Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DevilD0g

Buff the Atlanta

34 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

54
[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
166 posts
6,550 battles

Yes i think its time to buff the Atlanta and the only change i would make is to change the torps from 4k to what its real life counterpart has  which is 6k torps.  Its british counterparts are 8 K

The mark 15 torp specs

Effective firing range    6000 yards at 45 knots   (5,500 metres at 83 km/hr)

Although not the same i t hink they added 45 and 83 for the average and added that to 45 to get the current atlanta torps speed.

Given that most ships at the same tier, Myoko at

                                

Effective firing range

6,000 yards at 45 knots (5,500 meters at 83 km/h)

  • Bad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,979
[ARGSY]
Members
6,272 posts
4,224 battles

If you have to use the torpedoes in a ship like the Atlanta, IMO you're not using the ship correctly. They are your close-range desperation weapon for if something big and scary comes unexpectedly round the corner.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,243
[PVE]
Members
5,600 posts
18,201 battles

Dunno I like that idea and would add a faster rate of fire and a bit more armor...... What?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,380
[RLGN]
Members
8,245 posts
17,255 battles
14 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If you have to use the torpedoes in a ship like the Atlanta, IMO you're not using the ship correctly. They are your close-range desperation weapon for if something big and scary comes unexpectedly round the corner.

If you use the torpedoes on Atlanta, then you pay attention to the mini map and know when to conduct an ambush.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,502
[INTEL]
Members
6,659 posts
25,703 battles

Atlanta torps buff? Not really needed.

The only buff I'd like to see is improved rudder shift and turn a bit.

Edited by alexf24
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,979
[ARGSY]
Members
6,272 posts
4,224 battles
19 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

If you use the torpedoes on Atlanta, then you pay attention to the mini map and know when to conduct an ambush.

This is true; however, the Atlanta is primarily a gunship and a very good one. She is not, for example, the Emerald - whose torpedoes used in ambush almost constitute a second primary weapon system because they are so prolific and because the guns simply don't have what it takes. I almost feel more comfortable using the Nicholas as a light gun cruiser than I did the Emerald; at least she can set fire to things when they angle away! (Also see HMS Delhi.)

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
407
[WOLFB]
Members
1,723 posts
8,242 battles

When will we have a build Acceleration torps + Atlanta ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,243
[PVE]
Members
5,600 posts
18,201 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This is true; however, the Atlanta is primarily a gunship and a very good one. She is not, for example, the Emerald - whose torpedoes used in ambush almost constitute a second primary weapon system because they are so prolific and because the guns simply don't have what it takes. I almost feel more comfortable using the Nicholas as a light gun cruiser than I did the Emerald; at least she can set fire to things when they angle away! (Also see HMS Delhi.)

Getting close to an Emerald is terrifying. That mass of torpedoes reminds me of the Romulan Plasma torpedo from Star Trek.... Just a big red wad of death..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,979
[ARGSY]
Members
6,272 posts
4,224 battles
1 minute ago, Taylor3006 said:

Getting close to an Emerald is terrifying. That mass of torpedoes reminds me of the Romulan Plasma torpedo from Star Trek.... Just a big red wad of death..

Why get close when AFAIK every other cruiser in her tier (let alone VI and VII) outranges her and can burn her to death into the bargain? I have very bad memories of that ship, and only the lure of the Vampire (my first ever premium ship quest) kept me going. (And even then I must have used the Danae for at least half of that grind; thank God she was eligible).

I should go back into her and see if there's a way to make her tick, but seriously I have better things to do with my time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,243
[PVE]
Members
5,600 posts
18,201 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Why get close when AFAIK every other cruiser in her tier (let alone VI and VII) outranges her and can burn her to death into the bargain? I have very bad memories of that ship, and only the lure of the Vampire (my first ever premium ship quest) kept me going. (And even then I must have used the Danae for at least half of that grind; thank God she was eligible).

I should go back into her and see if there's a way to make her tick, but seriously I have better things to do with my time.

I play lots of PvE where the bots do suicide charges at you. If you are occupied and let an Emerald get close, you will eat torps.. I loved the Emerald and if they offer the St Patty's Day permanent camo again this year, will probably re-buy her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,979
[ARGSY]
Members
6,272 posts
4,224 battles
4 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I play lots of PvE where the bots do suicide charges at you. If you are occupied and let an Emerald get close, you will eat torps.. I loved the Emerald and if they offer the St Patty's Day permanent camo again this year, will probably re-buy her.

I took my Emerald back into PvE for a couple of trips down memory lane and did not too badly in her, but the desire to win myself some ships this year has mostly made a PvP main out of me. That being said, with a Tier III premium destroyer (Vampire) and a pair of battleships under my belt, and progression through Science of Victory coming much faster than I expected (I need to time that in order to make best use of the free week of premium), the moment may have come to back down and relax a little until I find something that's really worth the effort. Most quests and tasks (Honourable Service and Yamamoto excepted) are open to Tier V+ ships, so if I got a good crack at a British, US or French premium at this tier or better, that would be something really worth grinding for (Aigle is out; I am currently travelling and knew from the start that I was going to miss too many task modules).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,243
[PVE]
Members
5,600 posts
18,201 battles
12 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I took my Emerald back into PvE for a couple of trips down memory lane and did not too badly in her, but the desire to win myself some ships this year has mostly made a PvP main out of me. That being said, with a Tier III premium destroyer (Vampire) and a pair of battleships under my belt, and progression through Science of Victory coming much faster than I expected (I need to time that in order to make best use of the free week of premium), the moment may have come to back down and relax a little until I find something that's really worth the effort. Most quests and tasks (Honourable Service and Yamamoto excepted) are open to Tier V+ ships, so if I got a good crack at a British, US or French premium at this tier or better, that would be something really worth grinding for (Aigle is out; I am currently travelling and knew from the start that I was going to miss too many task modules).

I loved doing all the campaigns, the Science of Victory is great because you can decide when to start your premium time. It is the best way to give out a prize like that. I think in the Honorable Service you can use some tier 6's but for Yamamato I think most missions required tier 8's and some you have to use a tier 10. Course I didn't own any 10s so I did quite a bit of mission repeating. I have a lot of respect for those players who complete those two campaigns with Honors. Some of the missions require great skill and ability. Good luck doing the campaigns, like I said I finished them all and I am a potato, a persistent potato, but I suck nonetheless. If I can do it, anyone can get it done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
449
[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

Atlanta players are like: GK armor, Yamato size guns (Atlanta reload) and Fletcher torps.

Edited by LemonadeWarrior

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
243
[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
713 posts
1,775 battles

I mean... torps are the last thing I think about ising on Atlanta... and she doesnt really need a buff... but sure... lets buff them.. TBH Id much rather have another easily acquirable Atlanta-class with an Engine Boost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
696
[USCC2]
Members
3,561 posts
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

I play lots of PvE where the bots do suicide charges at you. If you are occupied and let an Emerald get close, you will eat torps.. I loved the Emerald and if they offer the St Patty's Day permanent camo again this year, will probably re-buy her.

Using your PvE tie-in with the Atlanta topic: In Random games it's ok and like certain DDs, if you know how to play her you will do well.

In CoOp she is just OP. I don't know what threat status the Atlanta has regards to the bots, but the fact most of the time (80%) I see her in the top spot says it all (IMO). Now I am sure playing her isn't as easy as I think, but for so many to do so well in her - she does seem well suited to CoOp.

Edited by _WaveRider_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,243
[PVE]
Members
5,600 posts
18,201 battles
13 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Using your PvE tie-in with the Atlanta topic: In Random games it's ok and like certain DDs, if you know how to play her you will do well.

In CoOp she is just OP. I don't know what threat status the Atlanta has regards to the bots, but the fact most of the time (80%) I see her in the top spot says it all (IMO). Now I am sure playing her isn't as easy as I think, but for so many to do so well in her - she does seem well suited to CoOp.

Her low health pool makes her a target in PvE but she is super fun to play there. She massacres destroyers, spanks cruisers, and burns battleships. She can bum rush the bot carrier and destroy everything that the CV tosses at her before sinking the flattop. The Atlanta should be illegal in PvE play, the bots may go on strike to protest her.

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,734
[INTEL]
Members
8,578 posts
25,668 battles

Buff Atlanta. No. Shes a machine of death if you are careful about keeping her alive. She is still much weaker than the other T7 cruisers,  but she can put out plenty of damage.

You should be running a 19 pt captain with BFT, IFHE, and Manual AA (and the AA upgrade module). That's a pretty good buff right there. That Atlanta is buffed to level of pure evil. You still set plenty of fires, and you spew 2-5K salvos constantly. Your airspace is a no-fly zone to boot.

I suggest, in all seriousness, that the key Atlanta skill is learning to shoot at maximum range. To do that, you need to practice. For that, do operations again and again. This will enable you to grind massive coin and elite XP, and learn how to hit ships at 13 kms. After I ground out 100 million credits in ops in February, mostly in Atlanta, I found I could reliably put shells on targets out past 13 kms at the limit of Atlanta's range, even fast moving cruisers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
255
[REVY]
Members
951 posts
7,515 battles
3 hours ago, DevilD0g said:

Yes i think its time to buff the Atlanta 

laughter.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
474
[LUCK]
Members
1,298 posts
19,555 battles

It could use an adjustment but not those. Slightly better concealment (.3 or .4km) and a little better acceleration (the ship itself not the torpedos) IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,799
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,500 battles

Naaa. If they were to buff Atlanta's torps. I say they should get Flint's.

My 2 cents. Not that I use torps much anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
243
[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,364 battles

While ships are balanced in light of Randoms as a game mode (sometimes creating problems in others, e.g., Lo Yang in Ranked), I don't think that the case is helped by just how much Atlanta cleans up in all the T7 Scenarios.  (I haven't played Hermes live yet, but judge from the PTS.)  If there was ever a ship to own just for Scenarios, even if you have no intention to play it elsewhere, it's Atlanta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
717
[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,981 posts
9,916 battles

 Bwa-ha-ha !   Yes ; yes buff my lovely ship !   :cap_haloween:   :cap_rambo: 

:Smile_honoring:     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
947
[BBICT]
Members
3,368 posts
3,561 battles

Yeah, the torps are totally for the "oh :etc_swear: " moments... IF she got any buffs, I would say it should be her concealment...getting busted out in the open in her just plain sucks... :Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×