Sign in to follow this  
Fletcher7_1944

Major game/port problem

8 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
3,239 posts

Discovered something hinky when I logged on to the game last night:

ALL of my ships- and in use port slots- are gone!   The unused port slots are still there.     It says NO Ships,  and to the right side- where the total number of ships and empty slots are shown when you hover the mouse over any ship- it says  0 ships and 13 vacant slots.  

Not only that, but the port itself is missing, it's just a black screen.    The other game stuff is there: Campaigns,  missions containers, etc  just no port back drop.    All my doubloons credits and free xp is still there.

Worst of all, I can't close the client!   The red x in the top righthand corner will light up when you hover over it, and it reacts when you click it- but nothing happens.    Same for any of the game functions- I clicked on campaigns, because of the NEW! icon- and it made the usual "I was clicked" noise, but nothing happened.

I would literally have to shut down my computer to close the game client, and I have other things open I don't want to close.  (no games or anything like that, just tabs)

What gives???   I know I didn't sell 138 ships...  (I'd have a gazillion credits if I did)

Members
1,100 posts
6,201 battles
25 minutes ago, khorender_1 said:

Use the repair and check integrity ?

I reported this same problem a while back and no mention was made by WG staff to "repair and check integrity". They instead recommended I check to see if my video driver was outdated. It was so I installed the updated one. The problem still happens now and then, just as described by the OP. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles
1 hour ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

ALL of my ships- and in use port slots- are gone! 

I would freak, seriously, just totally freak if that happened to me.

Members
519 posts
3,350 battles
31 minutes ago, Cuesta_Rey said:

I reported this same problem a while back and no mention was made by WG staff to "repair and check integrity". They instead recommended I check to see if my video driver was outdated. It was so I installed the updated one. The problem still happens now and then, just as described by the OP. 

Damn that's really weird..

Members
3,399 posts
8,267 battles

Cool, I got that new Stealth Fleet camo.  I feel extra special now.  Thanks a lot WG.

AA5qCKX.jpg

[YORHA]
Members
3,319 posts
2 hours ago, lemekillmister said:

Cool, I got that new Stealth Fleet camo.  I feel extra special now.  Thanks a lot WG.

AA5qCKX.jpg

Don't try to enter a match when this is happening.  You will hang at the loading screen and have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to get out and close the client.  By the time you get back in you will probably be deleted and have lost any Flags or Camos you had on.

Members
3,399 posts
8,267 battles
5 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Don't try to enter a match when this is happening.  You will hang at the loading screen and have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to get out and close the client.  By the time you get back in you will probably be deleted and have lost any Flags or Camos you had on.

It's the David Copperfield effect.  My theory is they needed to add something with some sizzle to replace Steven Seagal in 0.7.2 :etc_red_button:

Sign in to follow this