Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bill_Halsey

First PvP game with the Richelieu

9 comments in this topic

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
15,034 battles

shot-18_02.28_21_55.44-0225.thumb.jpg.7553a1f5075b9b1ca2afb4d0c40e0577.jpg

shot-18_02.28_21_56.01-0817.thumb.jpg.125c927caab06e7b00f0ea618383cf96.jpg

I've gotten krakens before, but not 6 ships. And definitely not one the first game. I asked a certain mouse for advice on the set up. What i did not do was bow tank, but played her like a cruiser and kept the distance at 10-15 km and shot any ship showing a broadside. Ran like a little girl when I got focused fired on. Definitely a gudbote when played right.

• Cool 2

[RKLES]
Members
7,229 posts
9,013 battles

Lol bow tanking is also viable as well held 6-8 tier 8-10 BBs at bay for entire battle on Okinawa map I think it was? My impressions of the ship was it may lack  in accuracy and AP pen at times, but man is the bow tanking tough.

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
15,034 battles

True. but then you have the issue of 1) Flanked then citadeled. 2) Flanked with air/ship torps launched at you. That's what happened in my game. 3 BB's bow tanked and got torped by 2 different dd's.

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles

I'm bout to do my first match with her soon, got to finish some HW I've been delaying first though. This has been very encouraging. Haven't heard the best news so far on this line so I'm happy Richelieu is living up to people's hopes! My impression of Lyon was that her massive battery is to compensate(and fails to compensate in my very short experience) for lack of accuracy and I hope here the ship is more accurate, so I hope Richelieu is a big improvement there with the less guns, cause Normandie had less guns and her battery seemed a great deal more accurate. 

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
15,034 battles
12 hours ago, Aristotle83 said:

so I hope Richelieu is a big improvement there with the less guns, cause Normandie had less guns and her battery seemed a great deal more accurate. 

Sorry to disappoint, but with a stock dispersion of 327m and a sigma of 1.8, long range gunnery is going to be frustrating.

[BBICT]
Members
3,375 posts
3,573 battles

Sigh...nice game! I just can't get her to work that good...Need to kite more I think..

Sign in to follow this