Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptainTeddybear

Hermes issue

11 comments in this topic

Members
1,857 posts
8,780 battles

Sometimes after the Richileu has left the map he will get torped to death and the mission will fail. An additional issue with this is it is often a DD that hides in back while the others charge, far enough in back that he won't show up on radar. Imo both of these are undesirable but together it can be really aggravating. Especially if you have killed every visible ship on the map and then a DD pops up on the border and the Richileu is off the map.

Edited by CaptainTeddybear

Members
519 posts
3,350 battles
4 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Sometimes after the Richileu has left the map he will get torped to death and the mission will fail. An additional issue with this is it is often a DD that hides in back while the others charge, far enough in back that he won;t show up on radar. Imo both of these are undesirable but together it can be really aggravating. Especially if you have killed every visible ship on the map and then a DD pops up on the border and the Richileu is off the map.

I've also seen where a DD get's caught up in the wreckage and you cant target it, never had that issue until live..

Members
416 posts
6 hours ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Sometimes after the Richileu has left the map he will get torped to death and the mission will fail. An additional issue with this is it is often a DD that hides in back while the others charge, far enough in back that he won't show up on radar. Imo both of these are undesirable but together it can be really aggravating. Especially if you have killed every visible ship on the map and then a DD pops up on the border and the Richileu is off the map.

Just had this happen. I typically enjoy the Ops, but feel that there are some pretty big issues that weren't called out in testing.

[-B-Z-]
Alpha Tester
715 posts
2,661 battles

Tried the Op multiple times, and it is definitely got some issues. As it is, it's pretty much impossible to win as near the end the Richelieu dies no matter how you try to defend it. I don't mind a challenge, but this isn't worth spending any more time in the game this week as I pretty much play operations and co-op, and after this I've lost my appetite for the game for a while.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

i just finished a hermes Operation and my rudder stuck in a right turn no matter what i did I could not get the rudder to shift back. this has happened only once but it was aggravating. 

[ANIME]
Members
363 posts
9,306 battles

I thought that was on purpose to stop you from just running down the Graf Zep and ignoring the other ships.  If you just chase after the Graf Zep, the bot DD's will torp the Richi.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,720 posts

I only failed the first time because I (and no one) on my team were sure what to do. So we followed the Richelieu 

You have to stay out in front of the Richelieu and give him a smoke screen at the end. You should be able to pick off the DDs but you need to get there before he does. 

I haven't seen this so could be wrong but that has been working for me. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,664 posts
3,815 battles

Well for me I just go all in towards those DDs and enemy ships at the last stage to ensure their attention is all on me and not on Rouan. Very risky maneuver, but can be done and greatly increases the chance of winning.

You just need one ship to be the sacrificial lamb to have those DDs drop all of their torps on you and will be in the process of reloading if they managed to get close enough.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,720 posts
1 minute ago, Vader_Sama said:

Well for me I just go all in towards those DDs and enemy ships at the last stage to ensure their attention is all on me and not on Rouan. Very risky maneuver, but can be done and greatly increases the chance of winning.

You just need one ship to be the sacrificial lamb to have those DDs drop all of their torps on you and will be in the process of reloading if they managed to get close enough.

I did that once in my Richelieu and ate a bunch of torpedoes and more on the way, but we won. Got dinged a karma point for my efforts lol

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,664 posts
3,815 battles
Just now, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

I did that once in my Richelieu and ate a bunch of torpedoes and more on the way, but we won. Got dinged a karma point for my efforts lol

I did that as well in the Richelieu and took ZERO torps

https://replayswows.com/replay/18259#stats

Sign in to follow this