You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Davos_Seaworth

French onion soup with Davos and Richie

11 comments in this topic

[BBICT]
Members
3,369 posts
3,561 battles

Well, I told myself I wasn't gonna grind anymore. But I REALLY want the Richelieu...lucky for me, I had been hording XP for months, and had some left over Christmas $$$ to spend. So my "grind" starts at Tier 8. :cap_win: 

So was able to run her with my 15 point Dunk Captain His skills:

PT

AR

Basics of Survival

AFT :cap_rambo: Ninja :Smile_hiding: 

Ship build:

Main 1, Damage 1, Secondary 2, :Smile_izmena: Damage 2, and more ninja...  Might swap out rudder shift for Damage 2..

So what do I think? She reminds me a ton of the Dunk...which would seem like a no brainer, BUT not the best parts for some reason.... She is squishy, which I'm used to, but if anything the guns drive me even more nuts. The secondaries sure make a ton of noise, and have great range....but don't seem to do much damage...Maybe need a buff? I can see where she gets the "meh boat" rap...but I think I just need more games in her...besides, I made the mistake of showing my kids the camo with the rooster on the bow, and they made me buy it, LOL...

This was top Tier top of the scoreboard loss:

4JCSBfZ.jpg

...and a pretty good run at Hermes 

yDJoXyF.jpg

• Cool 2

Members
3,563 posts
6,872 battles

Well the obvious thought is that the Rich is Dunkerque on steroids, and I have to admit the tanking play of the Izumo, Dunkerque and Richelieu doesnt come naturally to me. Give me time and practice is all I ask.

But hey, before the Rich enjoy the Lyon and if you got the special captain ( Jacques-Jean Honoré) with enhanced Expert Marksman and Adrenaline.... sheesh, 16 main guns do the math I am loving that ship.

[BBICT]
Members
3,369 posts
3,561 battles

By the Seven this thing is gonna drive me to drinking... I can't get the guns to work. I feel like a damn rookie right now...overpens and bounces six ways to Sunday. I REALLY don't want to just sling HE... gonna try and change my aim point, but still not sure what I'm doing wrong really... :cap_wander:

[-GPS-]
Members
2,539 posts
25,031 battles

The guns are weird. I got 3 citadels on a Freidrich der Grosse in two volleys at 18 km. And I couldn’t sink an Edinburgh at 8 km. 

Only 6 battles but average damage 93k with 1.7 kills. I’m sure those numbers will go down with more battles but it’s a good start. 

This ship is NOT meant to be played stationary, bow in tanking.  Use your speed to flank enemies, especially cruisers. Use the turret traverse to shift to whatever red is showing you a broadside. Think a bit like a cruiser and use terrain to guard your flank. Use your speed to juke incoming fire. Aim a bit above the waterline. Maybe it’s wonky vertical dispersion but it seems like more than half your shells go into the water if you aim right at the waterline. Oh, don’t be afraid to kite away. The gun firing arcs are really quite good over the shoulder. 

[BBICT]
Members
3,369 posts
3,561 battles

Thanks...I'm gonna try running her again tonight...but man... I was like "what the hell have I done?!?" LOL. 

[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles
On 3/1/2018 at 1:01 PM, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

By the Seven this thing is gonna drive me to drinking... I can't get the guns to work. I feel like a damn rookie right now...overpens and bounces six ways to Sunday. I REALLY don't want to just sling HE... gonna try and change my aim point, but still not sure what I'm doing wrong really... :cap_wander:

I got use to the derp guns on the Dunkerque, because if you knew what you were doing, the Dunkerque could tank shots from a large portion of Battleships.  I used that endurence to get more shells on target through more salvos, but against tier 9-10 with the main battery reload mod, the DPM appears to be a sheer abyss between the two.  I can only recommend you get the special captain with the boosted Adrenalin Rush to try and increase that rate of fire.  I got a 19pt Dunk Admiral, but I'd probably put him in the Alsace or Lyons instead.

Edited by Sventex

[BBICT]
Members
3,369 posts
3,561 battles

Okay, THIS crap is gonna drive me nuts... Atlanta. Broadside. Ambush by me. 5km. I should have cut him in half. 

WbG45hu.jpg

Can't buy a citadel. They need to change the shells on this thing. 

[BBICT]
Members
3,369 posts
3,561 battles

Okay gang....I think I got her figured out....forget shooting at those pesky CAs and DDs, and go for the big stuff. 

ElyEoDk.jpg

Like what? Oh, how about a Yamato at 6 km away?

k6mH9uM.jpg

Two of those were citadels... For a second I was like: :cap_wander:

[BBICT]
Members
3,369 posts
3,561 battles

...and then..

jFZyj1m.jpg

Okay gang...don't go for the waterline, go up one notch on the sights. I just about fell over when I got a citadel on a Big Fred... :cap_win: :Smile_ohmy: It happened to fast for me to get a screenshot, but I even knocked out his engine... The "sweet spot" is about 10 to 14 km give or take... On BBs anyway, still not sure about shooting CAs..