You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Your_Ship_Is_On_Fire

Alsace Secondaries are Broken/Bugged

6 comments in this topic

Members
453 posts
7,884 battles

There's something wrong with the rear portion of the Alsace secondaries on the B-hull. They wont fire until you are full on broadside. When they do not all of them will fire even when they be in their firing angle. This only happens with the upgraded B-Hull secondaries this way. I also noticed that if the secondaries fire at a ship to the aft they have no issues and even fire at a tighter angle. That seems not right.

Sorry for the audio problem. There is something wrong with my recordings.

Alpha Tester
3,442 posts
3,871 battles

Nothing mysterious going on here, it's just that the secondary turrets have differing levels of obstruction when firing forwards. The rearmost 100mm fires first because it only has to deal with the turret in front of it, followed by the most forward one with the 37mm mount, and the middle one due to the deck break right in front of it. The middle 152mm fires first because it has less obstruction in front of it- the after director is not as large in diameter or as close as the middle turret's barbette is to the after turret.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,806 posts
10,590 battles
4 hours ago, Aetreus said:

Nothing mysterious going on here, it's just that the secondary turrets have differing levels of obstruction when firing forwards. The rearmost 100mm fires first because it only has to deal with the turret in front of it, followed by the most forward one with the 37mm mount, and the middle one due to the deck break right in front of it. The middle 152mm fires first because it has less obstruction in front of it- the after director is not as large in diameter or as close as the middle turret's barbette is to the after turret.

Did you notice how 2 of the turrets at the rear didn't turn and work for the longest time even though they could have? The very most reward one was swung around to fire towards the front but the next 2 working towards the front didn't turn for the longest time to start firing and it was not an angle issue.. They stay pointed reaward and not moving like they were stuck. They finally swung around and started firing but that sure seems like a bug to me if the rear most one cans wing and shoot forward they should be able to.

I get what you are saying about obstructed angles but I think the programming is off. Those guns had a clear shot but didn't work until way after they could have. The screenshot below showing the rear gun swung forward and firing, while the enxt 2 up remain pointed to the stern, shows the angle was not obstructing them from having a firing arc.

.GLjCrlh.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[-VT-]
Members
337 posts
6,659 battles

Watching the video, the guns waited till they had the angle needed to fire.  Doesn’t seem like a bug to me.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
430 posts
1,143 battles

I'm gonna guess that somebody didn't put in the correct firing arcs that does look weird

But also dam thoes secondaries are accurate

Alpha Tester
3,442 posts
3,871 battles
5 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Did you notice how 2 of the turrets at the rear didn't turn and work for the longest time even though they could have? The very most reward one was swung around to fire towards the front but the next 2 working towards the front didn't turn for the longest time to start firing and it was not an angle issue.. They stay pointed reaward and not moving like they were stuck. They finally swung around and started firing but that sure seems like a bug to me if the rear most one cans wing and shoot forward they should be able to.

I get what you are saying about obstructed angles but I think the programming is off. Those guns had a clear shot but didn't work until way after they could have. The screenshot below showing the rear gun swung forward and firing, while the enxt 2 up remain pointed to the stern, shows the angle was not obstructing them from having a firing arc.

If you look at when those guns start firing, they only just clear the obstructions when they do. It's absolutely the correct firing arcs- otherwise those turrets would be firing way too close to the AA mount and deck for blast considerations.