You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Chaos_EN2

Bretagne - Sometimes slow is good!

21 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles

Well as many on here know I am not a big Random game player, but I am slowly trying to get my French Collection done. So this morning I outfitted my Bretagne for battle, camo Premium consumables and hopped into a Random game. Well the teams got the map Fault Line/Domination Mode. I was placed with all our team's BBs between A and B - a Kongo and Myogi took off and I followed at the "blazing speed" of 21knts.:Smile_Default: After that you will have to watch the replay:Smile_glasses:

Well, we won well (not bragging and I am not saying I carried the match) because of me, I did nothing special, I help to sink one, took a point (as ordered:Smile_honoring:), helped sink one more and most importantly "just stay alive" to quote a my team-mates, I think the main reason I did was because I was so slow and kinda forgotten about, I think even the Omaha forgot about me, when he showed his broadside to me.

And I am only posting this to show newer players you show never should give up and you should always try to support the team. And I know this match could of gone the other way; if I was a little faster or one of the Red Team's DDs came after me the match it may of ended differently.

So here is the replay, please feel free to give heck, on what I did wrong, how bad of a shot I am (I can hear @Pulicat now:Smile_teethhappy:) I had fun and of me that is the point of any game at least for me.

And I will even take advice or what to do better, BUT I am keeping my little slow Bretagne!:Smile_honoring:

20180301_042010_PFSB105-Bretagne_17_NA_fault_line.wowsreplay

• Cool 1

Members
519 posts
3,350 battles

What is >>>  "I will take the Bretagne  over the New York for 1000 Alex" ..

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
28 minutes ago, khorender_1 said:

What is >>>  "I will take the Bretagne  over the New York for 1000 Alex" ..

I never had any luck with the NY.:Smile_honoring:

But I am enjoying the French BBs and Cruisers.

Edited by Chaos_EN2

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles
59 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

(I can hear @Pulicat now:Smile_teethhappy:)

Bro! EVERYONE can hear @Pulicat, he makes sure of that!

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
11 minutes ago, Umikami said:

:Smile_teethhappy:LOL:Smile_teethhappy:

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,387 battles
17 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

:Smile_teethhappy:LOL:Smile_teethhappy:

He's typing right now.

18 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Members
172 posts
1,501 battles

OP is right. Slow and steady is sometimes the best tactic for several reasons. First and foremost, leading a charge in a battleship isnt always good (For the battleship)  Dunkerque showed me more than a few times that flank speed towards a Cap, only to be spotted first, focused, and then either sunk outright or retreating back to "Protect the Carriers" until my crew runs out of ductape isn't much fun, and isnt very helpful to your team in the least. I usually run 3/4 of my engine speed off the break. Not falling behind to far behind as to not be able to support my Destroyers and cruisers fighting for the cap, but also not sticking my nose where it doesnt belong and ending up first blood. 

Members
519 posts
3,350 battles
2 hours ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

I never had any luck with the NY.:Smile_honoring:

But I am enjoying the French BBs and Cruisers.

Playing the German BB's help with the frustration of the dispersion for me..

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,047 posts
9,335 battles

Liked my Brestagne just fine, good turning, decent speed, decent guns.  Can't say its better than an NY since its been quite a while since I played it and was really learning the game.  Just got the Normandie out of a crate right before release and wow that is a fun ship to drive, its kinda light hitting but seems so fast and maneuavarable

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
7 hours ago, Pulicat said:

I see

Ah come on Pulicat, I thought I would here something more out of you.:Smile_teethhappy:

But I would love some advice, from anyone, EVEN Pulicat!

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
7 hours ago, WolfofWarship said:

Thanks for sharing @Chaos_EN2! Vive la France! :fish_viking:

You are welcome:Smile_honoring:, I really do hope this will help newer players. I am not a fast typer in chat, so when the shells start flying. I am out of advice - cannot type and shoot!:Smile_teethhappy:

Honneur, Patrie, Valeur, Discipline

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
6 hours ago, Morpheous said:

Just got the Normandie out of a crate right before release and wow that is a fun ship to drive, its kinda light hitting but seems so fast and maneuavarable

I have not had much luck with the crates (free ones), I got Bretagne from one nothing since. If I do not get on from a crate, I work my way up to it.

[SOUND]
Members
7 posts
4,907 battles
6 hours ago, Morpheous said:

Liked my Brestagne just fine, good turning, decent speed, decent guns.  Can't say its better than an NY since its been quite a while since I played it and was really learning the game.  Just got the Normandie out of a crate right before release and wow that is a fun ship to drive, its kinda light hitting but seems so fast and maneuavarable

I played the New York both before and after the concealment rebalance.  It feels a lot like the New York before, with the range mod, except...

• It has better firing arcs for the main batteries
  • The guns feel like they've got somewhat higher muzzle velocity
  • It actually has more than three secondaries on a side
  • It has AA which reaches past 3.5 base km (Although it still isn't close to Texas AA, that doesn't usually matter.)

[ARGSY]
Members
6,226 posts
4,189 battles
16 hours ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

think even the Omaha forgot about me, when he showed his broadside to me.

I am assuming this did not end well for the Omaha?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I am assuming this did not end well for the Omaha?

Nope I give him my broadside of guns!! :cap_rambo:I felt sorry for him in a way, he was in a verbal "debate" with his team mates about their skill in the game. 

[ARGSY]
Members
6,226 posts
4,189 battles

I can imagine it now.

Omaha captain: "You guys suck, I am the one true cruiser king!!"

*Bretagne salvo arrives.*

Team-mate: "Yeah, about that..."

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I can imagine it now.

Omaha captain: "You guys suck, I am the one true cruiser king!!"

*Bretagne salvo arrives.*

Team-mate: "Yeah, about that..."

Yeah sort of LoL:cap_haloween:

And please understand I am no superstar player, I just helped my team. And took an Cap as told, I do not want anyone to think I am bragging or making wild claims about my skill.

I am sure the next Random game I will be the one sunk:cap_haloween:it is just the way it goes.:Smile_honoring:

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,104 battles

Well Clannie-mate...have to disagree with you. :Smile_Default: Just wait until you get the Normandie. It is like night and day. The Normandie feels like a full race hydroplane compared to the Bret. Plus it's guns are absolute flamethrowers with HE. If I ever get to the Lyon, I will sell the Bret and use it's upgrades on the Lyon. It's that bad. But I am more interested in grinding my Queen Elizabeth to the KGV to mess around with the silly French. I bet you are a better player than me if you can make anything work on the Bret! :Smile_honoring:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
3 hours ago, Deputy276 said:

Well Clannie-mate...have to disagree with you. :Smile_Default: Just wait until you get the Normandie. It is like night and day. The Normandie feels like a full race hydroplane compared to the Bret. Plus it's guns are absolute flamethrowers with HE. If I ever get to the Lyon, I will sell the Bret and use it's upgrades on the Lyon. It's that bad. But I am more interested in grinding my Queen Elizabeth to the KGV to mess around with the silly French. I bet you are a better player than me if you can make anything work on the Bret! :Smile_honoring:

Well I got her - Normandie - all studied, just saving up the credits. You may have heard or not? I am planning keeping all the French Cruisers and Battleships T3 to T10. I also have the Turenne and the Courbet, and DeGrasse, Tiers 3 - 5  and 7,  and will buy back the La Galissonnière sometime.

And once I get straighten out financial I will get the Dunkerque and the Gascogne if they are available, and someday maybe the Aigle if I can. Yes I know you can it for free right now, and I am trying too. My only non-French ships are - HSF Graf Spee, Alabama, and Black Swan. 

Better Player ! Me, nope just a player I will never be better than anyone, I just try to do the best I can each game - PvE or PvP. I play to have fun nothing more, I do not follow my WTR I just add it so folks know I am not ashamed of it. IMO there is too much emphasis on WTR, but I know for some that is how they have their fun.