Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DarkStormy

Ship lineup display & captains

6 comments in this topic

[SBD]
[SBD]
Members
254 posts
3,467 battles

Hello All, just a couple of Noob question.

1st: Is there any way to reduce the size of the "ship lineup"? The one on the left side completely covers the chat screen.

2nd: Is it better to train a new captain with a new ship or put one from your reserves in to it? One that already has 4 or 5 points but you sold the ship he was in to get the next tier.

Thanks for any and all your help.

[O_O]
Members
4,401 posts
9,529 battles

Typically, I move a captain up from his previous ship to the next one in the tech tree.  Once I place him in the new ship and begin re-training, I move him to a premium ship and play that premium ship for a while until he is "re-trained".  Then I put him back in his new tech tree ship.  Boom, re-trained and I never played a game with reduced captain skills.

There have been a few tech tree ships I wanted to keep.  I still move the captain up.  I want my highest point captains in my highest tier ships.  I'll commission a new captain for the lower tier ship and train him from scratch.  That is just a fun boat, anyway.  I will be playing the highest tier ship a lot more as I attempt to grind up the tree.

[PVE]
Members
5,597 posts
18,189 battles

What Desmo said is the best advice. Just wanted to add if you lack premium ships, just play him with reduced skills in co-op until you get him retrained. Lack of captain skills there is less a problem than playing humans.

[SBD]
[SBD]
Members
254 posts
3,467 battles

Thank you guys, that's kinda what I was thinking but wanted to here it from player that have been here a while. I like the co-op until retrained idea.

Now as to my other question, Does anyone know how to make those lineups smaller, I would really like to have that info on screen but there huge and block out the chat.

[PVE]
Members
5,597 posts
18,189 battles

Honestly don't know Dark, there may be a way but it isn't anything I have ever seen asked before. I assume your mean your "team lineup" and it is blocking the chat window.. You can play with your graphics settings but that is annoying because you have to do that in port or at the sign in screen so you don't see what you have accomplished until you actually get into a game. It is aggravating. If you are playing the game on a small monitor or a laptop, that could be it so maybe adjusting the resolution may help. Sorry I am not much of a computer geek so don't know for sure. 

Members
522 posts
2,394 battles

My chat windows are on top of the ships ui, so if I have clan chat open, I can't select the ship behind it. You can also move the chat windows around so they cover up the middle of the screen, unless you want to stare narcissistically at your current ship. I don't know why ships would be on top of chat ui, that sounds like a glitch to me.

Sign in to follow this