You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Dirt

Aigle

28 comments in this topic

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

only 6 more missions before I getz mines.  i hope it isnt one of those "play it twice" than banish it to the island of misfit ships (like my Duca)

Members
519 posts
3,350 battles
2 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

only 6 more missions before I getz mines.  i hope it isnt one of those "play it twice" than banish it to the island of misfit ships (like my Duca)

I plan on selling it, I like the dookie ..

[WOLFB]
Members
1,723 posts
8,237 battles

I think Aigle will be better than my Shinonome. This ship isn't really bad but she lacks torps range.

Really looking forward to a DD that can actually do some damage 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,446 posts
11,741 battles

It plays like a Khabba, but at tier 6. With worse gun arcs and floaty USN shell arcs.

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
269 posts
8,832 battles
4 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

Sorry, really a mehboat, almost garbage. If only had decent firing angles...

Fast, hard hitting, good HP... and that is. Has to be abeam for using 5 guns, almost unusable torps, mediocre concealment. using it for missions and campaign, then will be a port queen.

In an ungent need of buffs, concealment, torps, firing angles, turret rotation... for a start.

• Cool 1

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,045 posts
10,445 battles
12 minutes ago, Fastwolf66 said:

Sorry, really a mehboat, almost garbage. If only had decent firing angles...

Fast, hard hitting, good HP... and that is. Has to be abeam for using 5 guns, almost unusable torps, mediocre concealment. using it for missions and campaign, then will be a port queen.

In an ungent need of buffs, concealment, torps, firing angles, turret rotation... for a start.

At that tier, Anshan, Gnevny and Fu Shun are superior in every meaningful way, Aigle is possibly the worst DD at tier 6.  You can see a pattern here after the Duke of York - WG isn't going to be giving away anymore Kamikaze or Graf Spee level reward ships.  Which is okay, people will still grind it out to earn them, and only the players that don't have anything better in their port will be playing them.

[WHB]
Beta Testers
250 posts
3,078 battles

I quite like it. Me and her seem to click pretty well. And I am no DD main. 

She takes more finesse cause of her size and armament layout. But very rewarding when you do well with her. Gun and torps hit hard and has good enough range on both.

I am actually glad I paid for her, instead of grinding her out and waiting.

I have Gremy, Sims, Fujin, Blys, and for me she is one of my favorites. Fujin being number one.

[RLGN]
Members
8,244 posts
17,255 battles

At the moment; it looks like I just going to wait and hope it shows up in a Christmas container. (Didn’t even try to do the missions; thought about buying it last night and decided not to because I don’t need yet another captain for a tree I barely play.)

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
715 posts
5,298 battles

Unfortunately mediocre considering the other T6 DD's both Prem and Tree it could use a lot of love.

[RKN]
Members
1,424 posts
12,117 battles

People having the nerve to call this a garbage meh bote? You just need to play it properly.

QzxciAa.jpg

3 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

It plays like a Khabba, but at tier 6. With worse gun arcs and floaty USN shell arcs.

Yep. I don't even use my smoke for myself, and average 72k damage a game. 

This ship is hilarious fun. If you've played Leningrad and farragut combine the two and have maximum keks for hours on end. 

Because you're always shooting people never suspect your torpedoes and you get s surprising amount ofdamage from them. 

oanqQCC.jpg

Edited by NotoriousRNG

[SALVO]
Members
17,049 posts
17,674 battles
2 hours ago, BiggieD61 said:

At that tier, Anshan, Gnevny and Fu Shun are superior in every meaningful way, Aigle is possibly the worst DD at tier 6.  You can see a pattern here after the Duke of York - WG isn't going to be giving away anymore Kamikaze or Graf Spee level reward ships.  Which is okay, people will still grind it out to earn them, and only the players that don't have anything better in their port will be playing them.

A couple of points.

1.  I don't really consider that Spee to be that great a cruiser.  It's OK, I suppose, but it has a hard time doing some cruiser things, like engaging DDs because of the nature of her big guns.  She's OK vs cruisers and BBs.  But DD, meh, because of only 6 relatively inaccurate, slow loading (for a cruiser) guns.  And I certainly wouldn't put the Spee on the same level as the Kamikaze.

2. I don't know if they're intentionally making weak premiums for these campaign freebies.  The Oktober Revolution is actually half decent from my experience.  It's not a GC, but then again, what is?  I realize that balancing ships is a difficult thing at times, but I really wish that they'd do a better job of it, particularly for premiums.  It seems that some premiums are very solid, all round good ships, while others are, well, less so.  Also, it seems like the devs are going out of their way when they're trying to make these premiums unique in coming up with gimmick mixes that have terrible synergy for some of these ships.  That's a bit of a pet peeve for me.  I wish that they'd make these premiums have good synergy in their gimmicks, etc. 

3. Just for yucks, Biggie, where do you put the Gallant on your scale of tier 6 DDs?  I assume that it's fairly low.

[LOU1]
Members
3,027 posts
8,125 battles

I bought Aigle at the start because the containers it earns are worth more than the ship costs (I was also not sure I would have a chance to finish the mission to earn her in the first place).  If I finish the missions to earn her, I will get either doubloons (?) or the equivalent in silver, have the ship, and whatever I received from the containers for "free"  That includes the additional containers from the Campaign.

When I first saw the 6.8 concealment, I thought it would be impossible to play it like a DD.  Strangely, it does pretty well and it is fun surprising cruisers with occasional cits. I should mention that I'm used to playing the Perth like a big DD, so that makes it a bit easier for me to deal with the Aigle.

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
166 posts
6,550 battles
4 hours ago, khorender_1 said:

I plan on selling it, I like the dookie ..

I actually bought mine before i realised i could win it in a campaign.  But I would never sell mine, it has great speed and is a good DD   .  I give it good marks if  you play it well.

Members
523 posts
3,688 battles
1 hour ago, NotoriousRNG said:

If you've played Leningrad and farragut combine the two and have maximum keks for hours on end.  

This is it. Use the speed boost to play like a Leningrad and the rest as an ambush predator.  The torps are hard to use, but hit like a truck.  Anyone stupid enough to rush your smoke will get crushed by them.  And, that AP can lol cit CL's. 

I thought it might be a mehboat from it's stats.  But, it's turning out to be a blast...just don't yolo into any caps because that ain't yo thang.  You're a CL without a citadel...with speed and smoke.    

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
1,285 posts
8,960 battles

I agree. It's a bit tough to do well in T8 dominated matches, but it performs really well overall.

It really is Khab at T6, but with better torpedoes. Really fun ship.

Members
519 posts
3,350 battles
1 hour ago, DevilD0g said:

I actually bought mine before i realised i could win it in a campaign.  But I would never sell mine, it has great speed and is a good DD   .  I give it good marks if  you play it well.

DD's for me are like Light's in WOT, 2 classes that I avoid playing if at all possible..

[ARGSY]
Members
6,272 posts
4,224 battles
4 hours ago, StoptheViolins said:

I contend with having to use it for mission expedition by treating the ship like a stealthy cruiser.  

Yes, because that's exactly what she is IMHO - a fast light cruiser.

The French seem to have kept a philosophical distinction between a small ship designed to make fleet torpedo attacks and the somewhat larger ship designed to run her down and sink her. In many if not most other navies, the Torpedo-boat Destroyer unapologetically morphed into the very thing she was designed to kill.

And to top it off, because WG put her in the DD category, (non-premium) pan-Asian destroyers cannot torpedo her. I would make use of that fact if I were you.

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

I like it even though I've hit a rough patch with it. It suffers a bit in tier 8 battles, which I got a ton of the last two days. 

I would actually love it if the shells didn't take a week to get to the target. 

[O_O]
Members
4,406 posts
9,538 battles
4 hours ago, legozer said:

I agree. It's a bit tough to do well in T8 dominated matches...

T8 dominated matches?

Hmmm.  In my last 252 Tier 6 games, I was bottom tier in 76 of them...or 30%.  For me, T6 is hardly dominated by T8 matches.

[4HIM]
Members
1,799 posts
4,058 battles

I also bought it because it earns those Frog crates.  And I wasn't going to have time to grind the missions out to get it.  I like it.  I'm by no means a DD main.  I pretty much stink in them.  But for some reason I just seem to have clicked with the Egg.  Not much success with the torps though.  

A lot of things that aren't very good about this ship.  The turret traverse is really bad.  It's the anti-Sims.  You'll frequently out turn them in a knife fight.  And the shells are USN DD floaty.  At range my second volley is fired before the first returns from orbit.  I don't do a lot of damage with it.  But I've had a lot of good games in the Egg.  

Members
242 posts
645 battles
8 hours ago, NotoriousRNG said:

People having the nerve to call this a garbage meh bote? You just need to play it properly.

QzxciAa.jpg

Yep. I don't even use my smoke for myself, and average 72k damage a game. 

This ship is hilarious fun. If you've played Leningrad and farragut combine the two and have maximum keks for hours on end. 

Because you're always shooting people never suspect your torpedoes and you get s surprising amount ofdamage from them. 

oanqQCC.jpg

Wait... you're doing Task 2 and 3 at the same time? I didn't think you could do 3 until you did 2 D:

Edit: Oh crap nevermind. They are from the same mission 2, I get it now. Ignore me :Smile_hiding:

Edited by ArgosRising

Members
2,481 posts
2,334 battles

Look even if you don't like it, it can still act as everyone's first french trainer. It will have wonky captains in it, but hey you take what you get. 

• Cool 1