Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

? about french BB's

5 comments in this topic

Members
233 posts
4,631 battles

I just noticed from my tech tree that I have a french Bretagne tier v. Is it worth going down the french line since I got the ship for free? I have enough free xp to get the Normandie tier vi as well. What should I do?

Supertester
418 posts
6,115 battles

Normandie is a pretty good ship. I got her today and already grinded through it and got the Lyon. Be aware that the french don't seem to enjoy having actual armor tho. But this line is definitely fun, far more fun than the British BBs; If you like BBs, the french are definitely worth grinding.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,297 posts
4,256 battles

I got both the Bretagne and the Normandie as early-bird prizes in the French missions. My inclination in XP terms is to save Free XP for something important, like a Tier VII or IX Free XP premium ship, and simply grind the Bretagne out. Normandie was a 12,000 BASE XP grind to unlock her once I'd received her in the crate. When you consider what this will get you in terms of post-bonus XP, you're not far off from grinding the Bretagne up to her anyway. Of course the issue there is that the early-bird base XP unlock could be served out across multiple ships and the tech tree grind cannot, and my experience in both ships is very limited, but Normandie's worth it because her speed and manoeuvrability are an eye-opener after the Bretagne.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,725 posts
8,256 battles

Normandie is fun and pretty good.

Lyon is basically a T7 shotgun BB with 16 shell

Richelieu seems to be a Dunkerque with T8 armor and speed boost ?

Alsace idk

Republique seems fun

Sign in to follow this