WraithCAS

Update 0.7.2 Bugs, unreal.

24 comments in this topic

[ECOM]
Members
14 posts
11,362 battles

I think this is my first post on the WoWS forums after playing many years.

There have been so many bugs in 2 hours of gameplay that I had to come here to complain a bit.

- First thing; Mad FPS drops and mini lag/freezes every 1-2 seconds or so. First time I ever have trouble running this game

- Second thing; Cyclones. I had a game earlier and a cyclone came into play. Even though the max range for spotting was reduced to 8 KM, I could see and shoot ships 12 kms and 13 kms away.

- Third thing; Not really a  major issue but still annoying. Every time I press H while trying to type in game Chat, the menu showing statistics pops up.

I was complaining about those problems in chat and some idiot said if I couldn't code anything better, then not to complain. That's just the dumbest thing ever and that pissed me off so much I had to come here to vent a little. If you order a god damn Chicken breast at a restaurant and they serve you half cooked crapinstead, are you gonna refrain from complaining just because you can't cook it better yourself?

Anyway I'd like some help to fix my FPS/Mini freezes issues at the very least. My drivers are all up-to-date, I didn't change a setting since the new update.

[PVE]
Members
5,600 posts
18,189 battles

There were some FPS issues posted last week and if memory serves, the solution was to reduce your graphics settings. Since yours started with the new patch, it may not be the same thing though. When playing any of the OPs missions, I found that mine would drop off or it would freeze altogether when the enemy bot ships spawned. That was the only time I had problems like yours was playing OPs. PvP and PvE play wasn't affected at all.

BTW don't worry about venting here in the forums, it is a perfectly acceptable place to state your concerns as well as hunt for help.

Edited by Taylor3006

[ECOM]
Members
14 posts
11,362 battles

Third is a bug, it didn't do that before the patch happened. It's when typing in Chat, pressing H will show up the menu, it's like if you would try to type GGtvm and you pop a smoke when pressing T while typing.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
412 posts
689 battles

Anyone but me not getting the back to port settings and other options when they hit escape after dying? I play and am forced to log out and back to exit battle.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,444 posts
11,731 battles

I've had one game with frame drops and video lag stuttering.

I had French ship Alsace with 3 fires and my secondaries blazing away.

I was being focused with 6 ships shooting me.

Unusual for this to happen, given my set up. 

I later found out that game center was updating WOW.

No issues with H key in chat.

Several battles ending and me being sent to port without results screen.

[78TH]
Members
96 posts
4,509 battles

The H key is a bug as it has happened to me as well. and it DIDN'T happen BEFORE the patch came out. I'm also experiencing a bug with the emblems not showing up properly. When using tab ingame to look at players etc. the only emblem seen is the one we started with when they first came out. anyone else having this issue?

Members
4 posts
957 battles

I have also experience the view range problem/bug with cyclones. And also have been kicked from the game in loading screen to enter a match numerous times this patch/update, pc completely froze, and even after re logging it froze again on the most recent crash.

Members
4 posts
957 battles
Just now, Fletcher557 said:

I have also experience the view range problem/bug with cyclones. And also have been kicked from the game in loading screen to enter a match numerous times this patch/update, pc completely froze, and even after re logging it froze again on the most recent crash.

I also remember a teammate complaining at the beginning of a match that his ship was forcefully changing to AP shells even when he selected HE.

[PVE]
Members
5,600 posts
18,189 battles

Played my Bogue today, first carrier match since the patch. There have been complaints of buggy CV play and I can attest that it isn't just when you use manual attacks. Setting auto drops and auto attacks (sending fighters to attack enemy planes), it will just set a course in that direction. You have to keep trying to "attack" before it sets your auto attack. It is very annoying. 

Members
12 posts
5,162 battles
22 hours ago, WraithCAS said:

There have been so many bugs in 2 hours of gameplay that I had to come here to complain a bit.

- First thing; Mad FPS drops and mini lag/freezes every 1-2 seconds or so. First time I ever have trouble running this game

- Second thing; Cyclones. I had a game earlier and a cyclone came into play. Even though the max range for spotting was reduced to 8 KM, I could see and shoot ships 12 kms and 13 kms away.

- Third thing; Not really a  major issue but still annoying. Every time I press H while trying to type in game Chat, the menu showing statistics pops up.

I was complaining about those problems in chat and some idiot said if I couldn't code anything better, then not to complain. That's just the dumbest thing ever and that pissed me off so much I had to come here to vent a little. If you order a god damn Chicken breast at a restaurant and they serve you half cooked crapinstead, are you gonna refrain from complaining just because you can't cook it better yourself?

Anyway I'd like some help to fix my FPS/Mini freezes issues at the very least. My drivers are all up-to-date, I didn't change a setting since the new update.

Same issue with me fps goes up and down and laggy and why should I have to lower my graphics to stop it? WOW fix your buggy game or I'm out !!

[CSWLN]
Members
53 posts
9,261 battles

Yea, I also have been having the lag/freezing every few seconds, but not always.  So, the fix is to decrease my graphics settings.  Not sure how graphic intensive the game has "all of a sudden" gotten that my computer no longer can handle it.   

Beta Testers
37 posts
13,855 battles

The FPS drop is definitely a bug with this new client.  I have a 1080Ti and had no issues prior to the patch, after patch the FPS drop has been occurring regularly.  I lowered my settings to Very Low and still seeing some issues (though no where as bad) with FPS even at Very Low.  If a high end card is having issues even at Very Low, there's definitely something that was introduced in this latest patch.

shot-18.03.02_14.30.18-0133.jpg

VideoCard.JPG

• Cool 1

[78TH]
Members
96 posts
4,509 battles

I have to again agree with Tahapenes on this one. Its not that the game needs better pc's as people all OVER the place are having stuttering and fps issues etc.etc. As again i to have been having issues again today and i to have an above average gpu and i'm still having issues. I've been paying around with the setting all day again trying to figure out a way to stop the stuttering issues to no avail. Its actually getting rather obnoxious and frustrating. Hopefully WG is paying attention to these complaints as this one is a big deal. Not just someone whining about something silly 

[ECOM]
Members
14 posts
11,362 battles

WG NA doesn't really care about bugs as nothing can be done on their end since they are only providing the game and not developing it. It's useless to write in a support forum hoping to get WG's attention. My post was meant only to vent a little.

[78TH]
Members
96 posts
4,509 battles
12 minutes ago, WraithCAS said:

WG NA doesn't really care about bugs as nothing can be done on their end since they are only providing the game and not developing it. It's useless to write in a support forum hoping to get WG's attention. My post was meant only to vent a little.

Best to tried and failed then to have never tried at all!! You never know maybe we can get their attention! 

Members
7 posts
27,325 battles

3 days in a row of skipping and lag and it's not my internet, uninstall and fresh install worked for like 10 games, last game exact same thing game is unplayable.

• Cool 1

[UEFN]
Members
386 posts
11,696 battles

Same issue here, i'm running a six-cores 12 threads Core i7, 64GB of ram, and a $700 GTX 980 Ti SC, even on low setting in 1920x1080 resolution, the lags got progressively worst, very choppy frame rate especially zooming in or out after a few battles, that's without any CV or Planes!  I monitored my graphic card temperature and load before/during/after the game, and it wasn't even being taxed! The only remedy is to close out the game and reopen it again, looks like a massive memory leak issues with the latest patch.

[AOI]
Members
108 posts
9,180 battles
On 3/1/2018 at 1:30 AM, WraithCAS said:

I have had severe frame rate drops since the most recent update and it is due to a bug or bad optimization in the update or game itself and for most has nothing to do with settings or hardware.I ran several checks of CPU,GPU,bus usage and memory usage during game play today 3/6/18 and my CPU and GPU never went over 50% usage my temps was great also. Memory and bus usage was fine also..I checked everything I could for my PC at random times during severe frame rate drops and high frame rates the results was no stress on my hardware that would cause such frame rate drops..While a change to reduce video settings in game may help it does not solve the real issue..I also posted a complaint on the forums..

timinindiana =V=

Edited by timinindiana
added content

[GOOF]
[GOOF]
Members
15 posts
4,019 battles

the FPS drops are insane. it seems the longer I have the game open the worse it gets. I restart and its fine for a handful of matches. there was a patch this morning but nothing helped. 

[AOI]
Members
108 posts
9,180 battles
7 minutes ago, Nightshade1991 said:

the FPS drops are insane. it seems the longer I have the game open the worse it gets. I restart and its fine for a handful of matches. there was a patch this morning but nothing helped. 

Mine started after the most recent patch and at times my game is unplayable during battles today..Hope they fix it soon...

[ONAVY]
Members
772 posts
6,284 battles
On 2/28/2018 at 11:30 PM, WraithCAS said:

, I didn't change a setting since the new update.

This is the key here...neither did I...the problems began with the update....Roll that shite back WOW.

Beta Testers
6 posts
4,532 battles

I have severe frame drops when using vsync. Frames drop to 49 stay there solid. My Monitor is 60hz and i play on gtx 1070. When i turn vsync off it's back to 90-100 fps. And also it started after last patch.