You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kaa1elWoWS

Framerate Drop from the Patch

23 comments in this topic

Members
411 posts

Hi Guys!

All of yesterday I was getting bad framerate drops during the action even though I was playing the game at my usual settings. My ping was a steady 35m/s but when I was trying to move the camera or line up shots, the frames would drop from my usual 60fps to about 40fps.

I was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem and has found a solution for it. Or is it something WG is working on?
I run the Ultra Version of the game and I run no mods.

[SF-A]
Members
2,899 posts
5,719 battles

I think it has to do with the new visuals. While it stinks right now, I expect them to either make it optional or less intensive next patch.

Members
1,788 posts
5,664 battles

There starting to move to improve water and weather elements. Its not a fail for WG they are trying to improve the look of the game. The problem is systems that have been alright, are now, not so good. So the choice is lower settings or upgrade...

[GLORY]
Members
214 posts
1,850 battles

I've noticed lots of people complaining about this. Me personally? My game is non-playable. :Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,662 posts
10,330 battles
15 hours ago, Raven114 said:

There starting to move to improve water and weather elements. Its not a fail for WG they are trying to improve the look of the game. The problem is systems that have been alright, are now, not so good. So the choice is lower settings or upgrade...

Dont think this is a systems issue.  In the main forum there is a long thread about this with players rolling i7 1080ti setups experiencing this.

I find it at it's utmost worst when CVs are in battle.

Members
1,788 posts
5,664 battles

I have a GTX1080 I7 quad 4, play the game on max, have had no hiccups. ??

[WOLF5]
Members
280 posts
23 hours ago, Raven114 said:

..all the gimmicks they "add" on a very outdated game engine,just gonna make things worse. I can play lot more hardware demanding games maxed out,or nearly maxed out,no issues,, but with WoW,after every "new" effects that they add,frame rates takes  a big hit.. They should focus on "smooth" game play,,not water splash,and fire effects....

Members
323 posts
On 3/1/2018 at 9:58 AM, Raven114 said:

I'm running a Ryzen 1700x, Titan Xp, 32gb of 3200 ddr 4 ram, and a 960 ssd. 

I had no issue before the patch, and now my screen turns into a flip book usually at The worst most intense action. Yes I reinstalled the graphics driver, and Evan tried a few beta drivers. No go.

This is strictly s WG programing/bug issue. 

[WOLF5]
Members
280 posts

..a bit of update on the fps issue on my end. Since the DX11 version came out last summer,and was in turn unplayable on my PC(very low fps,and after windows fall creators update right out crash at start ) i have been running the game in dx9 mode, without issues, till last patch. Starting wednesday ,fps drops,bla-bla. Today,i have switched to DX11 mode again,to see if any improvement ...Well, have to say,been playing all morning,,not a single fps or other issue (not true,,i have been battling screen flickering issues for a month now,but that`s my AMD RX480)..so looks like, THEY are fixing stuff,and optimizing the game heavily for DX11(or AMD fixed  drivers at their end,who knows) . So if any of you guys have fps problems,after the patch,and been running the game in DX9 mode,,try to switch it.. 

Members
7 posts
27,395 battles
On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:04 AM, Snipereagle23 said:

I've noticed lots of people complaining about this. Me personally? My game is non-playable. :Smile_sad:

did a fresh install this morning , no help game is unplayable GJ WG

• Bad 1

[GLORY]
Members
214 posts
1,850 battles
On 3/2/2018 at 7:25 PM, George_Mcpherson said:

did a fresh install this morning , no help game is unplayable GJ WG

Yup. Sad. 

Members
343 posts
6,782 battles
On 3/1/2018 at 9:58 AM, Raven114 said:

Lower settings do NOT solve the problem, they only delay it a while. It also happens for people with high-en rigs, so upgrading is also a non-solution. The only workaround is to restart your client when the stutters make the game unplayable. On medium, I can get in a dozen or so battles before needing a restart. 

This is most certainly a failure for WG.

[AOI]
Members
111 posts
9,229 battles
On 3/1/2018 at 10:14 AM, pewpewpew42 said:

I think it has to do with the new visuals. While it stinks right now, I expect them to either make it optional or less intensive next patch.

Its a bug or real bad optimization in the latest updates or patch.Nothing to do with hardware or settings.. Checked my PC today as I was playing and at no time did any parameters of my CPU or GPU go above 50% usage..My temps was fine also as well as my memory usage and bus usage..No signs or indications my hardware was any where near being stressed enough to cause my frame rates to drop into the teens and at times make the game unplayable.When a week ago I was a steady 50 to 80 FPS..PS my ping almost always sets at around 35ms..

timinindiana =V=

Edited by timinindiana
added content

[AOI]
Members
111 posts
9,229 battles
On 3/2/2018 at 1:05 PM, VonSmallHausenn said:

..a bit of update on the fps issue on my end. Since the DX11 version came out last summer,and was in turn unplayable on my PC(very low fps,and after windows fall creators update right out crash at start ) i have been running the game in dx9 mode, without issues, till last patch. Starting wednesday ,fps drops,bla-bla. Today,i have switched to DX11 mode again,to see if any improvement ...Well, have to say,been playing all morning,,not a single fps or other issue (not true,,i have been battling screen flickering issues for a month now,but that`s my AMD RX480)..so looks like, THEY are fixing stuff,and optimizing the game heavily for DX11(or AMD fixed  drivers at their end,who knows) . So if any of you guys have fps problems,after the patch,and been running the game in DX9 mode,,try to switch it.. 

will try and let you know here..thanks

timinindiana =V=

[AOI]
Members
111 posts
9,229 battles
On 3/1/2018 at 10:58 AM, Raven114 said:

Not true in this case..Its a bug or real bad optimization in the latest updates or patch.Nothing to do with hardware or settings.. Checked my PC today as I was playing and at no time did any parameters of my CPU or GPU go above 50% usage..My temps was fine also as well as my memory usage and bus usage..No signs or indications my hardware was any where near being stressed enough to cause my frame rates to drop into the teens and at times make the game unplayable.When a week ago I was a steady 50 to 80 FPS..PS my ping almost always sets at around 35ms..

timinindiana =V=

[5IN]
Members
1,792 posts
8,143 battles

I've just started having FPS issues as well..  no idea what changed... no settings on my side.  Its pretty annoying since it just started within the last day or so.  I see a drop from low 60s to 40s... can you disable water splashes, or lower them any?

B

Members
156 posts
12,555 battles

The "stuttering game play issue", where the visuals appear to only update at perhaps 10 to 3 Hz (the frame rates drop as well, but the reported frame rate by the game seems higher than the update rate of the visuals), does not occur all the time for me (and others that I play with).

Up until 7.2, was running the game just fine with almost every graphics setting set to MAX/HIGH without any issues.  Tried setting everything to MEDIUM, but that did not stop the problem from occurring.  Some battles play normally, but in others, when the battle intensifies (lots of planes, ships, torps, gun-fire, etc.), the stuttering starts up and really doesn't stop until the game is restarted.

This issue definitely appears to be "game related", but may only manifest under certain conditions.  WG should roll-back some of the video-enhancements until they get this sorted out.

Running Win 7 Pro on a Quad-Core Xeon (3.6GHz) w/ 32GB 1333MHz DDR3 RAM and a EVGA GTX 1070 FTW.

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,119 battles

I suppose this is a "weekend thing" for WOWS...more people online than WG's crappy servers can handle. During the week I get the same stutters. During the weekEND, I get them, along with freezing and disconnects just before battle starts, as well as during the battle. If WG expects players to spend money on the game, they need to stop adding eye candy and start working on improving the stability and optimizing the maps for game play. For one thing, stop putting in 15-20 islands on every map. I notice that World of Tanks has a brand new graphics engine and it is compatible with ALL comps including the toasters they have in Russia. So it hasn't hurt play-ability at all. Why is WOWS the cheap second cousin? 

[WOLF5]
Members
280 posts
2 minutes ago, Deputy276 said:

I suppose this is a "weekend thing" for WOWS...more people online than WG's crappy servers can handle. During the week I get the same stutters. During the weekEND, I get them, along with freezing and disconnects just before battle starts, as well as during the battle. If WG expects players to spend money on the game, they need to stop adding eye candy and start working on improving the stability and optimizing the maps for game play. For one thing, stop putting in 15-20 islands on every map. I notice that World of Tanks has a brand new graphics engine and it is compatible with ALL comps including the toasters they have in Russia. So it hasn't hurt play-ability at all. Why is WOWS the cheap second cousin? 

..they can`t possibly hack the U.S electoral system with "toasters"....you would be surprised how good stuff they actually got,,same goes for most of Europe and Asia,,, if anything,the good old U.S A is lacking big time on the home computers front. (not quantity ) 

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,119 battles
21 hours ago, VonSmallHausenn said:

..they can`t possibly hack the U.S electoral system with "toasters"....you would be surprised how good stuff they actually got,,same goes for most of Europe and Asia,,, if anything,the good old U.S A is lacking big time on the home computers front. (not quantity ) 

Think I find that pretty hard to believe. The government, yes. They probably have good stuff (Pentium 3?). But the average Ivan or Igor can barely afford to put food on the table, much less buy state-of-the-art comps to play games on. 

[DD579]
Beta Testers
76 posts
2,304 battles
On 3/2/2018 at 2:16 AM, TurboT said:

Dont think this is a systems issue.  In the main forum there is a long thread about this with players rolling i7 1080ti setups experiencing this.

I find it at it's utmost worst when CVs are in battle.

Yea i hadnt played in a while and it seems im getting a similar issue. used to play the game around 80fps but now its hovering around 60 with slight stuttering that makes it seem like i have Vsync on and i dont. Same with GTA5 actually. No idea what's going on.