You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
rustydawg

I Renamed John Doe for the Missouri

12 comments in this topic

[RSDWG]
Members
445 posts
7,974 battles

Here's the screenshot, Click the link for the picture:  https://ibb.co/fOcehc

Don Winslow of the Navy was a Movie Serial around 1940.

I followed the directions in here: 

When you press Ctrl+F type in John Doe and it will say:   IDS_Seagal     John Doe     

Change John Doe to any name you desire.

Maybe you can post your names here for the new John Doe replacement.

Edited by rustydawg

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,443 battles

seems like a LOT of work for something you only see in port for a few seconds at a time...

[RSDWG]
Members
445 posts
7,974 battles

You have to really be dedicated to getting rid of the John Doe Guy. 

[AK-47]
Members
155 posts
3,106 battles

It's like the guy that was saying he was done play wow and wot because WG changed his name.... dude prob had a man crush on seagul to go that far... 

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,897 posts
10,471 battles

I don't see an issue with John Doe. It's literally something you will rarely ever look at in Port. 

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles

I'd be shocked if John Doe isn't just a placeholder until they can come up with a permanent name.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,803 posts
15,265 battles
18 minutes ago, Skarp_AGW said:

I'd be shocked if John Doe isn't just a placeholder until they can come up with a permanent name.

Like John Smith!

[PSP]
Members
6,294 posts
8,919 battles
56 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

I don't see an issue with John Doe. It's literally something you will rarely ever look at in Port. 

I renamed mine to "Chester Nimitz" just to make the point that it was possible but I could literally not tell you, after over a year of playing this game, what any of the other commanders' names were.

Edited by Snargfargle

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,897 posts
10,471 battles
Just now, Snargfargle said:

I renames mine to "Chester Nimitz" just to make the point that it was possible but I could literally not tell you, after over a year of playing this game, what any of the other commanders' names were.

I knew 2. Yamamoto and Segal

[RSDWG]
Members
445 posts
7,974 battles

I don't know why WOWs couldn't just replace Seagal with a generic captain, would have been easier.

In case you didn't notice I colorized that picture of Don Winslow. I cropped him from a B&W picture of him flying an airplane with a pretty lady sitting to his right. You can see part of the yoke in his left hand.

I also renamed the Lex to Saratoga and the Essex to Bunker Hill.

My dad was on the Bunker Hill in WW2. When it was attacked on May 11, 1945, he was about 75 feet from the blast that blew a fifty-foot hole in the middle of the flight deck. He was about 10 feet from the forward gun mount on the flight deck, his battle station. The blast sent him flying 15 feet through the air and he landed flat on his back. He got the wind knocked out of him, but he was one of the few guys that stood back up, the rest were dead or badly wounded. He felt the heat from a big piece of metal whiz by his head, plus a lot of wood from the flight deck just missed him. Well, I could go on for a few pages about it, so I'll stop here.

Edited by rustydawg