You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NeutralState

Avg Performing Players Should AT LEAST Break Even At T10

57 comments in this topic

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,180 battles

Just from a fairness point of view, a player should at least be allowed by the economy to break even at T10, without using any boosts.

The admission from WG that having lower tiers to be in the same MM bracket with T10 ships solely for them to get crapon is bad enough. Let's boost this economy now, instead of in two years. WoT went through the same thing and WG ultimately had to boost income.

shot-18_02.28_18_55.30-0776.thumb.jpg.b1f0ac22c61fe09c0065dfb11c604565.jpg

shot-18_02.28_18_55.27-0644.thumb.jpg.48cd2e12792b58b1b2f7e0465c3edb2a.jpgshot-18_02.28_18_55.58-0703.thumb.jpg.4d58833e6759fb2dab6e240459fe6517.jpg 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 3

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

The Detailed report tells the tale the rest just shows you participated.

• Angry 1

[CUTE]
Members
168 posts
12,666 battles

They did change T10 economy.  They made repair fees a flat rate unstead of based on damage taken in your ship.  Still, T10 is not desgined to turn a profit in random matches unless you do well above average.  Considering amount of credits rewarded directly reflects % of damage done to ships instead of raw damage, that is likely why you got so little.  95k damage done across multiple destroyers will net a bigger profit than 95k damage done to a single Yamato.  Hence why the above said detailed report tells the story, which you unfortunately did not provide to paint a clearer picture of your performance in this particular game.

[RLGN]
Members
8,269 posts
17,307 battles
3 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Don’t necessarily think he did that bad.

Thing is; not running a premium account and buying three consumables at tier ten is always gonna mess with your earnings. Just that alone would have put OP in the black.

Personally think I’m as average as it gets. Not only that I utterly hate high tier games. Despite that, I usually do well enough to be in the black after such games.

I'm sure others feel differently, but in a Tier 10 game, if I make 1 credit after expenses, that’s good enough.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,491 posts
3,435 battles

Except WG already has boosted economy gains, and don't plan to do much more aside from refining it further for a class or two (CVs mainly).

1. No Premium Time? Check.
  2. No Permanent Camouflage? Check.
  3. No Earnings Signal Flags? Check.
  4. Not using a Premium Ship? Check.

As far as WG is concerned, you will just need to make back your losses playing one lower tier game. Effectively a non-issue, because that's the intention.

Again, they already changed the economy to be a lot friendlier than it used to be, and many pure F2P players can break even at T8 or T9, even T10 w/o using Premium Consumables and playing extremely well. They also made Signal Flags available for those who prefer "Premium Time per Battle", further making them available in-game via Flag Containers, Events Rewards, etc. Then they also sell Permanent Camouflage so that players can always break even in their favorite T10 as long as they did something that match (other than Detonating prematurely). Can't afford a Permanent Camouflage right now? They've also been giving plenty of Special Camouflage to use on your favorite ship.

• Cool 6
  • Bad 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,080 posts
17,754 battles
30 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

Just from a fairness point of view, a player should at least be allowed by the economy to break even at T10, without using any boosts.

The admission from WG that having lower tiers to be in the same MM bracket with T10 ships solely for them to get crapon is bad enough. Let's boost this economy now, instead of in two years. WoT went through the same thing and WG ultimately had to boost income.

shot-18_02.28_18_55.30-0776.thumb.jpg.b1f0ac22c61fe09c0065dfb11c604565.jpg

shot-18_02.28_18_55.27-0644.thumb.jpg.48cd2e12792b58b1b2f7e0465c3edb2a.jpgshot-18_02.28_18_55.58-0703.thumb.jpg.4d58833e6759fb2dab6e240459fe6517.jpg 

Dude, you don't have a premium account or tier 10 perma camo.  You didn't run an income boosting or a service fee reducing flag (or camo) .  You use THREE premium consumables.  And you're complaining about the tier 10 economy?  You're basically doing just about everything possible to NOT make money, short of having a bad game (which you didn't do ... you had a decent game).

You just can't expect to do all these things and break even.  If you want the privilege of breaking even, then you need to use some of those flags and/or camos, as well as consider investing some money in the game.  Otherwise, you need to play some lower tier battles to offset the cost of playing a tier 10 battle.  This is an old issue.  And frankly, I don't see why WG is going to be particularly receptive to the complaints of players who aren't investing in the game on this issue. 

• Cool 2

[NDA]
Supertester
4,845 posts
13,829 battles

I remember losing silver and feeling the pain of playing the higher tiers. And than I focused on getting better at the mid tiers. This had a two fold benefit as I "Got Gud" which meant I was earning more than I was spending and I was earning more silver. Now I play ships from T5 all the way to T10, win or lose I don't care about the silver. I use Premium Consumables on every ship and sometimes I use the most expensive credit camo there is. I had two games tonight in my Khaba where I know I lost silver a long with the game but I just don't care. Yeah the games were junk but at least I don't care my bank took a minor hit. Because I have 460,000,000+ silver, there is so much I don't know what to do with it all. 

Look play at most two lines at a time. Find fun ships that are either Tech Tree or Premium and play them, get good with them and build silver with them. There is so much silver out there, you just have to know how to earn it and how to spend it. 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
14,456 posts
10,465 battles

they want you to buy the 4000 doubloon camo.

[RLGN]
Members
8,269 posts
17,307 battles
4 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

Because I have 460,000,000+ silver, there is so much I don't know what to do with it all. 

Same here.

Nice to be able to play and not sweat the credits.

Hacks people off occasionally...

Red; 'Stop running away. Costs you the same whether you get sunk or not.'

Me; 'Don't care. Don't need the credits; don't need the xp. You wan't the game to end faster? Then cap out.'

• Funny 3

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,622 battles
7 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

they want you to buy the 4000 doubloon camo.

... which is already a mistake and breaking MM :Smile_sceptic:

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,180 battles
1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Exp board shows enough, with 1600 exp base, it's not just burning a Yamato for 10 min game.

shot-18.02.28_18.55.32-0347.jpg

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

no one is forcing you to use premium consumable or even run t10  .   you would have made money with premium account. i think it is fine.   i figure you need either premium camo or account to break even on average match.     

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,180 battles
58 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Dude, you don't have a premium account or tier 10 perma camo.  You didn't run an income boosting or a service fee reducing flag (or camo) .  You use THREE premium consumables.  And you're complaining about the tier 10 economy?  You're basically doing just about everything possible to NOT make money, short of having a bad game (which you didn't do ... you had a decent game).

You just can't expect to do all these things and break even.  If you want the privilege of breaking even, then you need to use some of those flags and/or camos, as well as consider investing some money in the game.  Otherwise, you need to play some lower tier battles to offset the cost of playing a tier 10 battle.  This is an old issue.  And frankly, I don't see why WG is going to be particularly receptive to the complaints of players who aren't investing in the game on this issue. 

Completely missing the point. Of course I'm not running any boosts.Only class of ship that's not running full premium consumables is 1. a cruiser with an extra Def AA slot. 2. CVs (CVs can go into match naked for no impact on their performance).

The existence of the two above category shows that the premium consumables are exactly there to force players to pay credit or play the game in a sub par way.

On top of that, premium consumables and skin are a flat % boost to a ship's performance. Again, basically force paying credit for parity.

Are you going to argue with a straight face on the merit of the current economy?

Edited by NeutralState
  • Bad 2

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

t10 economy used to be much worse where even with premium account, you would lose silver.   now, with premium camo and account, you can clear 200k  at t10.         premium account is how wg earn revenue.       I don't begrudge them their model, and I break even at t9 with most of my ships even with free account.   for t10,    I expect to lose 40k or so on the average    today,  I ran t10  6x and my fund still increased.          As far as camo, I have hundreds  that I've earned free in  game.     i typically run 2 or 3 premium consumables on top.  

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,834 battles
1 minute ago, NeutralState said:

Completely missing the point. Of course I'm not running any boosts.Only class of ship that's not running full premium consumables is 1. a cruiser with an extra Def AA slot. 2. CVs (CVs can go into match naked for no impact on their performance).

The existence of the two above category shows that the premium consumables are exactly there to force players to pay credit or play the game in a sub par way. Are you going to argue with a straight face on the merit of the current economy?

Tier 10 in wow's. I can turn a positive result , credit wise. Im pretty average player. I do run a prem account, as I choose to do so. You don't need to run prem consumables
at tier 10, or any mid to high tier, for that matter. IN WOT running a prem account , you still came out with a negative credit gain in tier 10's. You wanna be a free to play
player at tier 10. I salute your madness.  Personally, I will use a prem account and not need to stress out over this issue. 

You wanna be a free to play playa and make positive credits in high tier, then do more damage. Pretty simple. The economy is set up in such a way that it always benefits
War Gaming's bottom line. If anything, it is the payers of this game , that should get more credits / exp per game.  :Smile_teethhappy:

Three paying players support one freeber player ? No that's okay, you are welcome :Smile_coin:

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

Gotta agree with the others who have spoken already, m8, particularly as someone who actively participated in @Dr_Venture's megathread waaaaay back in...I think it was the late fall of '15? Somewhere around that time, and it went on well into the new year.

And you know what? WG listened, not leastwise because we were calm and rational about it.

[SALVO]
Members
17,080 posts
17,754 battles
28 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

The existence of the two above category shows that the premium consumables are exactly there to force players to pay credit or play the game in a sub par way.

On top of that, premium consumables and skin are a flat % boost to a ship's performance. Again, basically force paying credit for parity.

Are you going to argue with a straight face on the merit of the current economy?

Yes.

The entire point of the economic set up is to get you to play some mid tier battles to pay for your high tier battles, unless you're running some combination of premium account, premium perma-camo, and economic signal flags.

Deal with it.  You can either crack open your wallet, if you can afford to do so of course, or you can play better and earn more credits the hard way.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,865 posts
1,338 battles
58 minutes ago, centarina said:

no one is forcing you to use premium consumable or even run t10  .   you would have made money with premium account. i think it is fine.   i figure you need either premium camo or account to break even on average match.     

Yeah, WG is really not interested in helping OP do everything completely F2P.  Get your credits back on lower tier, or get some premium time or flags.  Your choice, OP.

WG doesn't 'have to' let you freeload forever.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,872 posts
5,259 battles
7 hours ago, mavfin87 said:

Yeah, WG is really not interested in helping OP do everything completely F2P.  Get your credits back on lower tier, or get some premium time or flags.  Your choice, OP.

WG doesn't 'have to' let you freeload forever.

^This.

If you're going to "support" the game just by freeloading, you have to play more lower tier battles.

Or you can just cough up some pocket change and actually support the game with some cash.

The question is whether you would rather pay a little bit, or play a little bit more.

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,334 battles
5 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

^This.

If you're going to "support" the game just by freeloading, you have to play more lower tier battles.

Or you can just cough up some pocket change and actually support the game with some cash.

The question is whether you would rather pay a little bit, or play a little bit more.

Or have Missouri, in which case his money situation is invalid.

[OBS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
173 posts
7,727 battles
9 hours ago, NeutralState said:

So uh...you're playing this game for free...which many people have invested time into developing and maintaining.  From a 'fairness point of view', shouldn't you contribute something for their hard work?  I know I do and I don't have any issues breaking even at Tier 10.

Tier 10 was always designed to be less economical feasible short of the flags/perma-camo/amazing game, Tier 5-8 are where you make the credits back for free players.  It used to be much worse, and just like one of the above posters said, the credit discrepancy in this is nothing compared to Tier 10 in Tanks.

Also, based on the above ss of what ships you damaged - you did approximately 50% to a Hindy (a Tier 10), dented the NC (a Tier 8) and GK (a Tier 10), and barely scratched the others.  Your earnings were exactly in-line with your damage.

Members
242 posts
655 battles
32 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

^This.

What a neat way to put it.

Members
191 posts

For T10's, unless its just something you can't do (everyone's got their own life), at a minimum I'd say getting the permanent camo is well worth it. There's really no reason not to unless you are just opening up all tiers and don't plan to play it. Probably one of the best investments you can put into the game IMO, and if you hadn't bought anything before, its the perfect thing to buy so you can say you at least paid the "purchase" cost for  the game you're playing.