Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SansPeur

Map Changes 0.7.2

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

130
[-HON-]
Beta Testers
375 posts
9,535 battles

So the new patch changed a bunch of things, including the map Northern Lights to be like this:

5a988e67aeaa8_NewNL.thumb.jpg.958fa3b8a8f2156ed0c6c7164832d3be.jpg

I know this happened because I have played the map twice today (yes BBs still go 10 line.)

Odd that the map North still has the old layout.

5a988e7255ab7_NewNorth.thumb.jpg.b756df7209e17123d2cf30128e403740.jpg

The new layout is much more fun as the action happens in the middle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,826
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Not a new Map but a New way to challenge players.

WTG WG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,737
[INTEL]
Members
8,582 posts
25,696 battles
3 minutes ago, SansPeur said:

So the new patch changed a bunch of things, including the map Northern Lights to be like this:

5a988e7255ab7_NewNorth.thumb.jpg.b756df7209e17123d2cf30128e403740.jpg

The new layout is much more fun as the action happens in the middle.

As it should be... reallly looking forward to this map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,150
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,904 battles

Still BB player sail to the east side of the map. Guess they try to cap the old D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
130
[-HON-]
Beta Testers
375 posts
9,535 battles
12 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Not a new Map but a New way to challenge players.

WTG WG

But you still get the old layout which sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38
[CRMSN]
Members
147 posts
12,393 battles
1 minute ago, SansPeur said:

But you still get the old layout which sucks.

Maybe they will change it a bit in the future after they get some data on it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,264
[PVE]
Members
5,619 posts
18,209 battles

Just add more rocks, not enough rocks in the game. The most important aspect of any naval combat throughout history has been the geography of the ocean. All the great naval fights that have been amongst the rocks is legend. Just hire a monkey and have him throw poop at a blank ocean map and use those in the game. Or in the case you have a monkey tossing poop, give him a raise and cup of coffee.  Also make sure to put more rocks at spawn were they are needed most, not enough rocks at spawn because you can still just manage to get ships through the rocks. I just remember the Japanese commander at Midway complaining that had they had more rocks, they would have totally won that fight and not lost any ships. The Russian commander after the slaughter of their fleet by the Japanese back in the day, also commented that had he had more access to rocks, they could have totally beaten them.

You know with just a few more rocks we could incorporate WoT and WoWS and everyone just play on the same server together. Artillery would have a field day... 

Edited by Taylor3006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38
[CRMSN]
Members
147 posts
12,393 battles
1 minute ago, Taylor3006 said:

Just add more rocks, not enough rocks in the game. The most important aspect of any naval combat throughout history has been the geography of the ocean. All the great naval fights that have been amongst the rocks is legend. Just hire a monkey and have him throw poop at a blank ocean map and use those in the game. Or in the case you have a monkey tossing poop, give him a raise and cup of coffee.  Also make sure to put more rocks at spawn were they are needed most, not enough rocks at spawn because you can still just manage to get ships through the rocks. I just remember the Japanese commander at Midway complaining that had they had more rocks, they would have totally won that fight and not lost any ships. The Russian commander after the slaughter of their fleet by the Japanese back in the day, also commented that had he had more access to rocks, they could have totally beaten them.

You know with just a few more rocks we could incorporate WoT and WoWS and everyone just play on the same server together. Artillery would have a field day... 

Ok, then all BBs should have their sigma nerfed to accurate values so the rest of the ships in the game have a chance...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,264
[PVE]
Members
5,619 posts
18,209 battles
2 hours ago, FacePalming said:

Ok, then all BBs should have their sigma nerfed to accurate values so the rest of the ships in the game have a chance...

Don't care, don't play BBs all that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,680
Supertester, Alpha Tester
6,039 posts

I'd like it better if they lost a few rocks.  Sea room for the win.  If I wanted things to hide behind I'd play tanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
594 posts
4,435 battles

For your sarcastic folks...

Nerf ALL your dispersion values to the real ones, including cruisers and destroyers.

Then nerf your ability to start fires with a single shell. Can't have that can we?

Oh, and remove all but two torpedo salvos to destroyers.

And while we are at it, let's make it so aircraft carriers aren't even on the map, they just fly their planes in once every 10 minutes (should actually be three or four hours, but we can't leave carriers out for four matches can we?).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
594 posts
4,435 battles

Getting this post BACK ON TRACK.

I only saw this map once.

The other times it's been Standard or the old Domination theme.

I'd prefer to try the new one more often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,368
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,418 posts
3,875 battles
56 minutes ago, Quaffer said:

I'd like it better if they lost a few rocks.  Sea room for the win.  If I wanted things to hide behind I'd play tanks.

I'm sure all the cruisers share your sentiments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
232
Members
964 posts
7,182 battles
4 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Just add more rocks, not enough rocks in the game. The most important aspect of any naval combat throughout history has been the geography of the ocean. All the great naval fights that have been amongst the rocks is legend. Just hire a monkey and have him throw poop at a blank ocean map and use those in the game. Or in the case you have a monkey tossing poop, give him a raise and cup of coffee.  Also make sure to put more rocks at spawn were they are needed most, not enough rocks at spawn because you can still just manage to get ships through the rocks. I just remember the Japanese commander at Midway complaining that had they had more rocks, they would have totally won that fight and not lost any ships. The Russian commander after the slaughter of their fleet by the Japanese back in the day, also commented that had he had more access to rocks, they could have totally beaten them.

You know with just a few more rocks we could incorporate WoT and WoWS and everyone just play on the same server together. Artillery would have a field day... 

 

You have obviously never heard of admiral Yi Sun sin or the battle of Myeongnyang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,264
[PVE]
Members
5,619 posts
18,209 battles
46 minutes ago, Rouxi said:

You have obviously never heard of admiral Yi Sun sin or the battle of Myeongnyang

Yup I have, saw the movie. Not sure if that is relevant to naval warfare in the era we are playing the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×