You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TurboT

My EMBLEM is not being displayed!!

22 comments in this topic

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,660 posts
10,313 battles

So..

I have selected my Battleship Elite Emblem to be displayed instead of the 'patches'   As of yesterday I was happily flashing the bad boy in people's faces when they died and when you hovered over my name.

Today, it shows as selected in the port, it shows it beside my name in the patch/emblem screen.  When I leave the emblem select screen and hover over my name in the clan chat, it shows the boring anchor patch.  It does this in game too.

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING? 

**EDIT**

I believe I fixed it by selecting the lower level emblem (Battleship 1 eww) and exciting emblem screen, then reopening emblem screen and picking flashy emblem back again.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[WOLF9]
Members
1,104 posts
19 minutes ago, TurboT said:

So..

I have selected my Battleship Elite Emblem to be displayed instead of the 'patches'   As of yesterday I was happily flashing the bad boy in people's faces when they died and when you hovered over my name.

Today, it shows as selected in the port, it shows it beside my name in the patch/emblem screen.  When I leave the emblem select screen and hover over my name in the clan chat, it shows the boring anchor patch.  It does this in game too.

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING? 

**EDIT**

I believe I fixed it by selecting the lower level emblem (Battleship 1 eww) and exciting emblem screen, then reopening emblem screen and picking flashy emblem back again.

And you wonder, WG, why we asked for a way to turn off the obnoxiousness.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
5,617 posts
18,201 battles
8 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

And you wonder, WG, why we asked for a way to turn off the obnoxiousness.

LOL. I got kind of excited thinking that there may be a bug I could actually enjoy!

Members
1,301 posts
21,065 battles
30 minutes ago, TurboT said:

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?

Us potatoes are fighting back with invisible emblem screening, that way we feel better about ourselves because we all display the same level of (in)competence.  Except on the game grid.

[SYN]
Members
4,546 posts
11,437 battles
47 minutes ago, TurboT said:

So..

WG, many of us are just not into this.  Frankly, we don't care about someone else's badge when we get sunk, or if someone sees ours when we sink them.  It's not that anyone is offended by it, but it's presentation is childishly silly and trivial.  It became very annoying and repetitive, and not in a fun way.

I've said it before:  the first time I've ever downloaded and installed Aslain's mod pack was just to turn off the stupid "dogtags" as they're called.  I'm thankful that option is available but really a user shouldn't have to download mods just to turn off an annoying feature, considering the wealth of UI options that are already available in the game.

Edited by Kuckoo
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,660 posts
10,313 battles

Please don't pirate my thread with your childish concern over seeing others accomplishments in battle.  Some of us actually LIKE the emblems.   I think it's fun. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

Mine shows the basic emblem even though when I go in to modify it my expected emblem / badge is displayed. 

shot-18.02.28_21.18.50-0500.jpg

shot-18.02.28_21.18.54-0127.jpg

Edited by Gascan75

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
3 minutes ago, TurboT said:

Please don't pirate my thread with your childish concern over seeing others accomplishments in battle.  Some of us actually LIKE the emblems.   I think it's fun. 

To each his own. 

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,660 posts
10,313 battles
14 minutes ago, Gascan75 said:

Mine shows the basic emblem even though when I go in to modify it my expected emblem / badge is displayed. 

shot-18.02.28_21.18.50-0500.jpg

shot-18.02.28_21.18.54-0127.jpg

Try to change it to something else and then change it back again.

• Cool 1

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
1 minute ago, TurboT said:

Try to change it to something else and then change it back again.

That actually worked- thanks +1

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
1 hour ago, TurboT said:

If you had any accomplishments your clan name wouldn't be grey.  Just saying.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,660 posts
10,313 battles
2 hours ago, Grizley said:

If you had any accomplishments your clan name wouldn't be grey.  Just saying.

Hi,

Thanks for your very important feedback in the thread.  This thread was all about clans and clan accomplishments as you clearly pointed out.

Really appreciate you stopping by.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
9 hours ago, TurboT said:

Hi,

Thanks for your very important feedback in the thread.  This thread was all about clans and clan accomplishments as you clearly pointed out.

Really appreciate you stopping by.

I'm sorry, did I mess up your combined cry and attempt to brag?  At least you got the crying right.

• Bad 1

Members
1,076 posts
5,972 battles
16 hours ago, TurboT said:

Actually, the people "pirating" your thread are displaying their superior achievement in writing skill, and superiority in thinking, to yours. Kind of in your face.....HEY!!!! Like the emblems!!!! And you didn't ask for it....HEY!!!! ALSO like the emblems!!!!

Some of us actually LIKE thinking and writing better. We think it's fun.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea
  • Cool 2

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,660 posts
10,313 battles
4 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Actually, the people "pirating" your thread are displaying their superior achievement in writing skill, and superiority in thinking, to yours. Kind of in your face.....HEY!!!! Like the emblems!!!! And you didn't ask for it....HEY!!!! ALSO like the emblems!!!!

Some of us actually LIKE thinking and writing better. We think it's fun.

“Superior writing skills.”

Another excellent contribution to the thread.  Thank you so much for wowing us with your wit and stunning literary accomplishments.  

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,660 posts
10,313 battles
5 hours ago, Grizley said:

I'm sorry, did I mess up your combined cry and attempt to brag?  At least you got the crying right.

The only thing you messed up was any respect I had for you. I’m sure you don’t care but one of the few things in life that is earned and not bought. 

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
Just now, TurboT said:

The only thing you messed up was any respect I had for you. I’m sure you don’t care but one of the few things in life that is earned and not bought. 

Your respect is literally worthless to me. I don't care about it.  I know enough about you to know that your respect is never something that I will want.

There simple fact that you think that threatening to withhold your respect is something that means anything to anyone but you is hilarious.  Respect is valuable only when you respect the one giving it.  

You come to complain about your badge, fair enough though there is a forum for but reporting and this is not it. Then in the post you admit you care because you want to "flash your badge in people's face".  That's small.  Childish even.  Weak, certainly.  

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,660 posts
10,313 battles
6 minutes ago, Grizley said:

Your respect is literally worthless to me. I don't care about it.  I know enough about you to know that your respect is never something that I will want.

There simple fact that you think that threatening to withhold your respect is something that means anything to anyone but you is hilarious.  Respect is valuable only when you respect the one giving it.  

You come to complain about your badge, fair enough though there is a forum for but reporting and this is not it. Then in the post you admit you care because you want to "flash your badge in people's face".  That's small.  Childish even.  Weak, certainly.  

I enjoyed the aspect of working towards the badge. It gave me something to work towards in this game and was something I could do solo and not rely as much on potato teams (ie ranked) 

I’m also aware of the crybabies in this forum in regards to the emblem s and badges. I found it a little funny so I added a little tongue in cheek sarcasm in my post about it.  The simple fact that folks like yourself decide to come into this thread and point out writing skills and clan accomplishments is simply laughable and hilarious.   Like somehow I’ve hurt your feeling because I like the badges so you need to find some other insult to hurl that is completely irrelevant to this post. 

The emblem is something I earned on my own and I want it displayed. How evil of me.  Sad fact is you’re touting your clans accomplishments in a thread which for all anyone knows you did nothing to earn other than joining.  I’m fairly certain I have the stats to join a lot of great clans where I could do nothing to tout the purple tag.  The group I’m with has been together since WoT BETA. They are my friends and none of us have time to be on at set times to clan war.  I’m sure it would be fun but it doesn’t fit into life’s schedule. 

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

What you said didn't come off that way.  Perhaps you could find another way to say it.  One that is closer to your real intent.

It's not hurt feelings, it's disgust.  Which is why threatening a loss of respect is meaningless as a response.  There respect of someone acting in a disgusting way has a negative value, not a positive value.  

I encourage you to join a clan.  Scrim against some other clans. Play some clan battles. You'll be surprised how much fun you have and how rapidly you'll improve. If you like your current clan, invite some people. It's not hard to get 7 people online at the same time.

Pretty sure that you can look up my clan wars stats in the game if you care too.  The short version is ~75% win rate.  

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,660 posts
10,313 battles
1 hour ago, Grizley said:

What you said didn't come off that way.  Perhaps you could find another way to say it.  One that is closer to your real intent.

It's not hurt feelings, it's disgust.  Which is why threatening a loss of respect is meaningless as a response.  There respect of someone acting in a disgusting way has a negative value, not a positive value.  

I encourage you to join a clan.  Scrim against some other clans. Play some clan battles. You'll be surprised how much fun you have and how rapidly you'll improve. If you like your current clan, invite some people. It's not hard to get 7 people online at the same time.

Pretty sure that you can look up my clan wars stats in the game if you care too.  The short version is ~75% win rate.  

Some time ago I was a fairly serious clan commander and WoT tournament team captain.  I captained a silver league team to a .500 record (one level below pro live stream league) and I spent an enormous amount of time chasing people for practice and play and coming up with strats and being online at a very specific time.  It put a large strain on my marriage and I'm just not willing to go there again.   I love the competition and the strategy and the comraderie with your buddies it creates but its simply not worth the life cost so I can show a purple clan badge in the forums. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,076 posts
5,972 battles
22 hours ago, TurboT said:

“Superior writing skills.”

Another excellent contribution to the thread.  Thank you so much for wowing us with your wit and stunning literary accomplishments.  

The ease with which you demonstrate that I am right does not surprise me.