Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Spotter Zoom Range Ticket

6 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,833 posts
13,050 battles

For all those folks experiencing spotter zoom range issues, where it zooms to cursor range instead of locked target range, I've submitted a ticket to get it fixed back to the way it used to be.  We'll see.

[BIAS]
Members
3,138 posts
9,201 battles

Image result for I'm lost meme

I used spotter plane yesterday with no issues.... I have no idea what you mean by locked target range and cursor range.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,252 posts
8,566 battles

I have actually noticed some weirdness with where the spotter zoom goes, but it's been sporadic, and I've kind of just assumed I wasn't locked properly. Interesting observation; will have to take a look at it.

[CAST]
Members
1,195 posts
7,363 battles

I've always had some issues with the zoom range when using a spotter.  It would randomly go to max range from time to time.  Makes it hard to target a ship, then look around, and then go back to target.  If its fixable, that would be nice.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,833 posts
13,050 battles
3 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

I used spotter plane yesterday with no issues.... I have no idea what you mean by locked target range and cursor range.

When a target isn't locked, the spotter plan zooms to the cursor position, as it should.  However, if a target is locked in spotter plane view, it should zoom to the range of the locked target not to the range of the cursor position.  The best way to test this is to lock a target, put your cursor in the sky, and zoom in.  If you zoom to the edge of the map (max zoom) and not to the target you are looking at, then that's the problem.

You might never experience the problem if you keep your cursor on or near the locked target because a cursor near the target range...well, zooming the cursor is close to a zoom to the target.

3 hours ago, pikohan said:

I have actually noticed some weirdness with where the spotter zoom goes, but it's been sporadic, and I've kind of just assumed I wasn't locked properly. Interesting observation; will have to take a look at it.

Yes.  I too just assumed it was due to some sporadic thing i was doing wrong.   But I remember someone posting on here about cursor position...and I tested it out...and they were correct.  Locked spotter zoom is based on cursor range, not target range.  This was not always so.  Somewhere during a patch in the past they mucked it up.  it's sporadic enough that most don't notice or just adjust for it.

2 hours ago, Murcc said:

I've always had some issues with the zoom range when using a spotter.  It would randomly go to max range from time to time.  Makes it hard to target a ship, then look around, and then go back to target.  If its fixable, that would be nice.

Yes.  And hopefully, if WG fixes the problem, you want have this issue anymore.  The max range occurs when your cursor is sitting in the sky when you zoom in.  A work around fix is to make sure your cursor is on the target when you spot zoom.  

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,833 posts
13,050 battles

First response was basically "working as intended".   But the explanation seemed to address the normal zoom focus vice spotter plane.  I re-opened it. 

Sign in to follow this