just annoying fluff and I doubt they will bother doing anything about it. Wargaming has a penchant for not giving players options to personalize their gaming experience. Something as simple as being able to turn off the patches is just so easy that way those that like them could still have them, and those who don't, wouldn't have to look at them. Choice seems a foreign concept to Wargaming. They seem hellbent on aggravating a portion of the very people they want money from. Aggravated customers generally don't stick around or spend money though.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,239
[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,181 battles
Just now, TheGirlFromIpanema said:

I hardly even notice it TBH. Not sure what the Big Deal is about this.

Because some people don't like it. Not sure why that is a difficult concept to grasp..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×