Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xovian

The funnest loss ever (w/ a CV)

4 comments in this topic

Members
191 posts

While I haven't had thousands of games, I've had my share of losses.
Some because i was new, some because i just didn't know what i was doing.

Today i had one of the best losses I've seen, cause it was fun regardless.
Ships split to all caps, not my thing as i avoid mid like the plague  (120 degree of received fire vs 45 degrees when spotted...yea, not a tough call)
Had some help with cruisers and a BB (call Guinness!), the fight went on and I eventually got the cap.

But trouble was a brewing and 4 of their ships were coming our way including a Yamato.
Team then gets the notice from our CV they are having mouse trouble and cant get the planes to do much of anything.

Long story short, our lead ship on the cap i took, ate some torps from the opposing DD, but kept going  cause the Yamato was right around the island.
Yamato seemed to notice to late, the RAM was inc...they both promptly blew up.
Me now being by myself, with the opposing DD and a single friend on their side, mine had already sought bluer oceans, i went after the DD.
Both had torps on cooldown so the gun fire was real, as real as we can get it anyways, and i thus RAM him (my first ever), we still have 2 DD's they have none now.
At this point each team has less then 3 ships including both carriers. The carriers both ended up RAMING.
I don't know if that is a first in the game or not (i'm not betting it is), but how often do you see a carrier RAM another carrier?
All in all 6 of our deaths were from us ramming the other team.  Thier CV was playing very well and with ours out of commission, we made the best of it.

Needless to say, despite being a loss, it was one of the most fun matches I've ever had. Thanks for those who were there!

Edited by xovian

Members
217 posts
2,039 battles

At one point in the Independence I ran out of planes. Seeing an enemy New York I went full speed and rammed her. She only had about 1K HP left but there was only 1 other DD left on our team. We lost sadly, but that was fun.

Members
87 posts
404 battles

I rammed a DD in my Ryujo once and got Die Hard. I laughed for a full minute because the poor thing didn't know why he didn't get the kill. 

I'll upload the screenie when I dig it up later! :Smile-_tongue:

[RLGN]
Members
8,283 posts
17,327 battles
17 minutes ago, Trollphoon said:

I rammed a DD in my Ryujo once and got Die Hard. I laughed for a full minute because the poor thing didn't know why he didn't get the kill.

My best Ryujo moment was beating a C-hull Independence to death with secondaries in B cap on New Dawn after everyone else was dead except one of our DDs far off in some corner...

Thought about ramming, then remembered I had secondaries and he didn’t... :cap_haloween:

Sign in to follow this