You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NeutralState

Aigle with IFHE? Too meme?

6 comments in this topic

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,406 posts
3,583 battles

Correct me if I am wrong, isn't there a bug atm in which IFHE does not work on Aigle? 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,454 posts
11,762 battles
3 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

Correct me if I am wrong, isn't there a bug atm in which IFHE does not work on Aigle? 

The penetration values still work, but the decrease in fire chance was bugged in testing to the same values as if she had 140 MM guns.

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts
23 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

Does any DD even use IFHE outside Akizuki now?

I have IFHE + fire on my Khab Cap'n.  I use IFHE in lieu of concealment.  Dont figure I use concealment that often on Khab as I'm trying to keep my guns going 24/7.   

My Akizuki cap'n is the only other DD on which I use IFHE.     Other DDs -- its too hard to get the cap'n skills to include IFHE and concealment and fire + all the other stuff.  

Edited by Dr_Dirt

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

If the Math works it works?

Idk, I've been running IFHE on all my SB built CMDRs and ships for the extra pen chances. 

I think a Des Moines once I get one will be a very interesting DD hunter when spec'ed for Secondaries.. It's got enough DP 127s on a broadside to be an additional DD. 

I'd probably run IFHE on most of my DDs once I start focusing on those lines. As much as %Fire helps a tonne for Beta damage; I'd prefer more consistency in Alphas. 

Although 4pts, possibly 8 if you grab AFT, for guns is a large opportunity cost for a DD. Especially now that OWSF has been removed. Also there's only so much time one can sit in smoke and shoot. Or hide behind an island; your a DD, you're the one who is supposed to provide primary spotting. 

It's a choice entirely dependent on playstyle, some use guns more than others. While others rely on team spotting and Torps. 

[O_S_D]
[O_S_D]
Members
105 posts
12,514 battles
2 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

The penetration values still work, but the decrease in fire chance was bugged in testing to the same values as if she had 140 MM guns.

WarGaming does not care about fixing this several month old 139mm/IFHE bug.  I have the French Friant T3 cruiser and its 139mm guns also get the 140mm penalty when IFHE is chosen.  I wonder if French BB 139mm secondaries get the same treatment?