You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

When your team can't hit a barn door

22 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
6,362 posts
8,983 battles

I was just in a game where I had five ships less than 10 km away supposedly backing me up as I entered a cap. Another DD appeared. No problem, right, six ships focus-firing and it's toast. I started shooting and pressed F5 and F3. I kept shooting, and kept shooting. Not a single ship on my team ever fired a shot. Finally, the DD, a gunboat DD that could outfire me, sank my ship and then smoked. My five "allies" seeing the smoke, turned and ran away from the cap. I left the game just now to write this. The score is 650 to 50 their favor. They have lost two ships to our eight. Sometimes you get all the bad players on one team. Game is over now, the low score on their team is higher than the high score on our team. Next game they can cap their own cap, I'm swinging wide and going lone BB hunting.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 3
  • Angry 1

[AK-47]
Members
155 posts
3,106 battles

Sounds like the game I just had before I logged off because of it. Had my whole team go pt a and they still couldn't push into a while the other team got all pts... 3 dds didn't even go into the pt and I ended up saying f it and thought hey if I showed balls maybe they would grow some... Nope I got smoked and they litterly all died in a ball less than 8km away from each other... they only lost one and that was due to me getting off desperation torps before I sunk. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,240 posts
14,670 battles
23 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I was just in a game where I had five ships less than 10 km away supposedly backing me up as I entered a cap. Another DD appeared. No problem, right, six ships focus-firing and it's toast. I started shooting and pressed F5 and F3. I kept shooting, and kept shooting. Not a single ship on my team ever fired a shot. Finally, the DD, a gunboat DD that could outfire me, sank my ship and then smoked. My five "allies" seeing the smoke, turned and ran away from the cap. I left the game just now to write this. The score is 650 to 50 their favor. They have lost two ships to our eight. Sometimes you get all the bad players on one team. Game is over now, the low score on their team is higher than the high score on our team. Next game they can cap their own cap, I'm swinging wide and going lone BB hunting.

Potatoes are real man.

Sometimes you get very mediocre teams where they can't hit the barn door. 

Sometimes you get the teams that can't hit the broadside of the barn with a shotgun if they were standing next to it.

Sometimes you get the teams so bad that the barn door hits them in the face and they're not sure what to do afterwards.

• Funny 1

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,243 posts

That'd be me in a Rich.  I can't hit doodly squat in it most matches.  Oddly I can hit things with the huge arcs of the Agi... Sadly I can't blame the French 

[RLGN]
Members
8,309 posts
17,372 battles

People whine, and cry, say get gud, and sneer about 'the only common factor in those games...'

...I've tried to lead by example before; move up and do something and maybe inspire someone else...

...never seems to do any good; all it gets me is sunk, and I've stopped caring enough to try any more.

33 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Next game they can cap their own cap, I'm swinging wide and going lone BB hunting.

That may not work either...

Slipped though in the West on hotspot once in my Mutsuki; got beyond the north line of islands, and had most of the enemy team spotted for the whole game.

Tried to set up attacks, but Red kept turning away. Continued spotting the Reds, and we won; but I was a 'useless DD that never attacked anything...'

Seems like some people are only satisfied if the destroyers all go yolo cap and die. Maybe they expect a Mutsuki to stand up to a Farragut, or an Omaha, or a Gaede...

Well; maybe they need to learn to shoot at and hit destroyers; and stop thinking DDs aren't their problem.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

I have games like that. 90 shots fired, 12 hits.  Not so frequently anymore, but enough.

[PSP]
Members
6,362 posts
8,983 battles

Was just in another interesting game. We had them up by 300 points and three ships. I got busy lining up a torp run on a BB. Unfortunately, a DD came around the corner and I was spotted. NP, I got in some good hits and the team is ahead. I look up to see what's what. Literally all my team had vanished in a minute! There were only two DDs left! One was great, he sank four ships and came close to winning the match. The other only had to sink one ship and we would have won. Out of three torp runs on BBs less than 7 km away he never even came close with a torpedo. I don't even know what he was doing as his torps were miles away. It wasn't like the ships were dodging either. It was like he had no idea what the guide assist was, nor any idea of how to judge a ship's heading and speed. This guy was in a tier X DD too.

[AK-47]
Members
155 posts
3,106 battles
1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

Was just in another interesting game. We had them up by 300 points and three ships. I got busy lining up a torp run on a BB. Unfortunately, a DD came around the corner and I was spotted. NP, I got in some good hits and the team is ahead. I look up to see what's what. Literally all my team had vanished in a minute! There were only two DDs left! One was great, he sank four ships and came close to winning the match. The other only had to sink one ship and we would have won. Out of three torp runs on BBs less than 7 km away he never even came close with a torpedo. I don't even know what he was doing as his torps were miles away. It wasn't like the ships were dodging either. It was like he had no idea what the guide assist was, nor any idea of how to judge a ship's heading and speed. This guy was in a tier X DD too.

The last dd could've been the actual players kid cause I once had to open the door for someone and came back to computer and my 6yr old daughter go the controls and sailed me I between the enemy with no way to go... 

• Funny 2

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,809 posts
15,355 battles
56 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

and it's not even the weekend yet; time for you to division bro!

Members
3,828 posts
14,189 battles
2 minutes ago, Umikami said:

and it's not even the weekend yet; time for you to division bro!

And just think... Spring Break is not too far off.  :cap_haloween::cap_fainting:

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,809 posts
15,355 battles
3 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

And just think... Spring Break is not too far off.  :cap_haloween::cap_fainting:

Lots and lots of divisions!

• Funny 1

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

Who cares? I'm sure you were that "bad player" many times. Let it go.

[TBW]
Members
6,423 posts
12,071 battles

Couldn't hit a Barn, from the inside.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[ARGSY]
Members
6,459 posts
4,321 battles
3 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I have had entire days of play like that. Painful when you are trying to grind out base XP for an unlock or post-bonus XP for an uptier and you find it almost impossible to score wins. Worse when you are playing with a dwindling number of hours of precious 24-hr free premium account time.

I know I am no unicum and never will be. There are days I'm a bit of a potato myself. So when a seal-potato like me is the last left alive in multiple games, best on team in multiple games (almost NEVER happens), etc. etc. etc, I have to conclude that my allies that day were actually the problem. The ones who vanish behind islands or run behind your smoke the moment you smoke up, so that all your spotted targets suddenly vanish, are the most infuriating. Broadside enemy cruisers at close range are a smoked-up Fiji captain's wet dream; to have them suddenly go away when potential multi-citadel salvoes and consequent insta-deletions are in your grasp is the most frustrating experience imaginable.

[R-F1]
Beta Testers
1,874 posts
6,902 battles
2 hours ago, Paintpro_1 said:

The last dd could've been the actual players kid cause I once had to open the door for someone and came back to computer and my 6yr old daughter go the controls and sailed me I between the enemy with no way to go... 

I can usually tell when someone's kid takes over the controls because all of a sudden after spending half the match hiding in back they suddenly start pushing and actually doing damage.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,459 posts
4,321 battles
2 hours ago, Paintpro_1 said:

I'm not so worried about my kids YOLOing my ship into the enemy; I'm more worried about them TK-ing and getting me penalised. Now that the training rooms aren't what they used to be, I've had to keep them away from the game (and more often than not the training-room servers are overloaded anyway).

Sad, really; my eight-year-old especially was really beginning to enjoy it. I would almost let him play an operation, which would solve the TK issue, but then it wouldn't be fair on those players who were trying to five-star it.

[REVY]
Members
954 posts
7,537 battles
4 hours ago, Paintpro_1 said:

.... and they literally all died in a ball less than 8km away from each other... 

Yeah, I've seen this phenomenon before. A large portion of the team groups up together in a big green ball, usually just outside of a cap circle. On your mini map, you literally see a blob of green, circular in nature.

I have dubbed this the 'Loser Ball', because usually when you see this, your team is potatoing hard and a lose is coming up. 

Members
14 posts
11,459 battles

I don't know if this has anything to do with the new update or not.  However, after the update it seems like I'm not hitting as well as I normally do and I know for a fact that the damage I'm doing is less with my Phoenix, Omaha, and Konigsberg. 

As far as some of you being frustrated with other's that don't hit well.  You might take a long view that they certainly won't get any better if they don't play.  All of us have off days and an elderly guy such as myself who has; arthritic hands, big fingers punching a tiny keyboard, slowing reflexes and diminished ability to make good decisions under fire are never going to be on the a team. Point being, I don't think that everyone realizes the challenges in playing well and think a lot of players get ships that are way beyond their skill level.  I came to this painful conclusion when I acquired the Des Moines only to finally realize I am totally outclassed at Tiers 9 and 10 and mediocre at best as an 8.  

Let's face it, gunnery is both an art and an acquired skill.  If you're good at it, just be grateful.

[CAST]
Members
1,218 posts
7,414 battles

Its often not about the team not hitting the DD you spotted, but rather that they don't try to hit it.  Too many players are zoomed in and don't see half the stuff they need to see.  I have seen ships so zoomed in that they were firing at a bow-on ship 15km way, and there was a broadside ship just 6km directly in front of them that they had to fire over.

It never ceases to amaze me at the inability to focus fire ships in the cap.  I was in a game just a couple of days ago, where we had 4 DDs and 2 cruisers congregated at the edge of the B cap, and the enemy had A cap.  I knew there wasn't many enemy ships there at A, because they were mostly accounted for, so I headed over.  I encountered a Kagero in my Z46.  He was getting kicked by my guns so he smoked up.  I continued forward until I was within hydro range and lit him up, forcing him out towards the A cap.  Not one of my friendly ships fired a shot when I lit up the enemy DD.  To make things worst, there was another DD close, but not in the A cap.  He swung in behind me and attacked me from the B cap.  He was within 6km of the other 3 DDs and 2 Cruisers on my team when he chased after me.  I killed the Kagero, but the combined damage being dealt by the Kagero and the enemy T9 was too much and he ended up taking me out.  Not one shot was delivered by our team on the enemy ship that was sitting right beside them.  Had I known I could have gotten shot from that position, I certainly would have done it differently, but I never thought I would get shot from a position with a heavy friendly occupation.  That same DD became the deciding factor in the victory for the enemy.  He single handedly controlled the A cap and pushed all our ships out of the B cap and capped it too, because they were too afraid to engage.

[DFNT]
Members
73 posts
2,432 battles

That'd be me. Last night most salvos were like sneezing. The things went in the general direction I was aimed, but really all over the place.   

[SWOB]
Members
2,707 posts
15,792 battles
12 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

. I started shooting and pressed F5 and F3.

Wait, wait, wait....hold on minute...

Are you saying you pressed F5 and F3, but your randomly selected teammates weren't prepared (or willing or aware enough) to immediately follow your automated chat commands??

I find this very hard to believe.

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles
13 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

trust-nobody-not-even-your-entire-team_o_4362533.jpg