9 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
6 posts
3,412 battles

While I have not played many games in the QE but I have been struggling to make the guns work. When I hit battleships or cruisers I seem to get a lot of overpenatrations with her gun. Has anyone else been having this problem with her?

[O_O]
Members
4,408 posts
9,548 battles

I don't have any issues with overpens.  Her dispersion can be a bit wild at times...dead on, ballz accurate one game, scattered across 40 acres the next.

Overall, I have had very good results with QE...70% WR, 74k avg. damage, 1,500 avg XP.  That performance, plus the free Snowy permanent camo, means I will be keeping her.  Then again, I have kept ALL of the current T6 battleships...

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,104 battles

Hmmm...is your QE fully upgraded? I found that once fully upgraded, it became a completely different animal. The guns....this is something very strange, and it seems to have have happened prior to this most recent patch. So 2 patches ago, suddenly I am seeing a LOT more "bracketing" of my shots on enemy ships. This is a nifty way for WG to nerf accuracy without actually nerfing accuracy. The shells are technically right on target, and if it was the real world, there would be considerable secondary damage done to the ships being bracketed (if using HE shells). But bracketing a ship in WOWS is simply a miss. And the QE seems to suffer a LOT of bracketing of her shells. I haven't suffered a disproportionate amount of over penetrations with her. I like the QE a lot. She is the sister ship of the Warspite, which I also like a lot. Actually, she has much better AA protection, which is important to PvP play.  

Edited by Deputy276

Beta Testers
6 posts
3,412 battles

She is fully upgraded. ITs strange I like the Warspite and can get decent results with her but with the QE  lots of overpens and bracketing the target what would be a good way to try and deal with this?

Members
1 post
544 battles

Try as i might the QE is about the most punishing ship i have had to use its shells even perfectly on target with range finder have this tendency to fly over or under i keep trying to make qe work but getting nothing but punished the guns are accurate the shells randomness of flying all over aren't even went into training map at various ranges was getting 40-50% shell inaccuracy due to dispersion going above or over the target im losing hope with the qe fast is the only cure for this ship a 10 point captain. It feels like QE doesn't know what it wants to be.

[RKLES]
Members
7,200 posts
8,971 battles

I use the QE a lot like Warspite in many ways, particularly the main guns by sticking to AP shells. True you might have a low damage salvo, but then next one could do massive damage. Very often I have no problem doing 100k+ danage totals unless for some freaky reason I got focused by enemy team or something, but usually battles go pretty well in QE.

Members
377 posts
On 3/2/2018 at 11:00 AM, Deputy276 said:

Hmmm...is your QE fully upgraded? I found that once fully upgraded, it became a completely different animal. The guns....this is something very strange, and it seems to have have happened prior to this most recent patch. So 2 patches ago, suddenly I am seeing a LOT more "bracketing" of my shots on enemy ships. This is a nifty way for WG to nerf accuracy without actually nerfing accuracy. The shells are technically right on target, and if it was the real world, there would be considerable secondary damage done to the ships being bracketed (if using HE shells). But bracketing a ship in WOWS is simply a miss. And the QE seems to suffer a LOT of bracketing of her shells. I haven't suffered a disproportionate amount of over penetrations with her. I like the QE a lot. She is the sister ship of the Warspite, which I also like a lot. Actually, she has much better AA protection, which is important to PvP play.  

I agree. I have lots of success with QE. I function at long and medium range at the beginning, then switch the medium and short toward the end. Like yours, mine is fully loaded. I always count on a third of my shells landing on the target at any distance, so I don’t get bent out of shape. It seems to be more accurate when I try difficult targets. When I point my nose at a BB that’s firing at me and I decide to go on the offensive l fish tail for shell avoidance as I make a firing approach, I tend to come out on top. It’s a great “hobbit” ship with a sharp bite.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles
On 3/2/2018 at 11:00 AM, Deputy276 said:

The shells are technically right on target, and if it was the real world, there would be considerable secondary damage done to the ships being bracketed (if using HE shells). But bracketing a ship in WOWS is simply a miss. And the QE seems to suffer a LOT of bracketing of her shells.

Agreed, I had one match where I fired three salvos dead-on and bracketed all three in a row. I hit more AIRCRAFT that match than ships, it was pathetic.

Members
2,128 posts
4,750 battles

I am at 145 battles with her averaging 56% win rate, 54.7k damage (was higher, but weekend+bad streak), 0.96 ship kill, 2.0 overall K/D. I do agree that her guns can be somewhat inconsistent from one game to the next, but when they do perform well I've seen some beautiful results.