Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Airglide2

Battleship shells and German Destroyers

7 comments in this topic

Members
709 posts
9,924 battles

One of, if not the largest, drawback to German Destroyers is their unfortunate thickness due to size.  It was why many have suggested it remain in the role of torpedo boat than gun boat.

However with this new alteration to Battleship shells, I wonder if maybe choosing the gunboat style is not such a bad idea anymore.

What do you think?

Supertester
417 posts
6,097 battles

Despite the torpedo focus, they're good hybrids. I don't think that changing the infamous BB shells will change the role of the Germans, but it will definitely make them more capable of fighting in the open with guns, which will happen a lot because German smokes are so bad. There's no doubt that the Germans suffer the most at the hands of enemy BBs, because they are E X T R A T H I C C. But their torpedoes are so reliable with fast reload that I believe it will remain their main focus, and the guns are good enough without any buffs that they'll still put in work under the right circumstances.

[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,052 posts
7,776 battles

German DD's taking more full penetrations is a myth. There are other DDs that are wider anyway. 

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,784 battles

I don't flow with general consensus. Tends to be misdirected 

Members
709 posts
9,924 battles
8 hours ago, NeoRussia said:

German DD's taking more full penetrations is a myth. There are other DDs that are wider anyway. 

???

The only other DD I am aware of that is thick enough where it’s a problem is Gearing.  Preeeeety sure everyone who cares enough about German DDs knows their thickness as a big issue.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,404 posts
3,583 battles
12 hours ago, Airglide2 said:

One of, if not the largest, drawback to German Destroyers is their unfortunate thickness due to size.  It was why many have suggested it remain in the role of torpedo boat than gun boat.

However with this new alteration to Battleship shells, I wonder if maybe choosing the gunboat style is not such a bad idea anymore.

What do you think?

The only thing that makes me silence my guns in Clanwars (Gearing) is a  Tier X BB aiming my way from any range. 

I can take volleys of cruiser fire, DD fire. But BB AP just takes 1 or 2 good hits to make you combat ineffective. 

so yes, I agree that if the BB AP shells change the double dip bug. I would be more inclined to use my guns. 

Sign in to follow this