You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NovaTempest

So after French BBs... whats next...? (Poll)

Future Lines  

124 members have voted

1. 1. What Line would you see / argue for appearing next in the near future?

• British Carrier Line
    • French Destroyer Line
    • Italian Cruiser Line
    • Italian Battleship Line
    • Pan-Asian Cruiser Line
    • Italian Carrier Line
    • Russian Battleship Line
    • Italian Destroyer Line
    • Other / A line not listed here

41 comments in this topic

Members
31 posts
2,267 battles

So with the brand-spanking new addition of french battleships comes the obvious question of what the devs of world of warships are going to do next.

In my Opinion, A French Battleship line was one of the lesser-expected lines I was expecting to see come this soon after the British Battleship and Pan-Asian Destroyer lines had been added. However, even with that addition there is still a healthy number of lines that World of Warships can add to the game, I personally would like to see a Carrier line (*COUGH* British? *COUGH*) added to diversify the class, which might actually influence me to finally try it out, rather than trying to pick one or the other like it is now.

So think of this as just a way to speak your mind out, if you want to make a case for your vote in the poll here go right on ahead!

Edited by NovaTempest

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts

It's the USN Cruiser split.

After that it's (supposedly) the RN DD line.

Also the Devs have said that no Commonwealth lines will be done; they will remain premiums only.

Edited by _RC1138

Beta Testers
398 posts
9,353 battles

RN Heavy Cruisers, sick of BB's and DD's

Members
31 posts
2,267 battles
2 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

It's the USN Cruiser split.

After that it's (supposedly) the RN DD line.

Also the Devs have said that no Commonwealth lines will be done; they will remain premiums only.

Thanks for that, tweaked the poll based off that info. Wonder what the split line will feature...?

[KNMSU]
Members
3,368 posts
3,951 battles

My money is on Italian cruisers. I really don't think the community has the appetite for another ultra-gimmicky line, and since that's all Wargaming seems to be able to do when it comes to Britain, doubtless the RN heavy cruisers will be built around ramming... or have 5 second duration smoke... or have a max range of 5 KM but a secondary range of 20.

• Funny 1

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,411 battles

There's a part of me that's insanely curious to see what kind of monstrosities they can put together for a Russian battleship line.  I think British DD would be the next logical choice though.

[O7]
Beta Testers, Supertester
6,398 posts
7,363 battles

Either Russian Battleship for gamescom or Italian Cruisers.

[KNMSU]
Members
3,368 posts
3,951 battles
Just now, Akeno017 said:

An IJN or USN BB split would be nice.

I see it as exceedingly unlikely that the IJN will ever have a BB split. While they arguably had enough "what if" battlecruiser designs to populate a tree up to about tier 6/7, it would be pretty much all paper in the thereafter. Basically, all their ships with the exception of Ise and Hyuga are currently covered.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,489 posts
3,435 battles

The only other confirmed line is the USN Cruiser Split, due out Q2 2018 (April-June). 6 ships total. Testing to begin soon. It is currently ahead of schedule by a month, due to the French BBs passing through testing to live without any real issues.

Now if we go into hearsay, WG has hinted at Russian BBs for 2018 (2015~early 2017 Q&As), and open speculation over RN DDs. They have been silent on MN DDs however, but they too can be a possibility.

The only near-definite thing we have as far as Italians go is that WG said they're unlikely to arrive until 2019. Partially due to some issues with high tier design viability. That can change if WG manages to finish the Italian cruiser line ahead of schedule.

WG has also already stated that they will not be doing any further line splits past the USN Cruiser line until after getting out all the main lines (DDs, Cruisers, and BBs) of the remaining nations missing them. They did say they would try to wrap up the IJN Gunship line split in 2018, but no further info since 2017.

So that really leaves only 5 possible choices for 2018, barring a surprise twist like the Pan Asian line, or getting ahead of schedule and squeezing in another line.

• USN Cruiser Split
  • VMF BB line (Unconfirmed)
  • RN DD line (Unconfirmed but likely)
  • MN DD line (Unconfirmed but just as likely as RN DDs)
  • RM DD or Cruiser line (Unlikely; unless WG was well ahead of schedule or there were issues with one of the other lines besides the USN Cruiser split)

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,208 posts
12,740 battles
20 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Source?

Members
519 posts
3,350 battles
9 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Lutzow said:

it would be pretty much all paper in the thereafter.

I have more of a problem with cloned ships than I do with paper ones..

Members
1,640 posts
7,474 battles
9 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Lutzow said:

it would be pretty much all paper in the thereafter.

Never stopped us before, and a IJN split line feels fitting to the tech tree imo.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,631 posts
13,602 battles
16 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

British Destroyers

Yes

Or French or Italian

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,489 posts
3,435 battles
5 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Lutzow said:

I see it as exceedingly unlikely that the IJN will ever have a BB split. While they arguably had enough "what if" battlecruiser designs to populate a tree up to about tier 6/7, it would be pretty much all paper in the thereafter. Basically, all their ships with the exception of Ise and Hyuga are currently covered.

WG has previously stated they would later do an IJN BB line split in the far future. Just not a priority. They mentioned they had enough paper projects to work 3-4 splits, depending on how they group them. Same applies for some of the USN BB line split, of which they mentioned as having enough paper projects to work out 4-5 splits, depending on grouping.

Of course, "line split" or "branch" is nebulous. It could be a 1-ship line split/branch, or a 7-ship line split/branch. Based on info I have been able to find, I could readily see 2 IJN BB splits** alone off more readily known designs. Others have put together even larger branches for both the IJN and USN BBs grouped by different factors and flavors.

**The setup linked is slightly dated and need of some changes considering what we have now since then, but the general idea is there.

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,258 posts
2,029 battles

USN CL split is next up, the summer/fall line is still up in the air - speculation guesses RN DDs, while the ghost of Russian BBs continues to be a potential wild card.

The winter line, however, is known to be Italian cruisers, most likely a CA-heavy line.

Members
4,822 posts
5,596 battles
28 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Lutzow said:

My money is on Italian cruisers. I really don't think the community has the appetite for another ultra-gimmicky line, and since that's all Wargaming seems to be able to do when it comes to Britain, doubtless the RN heavy cruisers will be built around ramming... or have 5 second duration smoke... or have a max range of 5 KM but a secondary range of 20.

Honestly, I think that RN CA have the best chance at being 'normal', and I have absolutely no problems with that, if they aren't gimmicky. Not much you can do to alter an 8" gun cruiser. If RN CAs are to be 'boring'(read, non-gimmicky) regular heavy cruisers, I say bring it on. I've yet to go down the RN cruiser line and a lot of that has to do with them being CLs(I'm not much of a CL guy) and the rest being with their silly SAP gimmick + smoke + glass hulls.

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

My guesses would be 

1. RN DDs 

2. Italian CACLs 

3. French DDs

4. Russian BBs 

5. RN CVs or Italian BBs

---

Another possible one could be RN CA split similar to the IJN DD split. I doubt that it would be a full line split to T10 like the Russian DDs; there might be too much paper designs involved. 

I'm sure they will eventually flesh out the partial line splits. But that will probably come once things stabilize more and they have finished fleshing out non-paper design lines of all the other Nations. 

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Source?

One of the Q/A recently. Not the last one where they said T8 gets uptiered most of the time, the big one before that where they talked about Musashi.

Beta Testers
341 posts
2,096 battles

USN cruiser split is next since they're already starting to appear on the ST server.

For the next 2 lines in my opinion will be Russian Battleships, WG mentions they had planned them to be released in 2017 but delayed them because players want other nations first. Since some work is probably already done on the Russian Battleships they'll probably release them this year.

And for the last line a toss up between British DD's, French DDs, or Italian Cruisers.