Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
grave_digger1

another fire god french x bb.

5 comments in this topic

[BLUE_]
Members
399 posts
14,366 battles

They are only 8 barrels and HE spamming with Republiqué is... mehhh. They have a good fire chance. Yes! But the alpha strike of only 8 shells is not enough for tier 10. Now the AP of that ship is brutal. Conqueror has 12 barrels, meaning more shells landing in the target and higher alpha (the combination of each shell and having more of them), no way Republiqué can compete with that, maybe with Lion that has 9 of them.

Also Conqueror with 419mm are somewhat innacurate, meaning it will land everywhere in the enemy ship starting multiple fires, also it's unlikely 2 shells to hit the same spot, that means those shells will avoid saturation as well, sure Conqueror accuracy isnt that bad to the point of missing several shells in a single salvo, it's just on point for what i call "optimal HE spam". That isnt the case with accurate guns because they will most likely hit the same section of the ship and saturate that part, reducing the damage.

For distances shorter than 15km her AP has more penetration power than Yamato's 460mm guns, no matter what kind of argument someone might use, those shells are brutal anyways . Also 431mm can overmatch 30mm armor most tier X cruisers have. Something only the Yamato-class and Conqueror with 457mm guns can do. My last point is that she is the only accurate french BB in the game - 2.0 sigma, and accuracy has good sinergy with AP shells in the game.

Edit: apparentally somehow part of my post was... erased? more precisely in the first paragraph. So i came here to fix and take the opportunity to put a bit more information.

Edited by Cpt_JM_Nascimento
  • Cool 2

Members
3,563 posts
6,877 battles

Synergy.

And it sounds like you are right, especially if you managed to get the special French Captain Jacques-Jean Honoré with enhanced Expert Marksman and Adrenaline effects.

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles

honestly I really want to get the Republiqué but I really don't want to play the tier V-VII they dont look like they would fit my playstyle but the Republiqué is just too unique to pass up

Edited by skull_122_steel

Sign in to follow this