You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rekkoff

Remove the ship restriction in the new OP.

38 comments in this topic

[115TH]
Beta Testers
256 posts

Seriously, remove the restriction on the new OP, let us play what we want to play.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 9

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

LOL if you can't play what and how you like NURF IT/ BUFF IT. 

I guess Participation Trophies have been big in your life.

• Funny 2

[INTEL]
Members
8,567 posts
25,643 battles

The ship restriction is a great idea. Really like it. 

Now if I could just get one star in that Op...

[NGA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,269 posts
3,424 battles

I got 5 the first try.

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,171 posts
18,862 battles

Yeah let me play my T10 in the T6 operations! Remove all restrictions! 

How could WG dare to make operations that match to a certain theme. 

• Funny 1

[-TKS-]
Members
297 posts
5,905 battles
3 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Yeah let me play my T10 in the T6 operations! Remove all restrictions! 

How could WG dare to make operations that match to a certain theme. 

better yet a skip operations button would be great cause even with the right ships its just to hard . 

[DRI-S]
[DRI-S]
Members
571 posts
16,683 battles

Got my 5 stars in the second attempt. Nice campaign, thanks WG. :Smile_honoring:

[RLGN]
Members
8,240 posts
17,222 battles

Win, loose, or 5-star, I’m in for at least five runs because that makes it easier to track how many games per ship I have in Ops.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,252 posts
8,565 battles

It's limited so people can't abuse it as much... Narai.

/conspiracy /tinfoilhat

Still lame, though; I think they should remove it too. 

• Cool 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,485 posts
3,435 battles

The reason it's restricted is for thematic purposes. Which the players have asked for as well to change things up some. You also only have yourself to blame after having at least a week or more of advanced notice on the impending Operation.

Lack of preparation aside, Thematic Operations are a good thing. It gives WG the ability to alternate between thematic Operations that are more strictly balanced by ship-class limitations, alongside the more generic Operations that are looser in requirement but have more enemies at greater tier variances.

• Cool 2

[WOLF3]
Members
6,388 posts
2,377 battles
45 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

The ship restriction is a great idea. Really like it. 

Now if I could just get one star in that Op...

You too?  Only tried it once but failed.  I misplayed (used my Hydro charges too soon), but a lot was due to inexperience of team members, like where the scout planes are.  We had a Flint that took care of most of the sky cancer, but the BBs didn't seem to understand the concept of shielding Ruan.  It was always well out front of them and ate it at the end.

Also, there are several significant differences from PT.  For one, the thunderstorm moves across the map so is of a considerably shorter duration.

Maybe I'll see you tonight.

Members
416 posts

This is the first OP I've played and received 0 stars. I think that WG may have gone a bit overboard considering the capabilities of T7 cruisers. And the friendly AI winds up being useless and gets in the way a lot.

Members
345 posts
5 battles

No, next mindless complaint?

12 hours ago, guns_at_last_light said:

This is the first OP I've played and received 0 stars. I think that WG may have gone a bit overboard considering the capabilities of T7 cruisers. And the friendly AI winds up being useless and gets in the way a lot.

gone overboard you say, then why did I get 3x 5 star clears on it with a team full of just atlantas?

Edited by TheNargacuga

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,404 posts
3,583 battles

I had to bail on my clan mates last night after CW because I din't have any ships. 

Thats not the Dev's fault thats my fault. We have had plenty of headway in knowing what was required here.. 

Members
416 posts
1 hour ago, TheNargacuga said:

gone overboard you say, then why did I get 3x 5 star clears on it with a team full of just atlantas?

Probably because you had a good team. This Op leaves less room for error when it comes to players understanding what to do, and, as I mentioned, non-Premium (i.e. Atlanta and Belfast) Tier 7 US/UK/FR cruisers aren't the best.

[SG]
Beta Testers
61 posts
9,067 battles

Running Belfast, Fiji's, and Atlanta's, we completed it with 5 stars first run through. Only 3 of us in a guild div, rest were pubs. This OP is not that hard. 

[BIAS]
Members
3,138 posts
9,194 battles
15 hours ago, Rekkoff said:

Seriously, remove the restriction on the new OP, let us play what we want to play.

So you want to be able to take out whatever ship you feel like playing? So, say someone want's to take out a t4 ship, that's ok??

And theoretically if that t4 ship gets matched up with 6 other players with t2's and they get stomped by the bots, that's ok??

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

actually bogatyr probably could do well against all the DDs and even cruisers  :P  or possibly St Louis.  :D

Members
18,173 posts
5,190 battles
2 hours ago, TheNargacuga said:

Because you had a team full of Atlantas......

My first game was a 5-star, and we only had 4 Atlantas, there wasn't much left for the other 3 of us.

[SF-3]
Members
1,502 posts
8,097 battles

I dont mind the restriction, I see how it could be frustrating for others, but you really do have a lot of choices of ships. I also got 5* the first time, we probably had 4 Atlantas, easiest OP I have done yet. I am wondering though if Atlanta breaks the OP because of all the AA.

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts
16 hours ago, Rekkoff said:

If it had been a Weeb-only ship OP would you have cared at all? Personally I want more Historical Themed OPs, regardless of which side. I want a Jutland, dreadnought OP, I dont care if we have to use the KA/Konig/Kaiser or the Warspite/Orion/QE/ID.

Edited by _RC1138