Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Urandas

7.2 wake and water effects

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

36
[CONDI]
Members
158 posts
4,756 battles

I don't like the new wake effects. they cut out way to sudden and the water moves way too fast at lower speeds. I'd much rather have the old wake effects. Shells look a lot less powerful when they impact the water. Splashes are smaller and die quicker. These effects feel like a downgrade from what we had.

What do others think about them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,378
[RLGN]
Members
8,243 posts
17,255 battles

Old wake effects?

Every game I’ve played until this update had ZERO wake effects...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
725
[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
50 minutes ago, Urandas said:

I don't like the new wake effects. they cut out way to sudden and the water moves way too fast at lower speeds. I'd much rather have the old wake effects. Shells look a lot less powerful when they impact the water. Splashes are smaller and die quicker. These effects feel like a downgrade from what we had.

What do others think about them?

I think if I dumped a truck full of money on 10 people's driveways 5 would be pissed off that their driveway was blocked, 3 would ask for the truck and 1 would be too stupid to notice.

  • Funny 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
401
[XBRTC]
Members
1,406 posts
7,417 battles
3 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Old wake effects?

Every game I’ve played until this update had ZERO wake effects...

 

You must not have had all the settings cranked to max. There was definitely a wake at least in the last update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,497
Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
1 hour ago, Gascan75 said:

I think if I dumped a truck full of money on 10 people's driveways 5 would be pissed off that their driveway was blocked, 3 would ask for the truck and 1 would be too stupid to notice.

 

And I'd grab a handful of it, go down to the local Home Depot and hire a couple of the yard workers to haul the money off to a bank. :Smile_trollface:

 

It's great when problems solve themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
185
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,772 battles
9 minutes ago, Grizley said:

 

And I'd grab a handful of it, go down to the local Home Depot and hire a couple of the yard workers to haul the money off to a bank. :Smile_trollface:

 

It's great when problems solve themselves.

In the meantime, all you're neighbours have helped themselves, and left $1.50 in your driveway.    :Smile_great:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,509
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,094 posts
12,650 battles

Are we talking about shell splash or ship wakes?

I like the new wakes, and wish they'd show up on ships in the binocular view instead of just mine. Torpedo wakes are especially awesome.

Splashes, they do look less powerful now, but it's a worthwhile exchange for the gameplay value of not having a target constantly obscured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
180
[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,236 posts

The wake effects need to vary based on prop depth and bottom depth.  Right now most ships froth like paddle wheelers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,497
Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
16 minutes ago, Crusin_Custard said:

In the meantime, all you're neighbours have helped themselves, and left $1.50 in your driveway.    :Smile_great:

You live in the wrong neighborhood my friend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,547
[PSP]
Members
6,241 posts
8,880 battles
2 hours ago, Gascan75 said:

I think if I dumped a truck full of money on 10 people's driveways 5 would be pissed off that their driveway was blocked, 3 would ask for the truck and 1 would be too stupid to notice.

tenor.gif

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,043
Members
3,775 posts
14,010 battles

I like the new wake effects. Especially the bow wave which makes it easier at long ranges to tell if a ship is moving directly toward you or away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
599
[ARRGG]
Members
4,731 posts
7,569 battles

I dint know they did that but today I could see with my spotter plane a dead on BB at 21k and  couldn't see his smoke but his bow wake  said he was going dead ahead slow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
816
[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,741 posts
3,228 battles

New Wakes look good. Considering we haven't had wakes since we've been asking for them since the Closed Beta Test lol

~Hunter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×