Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Burnsy

The French Campaign

5 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
59 posts

Earn any 1500 ribbons and any 1800 ribbons with the French ship.  This is going to take a while for me it seems....  Any advice on making this easier or faster?

[PVE]
Members
5,660 posts
18,248 battles
12 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Earn any 1500 ribbons and any 1800 ribbons with the French ship.  This is going to take a while for me it seems....  Any advice on making this easier or faster?

If you can do them in co-op, that may help out quite a bit. You can survive much longer in PvE than PvP for the most part. Ships with lots of secondary guns like Bismarck or Tirpitz are great for getting lots of secondary hits on ships if you get fairly close. PewPewPew ships like Kutuzov and Atlanta work really well for getting gun hits for big numbers. Remember each gun hit is a ribbon even if it bounces or shatters. Needed a bunch of ribbons or gun hits for a mission not too long ago. Took out my Fiji, hid in smoke and blasted away at enemy battleships. They tend to leave you alone if you are not causing them too much damage so was able to get the mission done quickly even though my score would show something like 179 gun hits and a pathetic 20k in damage. 

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
59 posts
11 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

If you can do them in co-op, that may help out quite a bit. You can survive much longer in PvE than PvP for the most part. Ships with lots of secondary guns like Bismarck or Tirpitz are great for getting lots of secondary hits on ships if you get fairly close. PewPewPew ships like Kutuzov and Atlanta work really well for getting gun hits for big numbers. Remember each gun hit is a ribbon even if it bounces or shatters. Needed a bunch of ribbons or gun hits for a mission not too long ago. Took out my Fiji, hid in smoke and blasted away at enemy battleships. They tend to leave you alone if you are not causing them too much damage so was able to get the mission done quickly even though my score would show something like 179 gun hits and a pathetic 20k in damage. 

PVE is a good idea, I had not thought of that, thanks.  The 1500 ribbon gives 2 stars instead of 1 but it has to be a French ship tier V or higher though.  Debating ignoring it completely and using a British cruiser or sticking it out with French and working both at the same time.

Edit: The 1800 any ship tree has to be in random. So no go there. The only way to work both at once is French Tier V or higher in random :(

[-Z-]
Alpha Tester
85 posts
1,415 battles

Woof I hadnt looked at the 2nd and 3rd steps of the campaign yet. 3rd task is free to finish cause its 60k exp after modifiers but getting 3600 ribbons (with 3000 being on french ships, which for me will be the BBs) is gonna take quite a few games since most will be MBH probably.

Sign in to follow this