Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Battleship_Kaga

Anyone dislike the new bow wave?

16 comments in this topic

[KNMSU]
Members
3,373 posts
4,008 battles

After giving it some thought, I like the new stern trails *okay* (not sure they're a big upgrade, though), and while I appreciate that torpedo trails are now more visible, I'm not sure destroyers are quite so happy.

But I must say - I think the new bow waves look just horribly cheap and cheesy - a pixelated, 2D, low-frame-count mess that does nothing but detract from the overall very nice job done on making the ocean look good, and the ships look better. I do hope this is merely an experiment and not a finished product, because it's silly. 

*Edit* They also still can't seem to get shell splashes right. It's well documented what these things look like:

Edited by Battlecruiser_Lutzow
  • Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles

Well IMO, I like the new stern trails, Torp trails and the Bow wake, But to each their own.:Smile_honoring:

[KNMSU]
Members
3,373 posts
4,008 battles
1 minute ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Well IMO, I like the new stern trails, Torp trails and the Bow wake, But to each their own.:Smile_honoring:

I just think it's too translucent. Bow waves are typically closer to solid white.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

It all looks good from above, but from the surface, the bow waves aren't as pretty as the stern wake, but I can understand that being difficult to make look good.

One thing I think would be neat, but won't happen, is if wakes would be there even if the source hadn't been spotted. Aha, the wakes indicate she went that way!

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
Just now, Battlecruiser_Lutzow said:

I just think it's too translucent. Bow waves are typically closer to solid white.

I am just happy that WG is trying to make it look better, they are getting closer it is starting to remind me of my time out at sea.

[PEN]
Members
69 posts
7,194 battles

I've noticed that when you aim at dds, you see less of the side of their ship due to the waves.  Makes it a bit harder IMO to aim at them.

[SYN]
Members
4,550 posts
11,437 battles

Big improvement over what we had before, that's for sure.  Looks quite nice.

All we need now is the roostertail at the back of the boat when it's going full boogie.

Edited by Kuckoo
  • Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,880 posts
5,259 battles

Honestly I didn't even notice them.  Have to go back tonight and check.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,412 posts
3,589 battles
28 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Lutzow said:

Honestly I am not really in the boat that these new GFX interfaces are nerfs per say to destroyers. It doesn't make much of a diff to me.

However I really do not like the new splashes. I find they look cheap and I am really sad they changed them. They now evaporate mid air which really sucks IMO. 

[-I-]
Members
721 posts
8,282 battles

Is it an improvement from what was there?  Absolutely.  Is it perfect?  No, few games get that detail correct.

[SYN]
Members
4,550 posts
11,437 battles
5 hours ago, Battlecruiser_Lutzow said:

*Edit* They also still can't seem to get shell splashes right. It's well documented what these things look like:

The shell splashes were changed into the insta-drops they are now, because some people complained they took too long to go away and made it too difficult to shoot at a ship obscured by them.

As for the bow and stern foam, IMO it looks far better than before, and more like what one would see on the real thing.  Just wish they were longer.

[KNMSU]
Members
3,373 posts
4,008 battles
9 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I think this is a 1/10 Troll Thread

VwaxaNs.jpg

Yes, any opinion contrary to your own must be a troll. 

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts

I like the new bow and stern wakes a lot better than the old.  I don't like the reduction in shell splash.

Members
396 posts
6,353 battles
2 hours ago, Kuckoo said:

The shell splashes were changed into the insta-drops they are now, because some people complained they took too long to go away and made it too difficult to shoot at a ship obscured by them.

As for the bow and stern foam, IMO it looks far better than before, and more like what one would see on the real thing.  Just wish they were longer.

Next there will be a call to reduce the amount of smoke French BB produce when they fire, some of them are completely obscured for s few moments after firing their 16 guns 

Edited by Visidious

Sign in to follow this