Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tpaktop2_1

Video - Emile Bertin -99k Damage, 1.9k Base XP. 3 KO's, 11 Fires, Devastating Strike

7 comments in this topic

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,073 posts
12,812 battles

I decided to take the Emile Bertin out on the seas in a random battle on the Twin Brothers map. At first I thought we would lose the "A" side, but the team rallied. I was surprise by the amount of fires I made on the enemy ships. I never had that many fires with the Bertin before.

• Cool 1

[-BSS-]
Members
394 posts
6,197 battles

Nice match

This is a great little ship, it surprised me once when I got 6 citadels all in one volley, it’s HE is so good that it is easy to overlook the AP 

11 citadels in that match and that was with using AP only in ideal moments 

1,542 posts
26 battles

Great game @Tpaktop2_1. She's a ship people don't talk a lot about but she's not a bad one. She can do a fair amount of damage and her targeting is pretty good too

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,073 posts
12,812 battles
20 hours ago, WolfofWarship said:

Great game @Tpaktop2_1. She's a ship people don't talk a lot about but she's not a bad one. She can do a fair amount of damage and her targeting is pretty good too

This ship seems better in handling other ships of higher tiers. It does have its weaknesses, however if the team can support the Emile Bertin, then the ship can perform well. I like this ship over most cruisers.

[CVA16]
Members
2,266 posts
9,841 battles

Good job--but a fair amount of luck and RNG involved too. When my PT counter jumps to 6 and I'm still sailing mostly straight (or even turning) with no place to hide, I'm usually dead shortly there after. Then that BB manages to completely straddle you at close range.

22 hours ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

I was surprise by the amount of fires I made on the enemy ships. I never had that many fires with the Bertin before.

Just wondering. Were you running IFHE? As you mentioned, you were getting LOTS of fires. Almost have the points to get it on my captain.

Edited by Sabot_100

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,073 posts
12,812 battles
1 hour ago, Sabot_100 said:

Good job--but a fair amount of luck and RNG involved too. When my PT counter jumps to 6 and I'm still sailing mostly straight (or even turning) with no place to hide, I'm usually dead shortly there after. Then that BB manages to completely straddle you at close range.

Just wondering. Were you running IFHE? As you mentioned, you were getting LOTS of fires.

The following is what I use for the Emile Bertin build

Consumables
All premium by credits – I can afford this

Upgrades
Main Armaments Mod 1
Damage Control  System 1
Aiming Systems Mod 1

Signal Flags (minimum)
India X-ray +0.5% chance of causing a fire for bombs and shells with a caliber below 160mm.
Victor Lima +0.5% chance of causing a fire for bombs and shells with a caliber below 160mm.
Sierra Mike + 5% of speed 
India Yankee -20% to fire duration
Juliet Charlie -100% to the risk of your ship's magazine detonating

I have an 11 skill point captain at the moment. 

Commander skill sets (Current)
Priority Target (1)
Adrenaline Rush (2)
Demolition Expert (3)
Concealment (4)

Commander skill sets to be added (Future)
Expert Marksman (2)
Survivability Expert or Basics of Survivability (3) – I would rather go with Survivability Expert as a personal preference because of adding HP
Basic Fire Training (3)
Preventive Maintenance (1)

In regards to IFHE skill, I don't think you need it. With the signal flags for the EB, it has a 16% of starting a fire. Add in IFHE it drops to 15%. But this drop for fire is not the reason for not using the IFHE skill.

You will then calculate the HE penetration of the 152 mm guns. They pen 25 mm un-modified. With IFHE this is increase to 32 mm (152/6=32.93). As is with the 25 mm penetration, you can do damage to all of the tier 5 BBs from bows and sterns. On the tier 5 BB hulls, your IFHE shells will bounce since most of them are 100 mm+>. IMO if you use the IFHE skill I don't think you are getting your money's worth as they say. You would do better with the AP rounds if you need the penetration.

I hope you have fun in the future with the Emile Bertin  :Smile_honoring:

Edited by Tpaktop2_1

[CVA16]
Members
2,266 posts
9,841 battles

Thanks. Always thought IFHE was a "requirement" for light cruisers. You will face up to T7 ships after all. I will have to reevaluate.

I have always prioritized Expert Marksmen over Adrenalin Rush as I feel I get more shots off for most of the game  instead that flurry of fire just before I die. Hate that waiting-for-your-guns-to-lock time when I have to shift targets quick or constantly out turning my guns as I try to dance between salvos. I do seem to be in the minority though. 

Last Stand is also a good 2pt choice  (for French Cruisers with glass rudders).

Sign in to follow this