Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kildayil

French BB quests

11 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Members
76 posts
6,585 battles

So, does anyone know. I *JUST* got enough exp on Nandarie to get the Lyon, however, I also got my 5 containers from the 1st mission, and guess what, got the Lyon quest. So, if I buy the Lyon first, and then finish the Lyon quest, what happens? I get half value and it sells it? But i get a port slot? If I do the quest, and don't use the exp and such on the Nandarie it will just convert to elite exp i guess? Anyone know? Should I reasearch and purchase, or quest and just save it? Thanks!

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,887 battles
26 minutes ago, Kildayil said:

So, does anyone know. I *JUST* got enough exp on Nandarie to get the Lyon, however, I also got my 5 containers from the 1st mission, and guess what, got the Lyon quest. So, if I buy the Lyon first, and then finish the Lyon quest, what happens? I get half value and it sells it? But i get a port slot? If I do the quest, and don't use the exp and such on the Nandarie it will just convert to elite exp i guess? Anyone know? Should I reasearch and purchase, or quest and just save it? Thanks!

You get from the mission a ship with all modules unlocked plus a portslot and a 3 point captain. That’s about 20k+ xp you don’t have to grind. No idea what will happen to the xp on the T6.

[WOLF5]
Members
457 posts
18,853 battles

In the past, if you have a ship in your port that you win, you get the full silver value of the ship (minus the clan discount). My guess is that you would get the silver back that you spent, a port slot and a 3 point commander that's assigned to the Lyon. 

Here's the kicker. The missions give you a fully upgraded Lyon. The one you unlock and buy would not have all the modules unlocked and mounted already.  Would you then get all the modules when you finish the 14k base xp grind? That's the question. Since WG has never given fully upgraded ships, we don't have any track record to go by. Also, you would likely NOT get the XP back on the Normandie so if you convert elite xp to free xp, that's something to consider. 

Since it's just 14k base XP, I'd say grind it before Friday so you can use it in the Grand Admiral missions which are only completable in Scenarios. The Lyon fully kitted out for AA makes shooting down 25 planes really easy. 

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
52 posts
979 battles

I'm really peeved at my poor luck that not a single one of my 25 crates contained an earn quest.

[BBICT]
Members
3,368 posts
3,561 battles

I got a mission in the last crate I got...AFTER I researched the line all the way to the Richie... :fish_palm:

[WOLF2]
Members
888 posts
7,199 battles
4 minutes ago, TehParakitteh said:

I'm really peeved at my poor luck that not a single one of my 25 crates contained an earn quest.

Same.  

So, I'm doing the campaign task 1 and 2 over and over and over in my Saint-Louis.    Well, at least I can get a good grind towards Henri!

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
52 posts
979 battles
1 minute ago, DiddleDum said:

Same.  

So, I'm doing the campaign task 1 and 2 over and over and over in my Saint-Louis.    Well, at least I can get a good grind towards Henri!

I can barely describe how put out I am right now. I'd have had way more fun by just grinding the line from Tier 3, continuing with the Bretagne I bought, and going on, not bothering with the event at all.

Do the French Gold campaigns at least reward with French crates?

[WOLF2]
Members
888 posts
7,199 battles

Yes.   The crates are French.   Still no luck though getting a ship.   Le Grind, instead.

I got the T3 BB... still sitting in port.   Figured there'd be 300 bbs in queue.

[H-W-C]
Members
1,262 posts
3,351 battles
1 minute ago, TehParakitteh said:

Do the French Gold campaigns at least reward with French crates?

Yes. You get one for a few of the tasks and each final mission gives you five.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
52 posts
979 battles
8 minutes ago, warpath_33 said:

Yes. You get one for a few of the tasks and each final mission gives you five.

I have six ships at tier 5 or above. One was Bretagne, then a "premium". One was Warspite, which I bought. A Texas, from the refer programme, an Okhotnik from the Santa Crates and then the Emerald and Emile Bertin. Both of which I felt I had to rush through by free xping the Tier 4 versions entirely. I don't yet have a Tier VI French ship for the French Gold ops (though am working towards the La Gallisonnaire).

Not sure how you can beat all stages of an event and feel worse off than if you'd just sat and ground out the tree normally.

[SALVO]
Members
17,039 posts
17,659 battles

In all of the regular (i.e. not premium shop) French crates that I've received, I haven't gotten a single one of the French BB missions.  That said, I bought 5 of the crates early on, and got the tier 5 and tier 6 missions, so I'm not too bad off here.  I just didn't want to spend any more real money on crates just to roll the dice on getting the Lyon or Richelieu missions.  I'll survive with just the Normandie as the starting point.  It's really not that bad a tier 6.  In some ways it seems a bit OP (sorta-kinda) given how fast she is, particularly when one considers that she's a pre-WW1 design and yet the USN tier 7 and below BBs are of a similar vintage but remain slow as frozen molasses.

Sign in to follow this