You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

13 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
1,290 posts
8,987 battles

On Estuary, at G9 there is a tiny island. It's now named Evil Island. I got stuck against it's north end. It was IMPOSSIBLE to unstuck myself. A teammate in Yorck had to ram my sorry [edited]unstuck, so I ate 2 torps for him in the process.

He then got briefly stuck on the same cursed rock, but was too big to get fully wedged between whatever is lurking in the water there. I was in Ognevoi, and was fully, completely stuck. For, like, 3 minutes!

That seems like a minor glitch in that map. Can it be fixed, or is that part of that map's charm?

ALSO: can someone explain how that's an estuary? Thanks.

[RLGN]
Members
8,265 posts
17,271 battles

The Kraken lurks?

Happens here and there on several different maps.

Just don’t do what I did once; going through a turn and managed to parallel park perfectly between two spurs of rock in a destroyer. Well and truely stuck until the game was over.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[ARGSY]
Members
1,290 posts
8,987 battles

lol, I basically did that. It was kind of impressive.

I got caught up on a rock in Tashkent a while back and it took me more than 2 minutes to unstuck myself. It's actually a bit comical.

Also, I like using "unstuck" as a verb.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,290 posts
8,987 battles

UPDATE

I gained 1 karma point for getting stuck like an idiot.

• Funny 1

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
1,142 posts
6,022 battles

Actually, the present tense of unstuck is unstick

Because Papa Smurf always sez... *BONK*:etc_red_button:

[TF-64]
Members
374 posts
12,803 battles
22 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

The Kraken lurks?

Happens here and there on several different maps.

Just don’t do what I did once; going through a turn and managed to parallel park perfectly between two spurs of rock in a destroyer. Well and truely stuck until the game was over.

Man I just need to start keeping a log on how often and where I do this. It's happened so often I'm no longer embarrassed by my idiocy for doing it. Im trying to think of a map I haven't done it on yet and drawing a blank. 

[ARGSY]
Members
1,290 posts
8,987 battles

It happens to me most frequently in Russian DDs, especially with speed boost activated. Really skews your hard lefts around islands and you get in there more than hard enough to stick in guuuud.

I just need to remind myself more often that the island has right of way.

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,329 battles

I’ve gotten my poor Eugen stuck on a rock. I know she’s thicc but come on Wargaming. 

Serious note: There are parts of islands that seem to grab ships and not let go. The best thing to do is avoid them all together. Grant it sometimes that can’t be done, but that’s how the game goes.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,731 posts
7,572 battles
Just now, Usedcarjock said:

I’ve gotten my poor Eugen stuck on a rock. I know she’s thicc but come on Wargaming. 

Serious note: There are parts of islands that seem to grab ships and not let go. The best thing to do is avoid them all together. Grant it sometimes that can’t be done, but that’s how the game goes.

I slid into a cove on an  Island  and took about 12 minutes for someone to spot me and put me out of my misery..yep there out there

[LOU1]
Members
3,047 posts
8,134 battles

I read in one thread that if you go full ahead and turn it will very slowly pivot you away enough to get an angle to start moving some.  That is, if you survive long enough.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,290 posts
8,987 battles
9 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

I read in one thread that if you go full ahead and turn it will very slowly pivot you away enough to get an angle to start moving some.  That is, if you survive long enough.

That thread was incorrect.

[LOU1]
Members
3,047 posts
8,134 battles
1 minute ago, legozer said:

That thread was incorrect.

Well, I gueass at least it will make me feel like I am doing something, LOL.  Once, I got stuck on the back of an island while in the midst of the perfect ambush.  Had to watch helplessly while my team got shot up and then while someone made their way over and torped me.  Very frustrating, to say the least.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,290 posts
8,987 battles
1 hour ago, Cruiser_SanJuan said:

Actually, the present tense of unstuck is unstick

Because Papa Smurf always sez... *BONK*:etc_red_button:

I know, but I prefer unstuck. I'm making it a thing.

• Cool 1