Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Shadowrigger1

TK damage changes...

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,012
[ADR]
Members
4,314 posts
13,364 battles

So I noticed in this most recent match, a DD decided he didn't like something.. torped me, I let the flood go the full length and he took no team damage, he didn't get any reflexive damage.  He just went on motoring until sunk by the enemy.    New? old?  haven't been Intentionally torped in a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
603
[ARGSY]
Members
1,288 posts
8,960 battles

What did you do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
407
[WOLFB]
Members
1,723 posts
8,242 battles

If he's not pink you can't block team damage.

 

TK work like this :

-You ram people too much within a certain amount of time-->become pink

-You shoot people too much within a certain amount of time-->become pink

-You TK someone no matter the remaining HP / armement used--->become pink

-The fire / flooding stick for a certain time--->become pink.

 

If the guy torped you, you let the flood on your ship but repair like 1 second to early, he will not get the pink statut 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
692
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,045 posts
10,451 battles
6 minutes ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

So I noticed in this most recent match, a DD decided he didn't like something.. torped me, I let the flood go the full length and he took no team damage, he didn't get any reflexive damage.  He just went on motoring until sunk by the enemy.    New? old?  haven't been Intentionally torped in a long time.

He is not going to get reflexive damage until he turns pink, and that normally happens in the next match, not the one he is currently in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
518
[-1]
Beta Testers
1,861 posts
19,048 battles

In the next match he will be called   PINKY   hehehehehe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,012
[ADR]
Members
4,314 posts
13,364 battles
8 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

He is not going to get reflexive damage until he turns pink, and that normally happens in the next match, not the one he is currently in.

Used to be with any DoT to friendly it would tick a few times Turn you pink in match and instantly start nuking you.  That's why I asked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,826
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I have one question did he sink you?  or you just let the flood run its course and stop

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,012
[ADR]
Members
4,314 posts
13,364 battles
15 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I have one question did he sink you?  or you just let the flood run its course and stop

 

flood ran the full course, all 1:30?  28k damage, I have a screen shot.   I didn't heal until it was over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,826
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I am willing to bet the next bump he gets into will turn him Pink and then we will read a Post on how this guy ran into him and He turned Pink lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,012
[ADR]
Members
4,314 posts
13,364 battles
3 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I am willing to bet the next bump he gets into will turn him Pink and then we will read a Post on how this guy ran into him and He turned Pink lol

maybe,  just needed some confirmation, next time I wont let a flood go full length at the start of the match, after that, I just yolo'd and went back to port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,469 posts
6,165 battles
29 minutes ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

Used to be with any DoT to friendly it would tick a few times Turn you pink in match and instantly start nuking you.  That's why I asked.

Been a long time that you could do damage and not take reflective damage.  It still had to pass a threshold before the damage was reflected back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36
[-AVA-]
Members
140 posts
7,456 battles

Not to hijack the thread, but for the life of me I don't get what just happened to me.

Playing the Pensacola in a co-op match with a couple T9's. The team is doing well and I'm contributing getting damaging shots on about 5 different ships. There is a BB on the other side of an island and I start setting up a surprise position since his guns are facing away. I didn't really notice until he bashed into me, but a friendly Iowa had pretty much the same idea. Unfortunately, the first shot I sent out hit him causing 0 damage but setting him on fire. . .yeah, I fired it so I own it but this fire somehow caused over 14k damage and I turned pink in the match as a result but didn't come remotely close to sinking him. Post battle screen showed my causing the 14k fire damage, but posted I had +33k damage to allies and a level 12 penalty. . .don't understand that at all because short of an occasional inadvertent collision, I have had no other recent team damage that I recall. Submitted a ticket but don't expect much beyond the canned copy/paste drivel. . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
692
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,045 posts
10,451 battles

If you had just fired AP and hit him for 14k damage, you would probably be fine, but since the fire kept burning, the system assumes you are continuing to do damage to him - even though you only fired the one volley.  Support will look at it and see if you did something else in a previous battle.  Long story short, play out your pink and AVOID getting close to friendly ships ( especially bots in PvE )  even one bump by another ship will add time to clearing off your Pink status.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
522 posts
2,399 battles
12 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

If you had just fired AP and hit him for 14k damage, you would probably be fine, but since the fire kept burning, the system assumes you are continuing to do damage to him - even though you only fired the one volley.  Support will look at it and see if you did something else in a previous battle.  Long story short, play out your pink and AVOID getting close to friendly ships ( especially bots in PvE )  even one bump by another ship will add time to clearing off your Pink status.

This.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36
[-AVA-]
Members
140 posts
7,456 battles

Yeah I guess I can understand all that but still seems excessive given the initial damage from two HE shells caused 0 damage. The other head-scratcher was the +14k of fire damage for a single fire. Whatever, I have been pink a few times before and earned every one of them but this one just seemed ridiculous and petty if anything. . .lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×