Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Diddly_Derperiono

Can We still get missions from french crates?

17 comments in this topic

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,157 posts
10,159 battles

Yes. Two people got the Bretgagne mission in divs with me today.  

• Cool 2

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,984 posts
9,947 battles

Yes you can . I had only Bretagne before the patch and finished a French progression part , got three containers and one of them gave me the Normandie mission . I am almost done with it already ; lol .

:Smile_honoring:    

[ARGSY]
Members
6,468 posts
4,321 battles
5 hours ago, Diddly_Derperiono said:

Thanks mates will make my wallet cry in hope

Just don't go overboard. There's a cutoff point beyond which it would have been better to buy the doubloons necessary for Free XP conversion to level up (now that they are tech-tree) rather than throw money at crates, and some people spent insane amounts of money going way beyond that in the vain hope of getting the Richelieu.

You have to decide for yourself (very carefully and rationally) what your limits are, and whether the other things in the crates make paying for them worthwhile if the Richelieu does not turn up.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,742 posts
8,337 battles
6 hours ago, Diddly_Derperiono said:

Thanks mates will make my wallet cry in hope

I would not recommend spending money on these crate. At best you will get Richelieu but don't forget they are all in the tech tree now, all you need to do is spend some time grinding them. If you can't right now it's fine, they won't disappear. 

Many people spent their money on these crate and many were disappointed...on the other hands, some people didn't spent a single dollar and got Bretagne and Normandie.  IMO unless you get Normandie (or Lyon or Richelieu ) these crate have  "no value" . Bretagne isn't IMO a special ship.

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles

The drop rate for the Richelieu seems rather low. If you have one of the others, use the French Gold Campaign to grind up. The Stage rewards include French Crates. There were 5 crates for finishing the first Stage.

[PHU]
Beta Testers
207 posts
3,607 battles

The Lyon mission dropped for me with the last seven crates of the mission last night, and seeing as the deadline for that mission is sometime next month...  The only money I spent was $37 for the big Aigle bundle, which gave me plenty of extra crates, a 10 point captain, and ensured I'd get both the special captain and Aigle.  Getting all of the ship missions except Richelieu was more than enough for me.

That being said, don't buy any crates if you're thinking about it.  You're better off burning free XP or converting just because of the crazy low drop rate for that ship.  Me, I'm going to use the grind for it to get my new captains to at least 14 points.  Richelieu looks nice, but I want that tier 9.

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,020 posts
9,113 battles

My advice, I wouldn’t spend money for silver ships. Especially when you can get them from free crates.

Edited by SavageTactical

[NG-NL]
Members
18 posts
10,292 battles

Sadly it seems you can get missions for ships you already have, got the Lyon when I already had it, sure the money it gave for the duplicate when I completed it was nice but that just means the if you only have 1 to go there is still only a 1/4 chance that a mission you get will be for the last ship you need :(

[ARGSY]
Members
6,468 posts
4,321 battles
20 hours ago, Wardog_Noir said:

the crazy low drop rate for that ship.  Me, I'm going to use the grind for it to get my new captains to at least 14 points. 

We are talking about the tech tree grind through the Lyon to get the Richelieu, yes? Seems common sense is not yet dead.

How do you propose to do this to benefit multiple captains? You would have to put them all one by one in the Lyon, and every single one of them would need an unproductive penalty grind for retraining unless you intend to pay the Doubloon cost to circumvent that.

[WOLF9]
[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
211 posts
9,991 battles

I believe Hermes Operation gives crates for the first 2 star rewards.   And I happened to receive a ship mission from it.

Had no plans to play French BB,  but now I'll slowly make my way through a few tiers.  Only have the Fiji that is usable for the Operation.  Would be nice to have another ship for any future Allied missions.

[PHU]
Beta Testers
207 posts
3,607 battles
8 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

We are talking about the tech tree grind through the Lyon to get the Richelieu, yes? Seems common sense is not yet dead.

How do you propose to do this to benefit multiple captains? You would have to put them all one by one in the Lyon, and every single one of them would need an unproductive penalty grind for retraining unless you intend to pay the Doubloon cost to circumvent that.

Grinding through Lyon to earn Richelieu?  Yeah, that's the plan.

As far as training up two captains to 14 points?  Easy, I'll stick one of my ten pointers in Lyon once I earn it and the other is currently in Normandie.  Between those two ships, Dunkek, and flags...  14 points won't be too hard to get to for me.  The retraining cost isn't too bad either if you've got enough silver and elite XP.  Do the halfway retrain for silver and finish up with elite.  That or I could use the 1000 gold that dropped in a super container the other week and be done instantly.

Then again, I could always make it easier and take the 12 pointer out of Aigle and throw him into a BB.  There's always options.

Sign in to follow this