You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_ENO_

LOVE the new water effect on the bow / wake

13 comments in this topic

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

I've been pining for an refresh of that bow wave / wake effect and I'm loving this new one. Finally gives a good impression of the ships moving through the water- even from a distance. LOVE IT 

+1 WG.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles

Its awesome.  I did not try it on low settings, my all maxed out it looks gorgeous.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,252 posts
8,566 battles

I've noticed it feels a little bit too aggressive when your ship is moving slowly... but at high speeds the effect is really nice.

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,891 posts
10,457 battles

It looks really pretty, but at the same time I feel like I'm sailing through mollases

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
1 hour ago, Ramsalot said:

Its awesome.  I did not try it on low settings, my all maxed out it looks gorgeous.

it looks good on low quality too

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

This is and will be one of many eye candy moments Thanks WG and the Art dept.

[-BSS-]
Members
394 posts
6,197 battles

I find the outer edges look a bit too rapidly animated or something, other than that I like it, I liked the old one too though

[SYN]
Members
4,541 posts
11,437 battles
1 hour ago, Gascan75 said:

I've been pining for an refresh of that bow wave / wake effect and I'm loving this new one. Finally gives a good impression of the ships moving through the water- even from a distance. LOVE IT 

+1 WG.

Agree.  Nice touch.

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles

But they still don't any dolphins and sharks!  I think at low tier maps they should have dolphins hopping out of water, and at higher tiers they could have sharks.

[_AAM_]
Alpha Tester
459 posts
6,030 battles

From someone who's seen enough of them up close,  the bow waves and wakes look good.   Personally,  I would give the stern wake a little more length,  as even at low prop rpms the blades are pushing alot of water. 

Other than that,  spot on. 

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
3 hours ago, dingodude said:

From someone who's seen enough of them up close,  the bow waves and wakes look good.   Personally,  I would give the stern wake a little more length,  as even at low prop rpms the blades are pushing alot of water. 

Other than that,  spot on. 

I agree it could be fine tuned but as a first step to something that can Be further enhanced I think they didn't a great job. 

I was looking past my ship at an Amagi that was following and could see the bone in her teeth. Really nice looking- really charging it. 

Sorry but it's probably the nicest enhancement I've seen since I started playing.