You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BrushWolf

Bad Streaks

27 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,583 posts
8,995 battles

They suck particularly when you have a mission that requires wins. Four victories out of 18 matches over the last two days. :Smile_sad: I have watched defeat being snatched from the jaws of victory far too often.

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

I wish I had scrolled to see this rather than make my own similar thread a few minutes ago...I could have just commiserated here. 

[RLGN]
Members
8,242 posts
17,242 battles

Partly why I’ve soured on campaign missions/tasks...

...when I’m trying to get them everything goes to hell, and the losses seem to come like rain.

Effectively why I just choose easy repeatables; for example the French ‘get 120k credits’ and just grind them out to finish a campaign, and worry about the fancy stuff later; I can get those easy ones by playing normally.

Members
519 posts
2,386 battles

I had quite a losing streak yesterday. It's extremely frustrating, and I don't know what anyone can do about it. Streaks happen the other way too. Still, I'm avoiding the mission to earn 300k credits in one battle. There's no guarantee that would happen in randoms before I ran out of flags. In co-op or operations you can have more influence on the outcome, since firstly you're not uptiered, secondly the bots are rather predictable and can be outplayed at least by you. I used to go co-op when the losing streak got to be too much.

Members
842 posts

Good thing about the money missions:

How much you earn, credit-wise, is NOT affected by whether you win or lose the game. It's only about solo performance.

Naturally, really stupid teams make having a good game harder, but it's not that big of a variance.

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

We all have gone through this,Stop trying so hard and play a normal game with no incentives to motivate you to play any other way.

[JUICE]
Members
819 posts
6,369 battles

I have gotten plenty of wins the past couple days but damage output has been my problem. have a good damage game and survive = loss Score a couple quick kills and sink = win. It is crazy......

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,837 posts
13,050 battles

Bad Streaks?  When you take off running and forget to take your clothes off.

[5IN]
Members
1,791 posts
8,129 battles

Bad streaks suck.  Yes, they happen to us all, but that's little consolation... I've gone 8 for 21 in the last 3 days.  A few good games, many curbstomps where you look up and go "wow, where did my team go?"

As others have said, time to step back and take a break.

Best of luck to you all!

B

[ARGSY]
Members
1,283 posts
8,944 battles

I'm in the midst of one right now grinding the Ognevoi. A bright point, however, is that I was tracking a Richelieu with my torpedo marker while a friendly Yeuyang was somewhat between us. I had a sip of wine, and then put my hand on my mouse again, but managed to set out an accidental salvo. Warned teammate, and he wondered why I sent them off behind him (he was basically calling me a noob). I landed 3 on a completely random Richelieu that had changed course. We still lost, but that was pretty awesome.

[90THC]
Members
444 posts
5,500 battles

just have to take a break. what im doing atm. Working towards the Alsace, two wins in the rich then three losses i did well in those games (including a 155k damage one) but a break helps alot.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,583 posts
8,995 battles
10 hours ago, KommandantPerry said:

just have to take a break. what im doing atm. Working towards the Alsace, two wins in the rich then three losses i did well in those games (including a 155k damage one) but a break helps alot.

Normally that is what I tell people but I was on a time limit to get 15 wins but gave up last night at 4 wins so missed out on 7 French containers. I think I may just take tonight off if things don't turn around a bit.

Members
191 posts
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Normally that is what I tell people but I was on a time limit to get 15 wins but gave up last night at 4 wins so missed out on 7 French containers. I think I may just take tonight off if things don't turn around a bit.

I'm too stubborn. Sometimes I know I am the potato, other times it's the team being the potato or a combination of the two. Regardless, if I am wanting to get something i keep pushing it. Last night went 12 games and only 3 of em were wins. Just wanted my containers cause i dont always get the 3rd daily.

Did not help that chat was quite vocal last night with people yelling at each other. I finally had some sets of matches that made me understand why so many people just turn chat off.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,583 posts
8,995 battles
1 minute ago, xovian said:

I'm too stubborn. Sometimes I know I am the potato, other times it's the team being the potato or a combination of the two. Regardless, if I am wanting to get something i keep pushing it. Last night went 12 games and only 3 of em were wins. Just wanted my containers cause i dont always get the 3rd daily.

Did not help that chat was quite vocal last night with people yelling at each other. I finally had some sets of matches that made me understand why so many people just turn chat off.

What is ironic is we got together for some CW last night and we went 5/7 finishing on a 4 game winning streak.

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,756 posts
4,567 battles
3 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

What is ironic is we got together for some CW last night and we went 5/7 finishing on a 4 game winning streak.

Well, don't you  get better team in CW? :Smile_unsure:

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,583 posts
8,995 battles
1 minute ago, pyantoryng said:

Well, don't you  get better team in CW? :Smile_unsure:

We are scrubs when it comes to CW but we managed to pull ourselves off the bottom, as in we couldn't go any lower, of Squall and got well into the second level of it.Hopefully we can continue the rise on Saturday.

[SYN]
Members
546 posts
6,157 battles
15 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

They suck particularly when you have a mission that requires wins. Four victories out of 18 matches over the last two days. :Smile_sad: I have watched defeat being snatched from the jaws of victory far too often.

I had a terrible day yesterday. In the Kagero, I averaged 52K for a 22% WR. Today, I derp once and give the reds a first blood, or spend the entire battle trying to get in torp range of something, 12K damage and 100% WR. 

Streaks, right?

[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,951 battles

If you really want wins wake up at 5AM and play lol only the really dedicated players play that early. But it has been worth it to me if I have been on losing streak for couple days. Like have not been able to get Jack Dunkirk moving up in level for few days, but got on early this morning and added decent amount to him finally, granted not record breaking p, but got wins on the 3 RN ships I have to train him win.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

Too bad tier 4 doesn't count...I can easily bounce and shatter 150 shells fired from my Danae. :cap_haloween:

Oops, wrong thread. 

Edited by BullpupWOT

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,756 posts
4,567 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

If you really want wins wake up at 5AM and play lol only the really dedicated players play that early. But it has been worth it to me if I have been on losing streak for couple days. Like have not been able to get Jack Dunkirk moving up in level for few days, but got on early this morning and added decent amount to him finally, granted not record breaking p, but got wins on the 3 RN ships I have to train him win.

Move physically to ASIA zone and play NA from there...:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,583 posts
8,995 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Usually any time before noon or 1PM central time is good.

[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,951 battles
44 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Usually any time before noon or 1PM central time is good.

Well I have had weeks before where some ships need to be used very early morning lol, but yeah most of the time mornings are good.

[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,951 battles
1 hour ago, pyantoryng said:

Move physically to ASIA zone and play NA from there...:Smile_trollface:

If I was in Asia I would probably play Asian server, played Tanks on Asian server and it was shocking how smart they played compared to NA.