Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11B4O

Akizuki or Conq?

8 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,822 battles

What do you prefer for farming whitherer flags? The Akizuki or the Conq? I just started playing the Akizuki but am farming whitherer flags at a pretty high rate. The low power of the guns seems that your always doing damage just not enough to kill stuff outright letting it burn longer than the 10-17K volley +3 fires in Conq. I'm running a gunboat build for obvious reasons in Akizuki. Maybe its just me getting lucky?

[RLGN]
Members
8,297 posts
17,360 battles

Most of my better work in Akizuki was before OWSF ended, chewing things up with AP.

Lately though, I have been using HE more; but RNG for fires seems to hate my guts, so I don’t worry about fires too much.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,822 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Most of my better work in Akizuki was before OWSF ended, chewing things up with AP.

Lately though, I have been using HE more; but RNG for fires seems to hate my guts, so I don’t worry about fires too much.

Last battle I only set 8 out of 612 hits I feel your RNG pain. It's hilarious catching BB's parked.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,209 posts
14,630 battles

That's the thing with fire.  Some games you're setting 10+.  Some games, even with a fire starting ship, you're setting maybe 1-2 fires the whole game.

I've had games with Henri IV, setting some poor Bismarck player afire at range, to a point where he asked in match chat what was the fire % of my ship.

"26%"

"JESUS!"

I've had games where Henri IV, despite that 26% fire chance, set only 2 fires.

[KNMSU]
Members
3,373 posts
4,008 battles

Akizuki is an IFHE platform... so while you will set a lot of fires, I don't know that it's really a "pure" firebug in quite the same was as some other ships (Belfast or Atlanta or whatever - not that they don't use IFHE, too, but still). 

[WOLFB]
Members
1,742 posts
8,331 battles

To farm Witherer, I would recommend Conqueror. Akizuki is a decent fire starter when RNG is with you but you shouldn't only rely on HE in this ship. Mega Zao can just start fire every salvo as long as your aim isn't bad 

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

Best I've ever done is 24 fires in a single match, with a conq, but I prefer to play the akazuki.

Edited by CriMiNaL__

[O_O]
Members
4,432 posts
9,616 battles

I don't have Conquerer, so my fire-breathing ships are Cleveland, Kutuzov, Zao and 155mm Mogami.

Sign in to follow this