You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AJTP89

USN in Hermes

27 comments in this topic

[WOLF5]
Members
1,534 posts
2,123 battles

So decided to try out the new operation in my Atlanta. Apparently I wasn't the only one.

shot-18_02.28_17_32.22-0583.thumb.jpg.8217848f136f2ec8f1175f8d24028f9c.jpg

Let's just say planes weren't much of a problem:Smile_teethhappy::cap_rambo:

It was a lot of fun. The bot DD just yolo'd into a hail of 5in HE. The BBs were a bit of a problem, we didn't have anything to hit them for big damage. So we melted them slowly.

The scouts didn't last long, and neither did T1 aircraft. Nor did the DDs waiting for you at the exit point. The operation is already pretty graphics intensive (for WOWS), and the constant ATL HE and AA didn't help. I usually run at 60 FPS, was down to 30, with occasional quick freezes. Still, a lot fun.

Only 3 stars since most didn't know what we had to do, but it was good to have over 500 hits.

Also, insert obligatory joke about US rescuing the French.

shot-18_02.28_17_50.21-0356.thumb.jpg.ff9d5ee14c0e564aed99d8e59bad8f23.jpg

[SF-A]
Members
2,890 posts
5,674 battles

Nice! I think Flint and Atlanta are good fits just because of the nature of operations. Indianapolis' radar would be useful, and Pensacola's AP is very good if used correctly.

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
10 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Also, insert obligatory joke about US rescuing the French

which time are we talking about here

• Funny 1

[AK-47]
Members
155 posts
3,106 battles

We owed the French big time for saving us from the British red coats...  

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,390 posts
2,377 battles
35 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Also, insert obligatory joke about US rescuing the French.

Another way to look at it is that Ruan is delivering the gold to the US, so US is protecting its own money.   :Smile_izmena:

[WPP]
Members
514 posts
5,409 battles
4 minutes ago, Paintpro_1 said:

And Cuisine.

ive played a few times and see 2-3 USN ships and 2-3 Fiji’s.  The planes are a non issue and the Fiji torpedoes seem to hit way more than previous operations.

[RLGN]
Members
8,241 posts
17,222 battles

Need mah Breatan...

Seems like every time I queue into an Op in a regular ship; the bots all scream; ‘A mechanical roach! Kill it!!!’ like there’s nothing else to shoot at or something.

I trust WGs supposed ‘T 1’ aircraft like I trust a wild hog not to dig up a garden.

The allied T1s were worthless in Dynamo; and the German ones seemed full strength.

[TAZ]
Members
399 posts

Completed Hermes in Lyon, 1st battle of the day.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles
53 minutes ago, Paintpro_1 said:

and have paid them back ever since, every time they get into trouble.

• Cool 2

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
1 minute ago, Umikami said:

well we did not help them during their revolution and we did not help against all the coalitions that were formed against them. but other then that we helped them

[-AGW-]
Members
658 posts
9,470 battles
13 minutes ago, Nutaz said:

Completed Hermes in Lyon, 1st battle of the day.

Same.

And it was quite light show too. 

[BBICT]
Members
3,367 posts
3,561 battles

The Atlanta rocks for this kind of thing...that is ton of HE flying, LOL.. :cap_rambo: I almost want a Pepsi cola just for this kind of thing... 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles
1 minute ago, skull_122_steel said:

we did not help them during their revolution

Not true; like good neighbors everywhere we stayed out of it completely because of our deep and abiding respect for the right of the French people to self determination, how could we have been more helpful?

2 minutes ago, skull_122_steel said:

we did not help against all the coalitions

Again, internal European conflicts in which we were neither needed nor wanted.

PLUS! Out of the goodness of our hearts and import/export balance, we allowed them to have McDonalds, even when they went so far as to re-name the quarter pounder a "Royal"; again, how much more help could we possibly be?

[RKLES]
Members
7,192 posts
8,931 battles
11 minutes ago, skull_122_steel said:

well we did not help them during their revolution and we did not help against all the coalitions that were formed against them. but other then that we helped them

WWI and WWII the US certainly helped the French

[O_O]
Members
4,397 posts
9,512 battles

I got 5 stars on my first attempt.  I used Belfast, but we had 3 or 4 Atlantas.  No red airplane even got close.  No ordinance was dropped from the sky that day.  Our group worked very well together, and the few that had played the Op before were good about telling the rest of us where the next attack was coming from.  I already knew we had to sink the Graf Zeppelin, and as soon as it appeared two of us went after her.

Finishing an Op on the first attempt for 5 stars is quite nice, I must say!

[RKLES]
Members
7,192 posts
8,931 battles

I think this mix of ships is great for the Hermes Operation since I was able to get through it with 5 stars in the 1st try and we had the AA, fast firing guns for DDs, and heavy guns for CAs, BBS, and the CV. We also had some torpedoes to use against enemy as well. This team was really great to be on and I enjoyed them a lot.

208814E5-9756-4EB7-B4DA-AF446FA82D6A.thumb.jpeg.8a2a10e01ec593a35c2811ac30fb3a22.jpeg

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Not true; like good neighbors everywhere we stayed out of it completely because of our deep and abiding respect for the right of the French people to self determination, how could we have been more helpful?

Again, internal European conflicts in which we were neither needed nor wanted.

PLUS! Out of the goodness of our hearts and import/export balance, we allowed them to have McDonalds, even when they went so far as to re-name the quarter pounder a "Royal"; again, how much more help could we possibly be?

I can't tell if you are being sincere or not be either way it was funny

[AK-47]
Members
155 posts
3,106 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Oh I agree. Never didn't but just saying you know we might as well helped them back sometime lol...  I bet if it happened after they switched to royal pounder we would've been fighting with the axis cause those right there are fighting words!!!! You don't mess with something that isn't broken... lol 

we didn't mess with people's internal conflicts back when they were having them like we do now cause we have to be the police force of the world and cause we need to have our foot in everyone's crapto easily control them even though it does nothing but makes it worse...

[WOLF5]
Members
1,534 posts
2,123 battles
2 hours ago, Paintpro_1 said:

Yeah, except ever since we've been bailing them out every time the Germans so much as look at them.

Not to mention we kept Napoleon afloat financially ever since we bought most of the US off of him.

I mean, when was the last time the French actually managed to win a war on their own?

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,235 posts
1,810 battles

We did not bail them out in WWI.  We joined as allies against the Germans, but the Germans weren't winning, they just weren't losing either.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles
23 minutes ago, Paintpro_1 said:

even though it does nothing but makes it worse...

mostly for us!

Members
269 posts
3,520 battles
14 hours ago, Helstrem said:

We did not bail them out in WWI.  We joined as allies against the Germans, but the Germans weren't winning, they just weren't losing either.

We were making guns, ammo, and countless other supplies for them, the Russians, and the British well before our 'official' involvement in WWI. We may not have been a major military contributor, but we sure as heck were a major manufacturing contributor. In fact, the rifle we were making for the British (the P14 'Enfield')  was so much easier to make than our own M1903 'Springfield' that when we got involved, we simply made it in our own cartridge and issued it out as a 'substitute standard' rifle (the M1917 'Enfield'). Funnily enough, that substitute rifle was far more common in our army than our so called primary rifle until the 1920's. I may be a bit of a small arms history enthusiast. :Smile_teethhappy:

[DRG_N]
Members
418 posts
582 battles
17 hours ago, Paintpro_1 said:

Indeed.  It's less "The US saving the French's asses" and more "The US is returning the favor."

Without the French, our home would never have come to be. That's a debt that can never be repaid in full.

Alpha Tester
2,296 posts
4,438 battles
15 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

I mean, when was the last time the French actually managed to win a war on their own?

The same could be said of the USA really :)

M

[WOLF5]
Members
1,534 posts
2,123 battles
38 minutes ago, MaliceA4Thought said:

The same could be said of the USA really :)

M

The difference is we haven't been invaded and then relied on our buddies to rescue us twice, and we would have probably thanked them if we did have to be rescued.

And, while helping with the Germans, we pretty much single-handedly defeated the Japanese, so we won that war on our own, in addition to helping with a second.