kiwi1960

Steven Segal AWOL!

14 comments in this topic

[1RD]
Members
551 posts

The Captain Segal prize that I won some time back has vanished after the update. It now says "John Doe" and its a pathetic no hope in charhe of my New Mexico"

I admit, this is on the EU server but the bugs should be the same no matter which server you're on.

Where is my Captain?

[CUTIE]
[CUTIE]
Members
170 posts
8,537 battles

Check the patch notes,  that will explain all.  

[_ARP_]
Supertester
11,944 posts
3,934 battles

"Our collaboration with Steven Seagal ends with the release of Update 0.7.2 -- we're removing all mentions and depictions of Seagal from the game, and replacing them with Commander John Doe, while also changing the Commander's portrait and removing the relevant animation from Missouri, and applying the standard U.S. voiceover to the new Commander. John Doe retains the same enhanced skills ("Expert Loader" and "Expert Marksman") and keeps all Skill points earned with Seagal."

Edited by Goose21891

Members
519 posts
3,350 battles
12 minutes ago, kiwi1960 said:

The Captain Segal prize that I won some time back has vanished after the update. It now says "John Doe" and its a pathetic no hope in charhe of my New Mexico"

I admit, this is on the EU server but the bugs should be the same no matter which server you're on.

Where is my Captain?

READ THE NEWS ON THEIR SITE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members
599 posts

Steven Segal reviewed your game play and has decided you are not worthy of him being one of your Captains.  WOWs appreciates your continued interest in participating so you now have a Captain who more personifies your game style.

[1RD]
Members
551 posts
51 minutes ago, khorender_1 said:

READ THE NEWS ON THEIR SITE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I looked but never saw it... still haven't....

[1RD]
Members
551 posts
18 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Steven Segal reviewed your game play and has decided you are not worthy of him being one of your Captains.  WOWs appreciates your continued interest in participating so you now have a Captain who more personifies your game style.

I removed my comment as I don;t think its worth it, you have a nice day, y'heer?

Edited by kiwi1960

[1RD]
Members
551 posts

Dammit... that is sad. :(

OK, I started hating his voice... but ... he was mine. :(

Edited by kiwi1960

Members
519 posts
3,350 battles
1 minute ago, kiwi1960 said:

I looked but never saw it... still haven't....

It's there man even the Dev log said as to why the name change, you sure you went back far enough ? it's on the level of people complaining about having to retrain their free Capt.'s they got  from the French containers..

[1RD]
Members
551 posts
3 minutes ago, khorender_1 said:

It's there man even the Dev log said as to why the name change, you sure you went back far enough ? it's on the level of people complaining about having to retrain their free Capt.'s they got  from the French containers..

Yes I looked... but maybe I was looking in the wrong area. I'm pretty sure this time limit wan't mentioned at the time the prize was handed out... but, so be it. Steven Segal, R.I.P. ... you were a fine Battleship Captain and a lousy actor.

Edited by kiwi1960
  • Cool 1

Members
519 posts
3,350 battles
5 minutes ago, kiwi1960 said:

but, so be it. Steven Segal, R.I.P. ... you were a fine Battleship Captain and a lousy actor.

+1 that's pretty good lol ..

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,484 battles
1 hour ago, kiwi1960 said:

Yes I looked... but maybe I was looking in the wrong area. I'm pretty sure this time limit wan't mentioned at the time the prize was handed out... 

Well, you still have the prize, its just not bearing the name and likeness of a washed-up actor who, by all accounts, appears to be a true slimeball.

[1RD]
Members
551 posts
18 hours ago, kerensky914 said:

Well, you still have the prize, its just not bearing the name and likeness of a washed-up actor who, by all accounts, appears to be a true slimeball.

washed up? You had to be "something" once to end up washed up now... you missed out his.... voice.... when I wished the team good luck, every time someone thanked me, it would be his voice... I never got that.... ever... I mean:

Me (Segal) Good luck everyone
Player 1 "Segal" Thanks
Player 2 "Segal" "Thanks"

Arghhhhh.... truth be told, I'm glad he's gone... as long as his abilities remain... its all good.