Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tpaktop2_1

Video - Arkansas - 116k Dam, 1.2k BXP, DS, Confed., CQE, Kraken, HC

3 comments in this topic

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,073 posts
12,812 battles

I decided to take the Arkansas Beta out after a bad series of tier 8 random battles. This ship brings out the love of the fight in matches. Having 19 skill point commander makes this ship a joy to take to sea.

• Cool 1

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,073 posts
12,812 battles

The Arkansas deployment into WoWS on which version of the Arky can bring up debate, such as no torpedoes or anti-aircraft (AA) gunnery. For me its understanding what the ship can do. 

Not having AA is an annoyance for me but it is understandable for its tier. Not all tier 4 BBs have strong AA. The ship goes along with what Major General Billy Mitchell theory of what aircraft can do versus weaken AA BBs. It fits well in the historical time frame.

Despite the no AA factor, the main armament gunnery is reasonable in penetration and dispersion. Its no Yamato but for its tier, with the right captain skills, the ship can pump out rounds and damage. The Arky main armaments can reach to 16.7km. The secondary armament responds well with BFT and AFT skill sets. With the secondaries, I can hit targets out to 6 km. The secondaries are good as a counter measure for Destroyers in trying torpedo runs versus the Arky.

The survivability does seem better than the Wyoming in comparison. Or maybe its the way the other commanders are playing their Wyoming's in a match ? The ship maneuverability is acceptable to me. The rudder feels normal for a battleship.

The Arkansas Beta ship is a good reward for commanders that earned it. I am happy that I received the gift and play it almost all the time in WoWS. 

Sign in to follow this