Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Airglide2

Rotation Speed for Torpedo Tubes?

14 comments in this topic

Members
709 posts
9,924 battles

Are the rotation speeds for torpedo tubes the same for every single ship in the game???  Why is that?  Were they that slow in real life or that quick to turn?

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,892 posts
10,457 battles
3 minutes ago, Airglide2 said:

Are the rotation speeds for torpedo tubes the same for every single ship in the game???  Why is that?  Were they that slow in real life or that quick to turn?

All of them are on a red bull diet. So they all turn nice and quickly

[NMKJT]
Members
2,728 posts

Doesn't mimic real life at all because you set the course by programming a gyroscope. 

It's a pragmatic interpretation. They all seem to move the same rate but some centerline tubes can rotate 360 where others are blocked by structures, so they seem slower but just have farther to travel

[SYN]
Members
14,451 posts
10,446 battles

yeah, I've wondered this myself.

I do know that the IJN toyed with the idea of a septuple (7) torp launcher, but they gave up on it because it would have been too heavy to turn by hand, should the motor have been knocked out.

[TEARZ]
[TEARZ]
Beta Testers
331 posts
7,485 battles

They are tied were your turrets are aiming, unless you are in a battleship.  That is why its takes so long to go from opposite side, unless you have a launcher that is limited to one side of the boat.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
21 hours ago, Airglide2 said:

They're not all the same and most need the module buff to be usable.

Members
709 posts
9,924 battles
26 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

They're not all the same and most need the module buff to be usable.

Well which aren’t then?

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
11 minutes ago, Airglide2 said:

Well which aren’t then?

It tells you the 180 degree turn rate just like guns in the stats in port in game. Aiming systems mod 1 (3rd slot) gives +20% to that turn rate. This is absolutely essential under fire in and in duels.

Members
709 posts
9,924 battles
18 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

It tells you the 180 degree turn rate just like guns in the stats in port in game. Aiming systems mod 1 (3rd slot) gives +20% to that turn rate. This is absolutely essential under fire in and in duels.

No I mean tell me the ships that aren’t the same.  From your last post.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
33 minutes ago, Airglide2 said:

Well, I guess they are, the only difference I'm seeing across all my nations and classes and tiers is in whether or not they have the mod. Maybe they feel different because they have different firing angles.

Members
709 posts
9,924 battles
2 hours ago, Condor_Legion said:

They are tied were your turrets are aiming, unless you are in a battleship.  That is why its takes so long to go from opposite side, unless you have a launcher that is limited to one side of the boat.

What?

No, I was questioning why everyone is set at 25 deg.  

[NMKJT]
Members
2,728 posts
1 hour ago, Airglide2 said:

As a rule of thumb, DDs are 6.0 for 180 degree rotation, Cruisers are 7.2 seconds. Now, mid-higher tier Soviet DDs are 7.2 while lower tier is 6.0, British CLs are 6.0, German BBs  and Graf Spee are 6.0. I checked a bunch of ships and it's one or the other. Not a lot of variation

Members
709 posts
9,924 battles
1 hour ago, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

As a rule of thumb, DDs are 6.0 for 180 degree rotation, Cruisers are 7.2 seconds. Now, mid-higher tier Soviet DDs are 7.2 while lower tier is 6.0, British CLs are 6.0, German BBs  and Graf Spee are 6.0. I checked a bunch of ships and it's one or the other. Not a lot of variation

I’ll have a look into this tomorrow.  But you’ve just given me a brand new idea on a gimmick for the DD line!

Sign in to follow this