You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_ENO_

French captain retraining...

8 comments in this topic

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

Did I miss something? I go look through my compliment of French ships and suddenly my Lyon captain needs retraining? And even though he's only EVER been assigned to Lyon now suddenly he specializes in Boogerville. 

shot-18.02.28_21.29.37-0110.jpg

Edited by Gascan75

[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
714 posts
1,782 battles

He was never trained for Lyon. Before 0.7.2 the tier 5-8 french BBs that we could earn were treated as premiums. Meanign they could take any french Captain. Now that the line has been released they are normal ships, and need their captains retrained for them. UI used Honore as well, and had to retrain him for Richelieu.

Members
9,975 posts
10 minutes ago, Gascan75 said:

Did I miss something? I go look through my compliment of French ships and suddenly my Lyon captain needs retraining? And even though he's only EVER been assigned to Lyon now suddenly he specializes in Boogerville. 

shot-18.02.28_21.29.37-0110.jpg

This event was pretty clearly documented, including the change in the premium status of the ship......

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
9 minutes ago, Avalon304 said:

He was never trained for Lyon. Before 0.7.2 the tier 5-8 french BBs that we could earn were treated as premiums. Meanign they could take any french Captain. Now that the line has been released they are normal ships, and need their captains retrained for them. UI used Honore as well, and had to retrain him for Richelieu.

Ah. Must have missed that memo. (edit: clearly judging by a couple of posts since I definitely missed the memo. Still [edited] [edited] though.)

So we get rewarded a series of ships and a captain- assign the reward captain to the reward ship and the reward for that is spending money to retrain the reward captain to the reward ship. Uh. 

Got to say, that's [edited] [edited]. No wonder 1% of people stick it out past tier V.

2 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I wonder why nobody ever reads the WG news in detail

Probably because it's so full of [edited] most of the time. They squeeze relevance in about 1 in 10 releases. 

Sorry I don't reddit and facefuck every day to stay tuned with the 1% of relevance. 

Edited by Gascan75
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
714 posts
1,782 battles
10 minutes ago, Gascan75 said:

Ah. Must have missed that memo. (edit: clearly judging by a couple of posts since I definitely missed the memo. Still [edited] [edited] though.)

So we get rewarded a series of ships and a captain- assign the reward captain to the reward ship and the reward for that is spending money to retrain the reward captain to the reward ship. Uh. 

Got to say, that's [edited] [edited]. No wonder 1% of people stick it out past tier V.

Probably because it's so full of [edited] most of the time. They squeeze relevance in about 1 in 10 releases. 

Sorry I don't reddit and facefuck every day to stay tuned with the 1% of relevance. 

All you had to do was read the news here on the official WG website. This is copied directly from the 'Vive La France Part 1' article on the main page:

Battleships earned through the above missions come with their basic configurations, a Port Slot, a three-point Commander and fully researched/purchased modules. However, you won't be able to advance up the line until Update 0.7.2. In the meantime, you'll be able to transfer French Commanders to these ships without retraining. You'll also get a Commander Reserve Slot if your Reserve is already full. 

It clearly says you can put commanders in without retraining them. Be less edgy with the "face[edited]" and stuff. This is solely on you not reading the news and then getting mad about it after the fact. I didnt have to pay any money to retrain Honore fro Richelieu. I paid 200,000 credits (which I earned back in no time) and play the new op once and was over 3/s the way to finishing retraining. Then I used some free XP (about 3k which I had earned on that op) to finish it. (And even if I hadnt earned it n the op, the new op gives 300 gold for 5 stars which is enough for 7.5k free xp to convert). Had a 10 point unique commander trained for Richelieu and didnt spend a single cent.

And the news is far more relevant than 1%.

[LOU1]
Members
3,047 posts
8,134 battles

Also, assigning a Commander is different than retraining them.  The ships just reverted to what we normally have to do: recruit a new commander or retrain an existing Commander.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,249 battles
1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I wonder why nobody ever reads the WG news in detail

Because reading was OP; and subsequently, got nerfed.

• Funny 1