You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
warp103

FPS issue

162 comments in this topic

[-TXT-]
Members
348 posts
9,610 battles

Well I been running on Med Setting for a while.  Normal FPS 60 after the  patch down to 45ish.

When I get in a Knive Fight or fighting lots of  ships . it has dip a few times to 22-26.

I have eating trops that, would normally avoid because  the path looks choppy.

I know that they have add more wake to the ships and mess with the splash effects. I think this is  making the system  wonky.

I know it been reported on the BUG area  any others having this issue.

Note this is in  all battle not just he Hermes mission

[RKN]
Members
652 posts
7,525 battles

Same here, even though my settings are low already (back in the last patch, my game runs at 20-25 FPS)
but now it kinda quite suffer a bit (15-20 FPS now)

shot-18_02.28_07_35.52-0647.thumb.jpg.97a2938ca03964fe08975482a5512fc7.jpg

I would like to have a settings where you removed the water splashes on the ships bow

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles

My FPS hasn't dropped, yet I've been getting horrible lag in games since this update.

Ping: 34ms

FPS: 75

Most settings on high

GPU only running at 55-65% of capability, plenty of RAM available and not in use - yet whenever 4 or more ships are close together or add in a bunch of torpedoes, horrible lag that's almost unplayable.

Edited by FleetAdmiral_Assassin

[AK-47]
Members
155 posts
3,106 battles

I've only been having crash spikes during matches... and loading Into the match it's like the ship forgot how to get in the water... 

[WOLF3]
Members
6,498 posts
2,448 battles

Watch your ping time.  It will spike near a perceived lag.  I think this is a server/network issue that is of course load related, but likely due to part of the server farm being occupied elsewhere.

[-TXT-]
Members
348 posts
9,610 battles

I know about the server issue but FPS is a separate thing.   my ping is stead at 50- 57. But  if you have bad ping your FPS goes up because you are not rendering as many frames.

There is a serous drop in the FPS. From 60  steady to 45ish with shudder to 22 in my case in heavy fighting or if I zoom to much.

[IHW]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
186 posts

I'm thinking it might have something to do with direct x 11. I noticed that over the course of a few battles that my fps would just drop to around 30 normally its around 65-80 all the time. So I switched from direct x 11 down to 9 and didn't see any more problems. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,498 posts
2,448 battles
21 minutes ago, warp103 said:

There is a serous drop in the FPS. From 60  steady to 45ish with shudder to 22 in my case in heavy fighting or if I zoom to much.

Agreed.  There is a load problem on the remote end, but your observation says that there is also a load problem locally.  As I understand it, the render models are kept locally.  One wonders if there was that much of a change with this release?

[BOTES]
Members
281 posts
5,147 battles

I'm having FPS issues as well, it will dip sharply like 5-10 which will cause a stutter, it's pretty annoying sometimes it does it even when it try to talk. I'm on an i7 7700k 32 mb ram and nvidia 1070 8gb

[-TXT-]
Members
348 posts
9,610 battles

sigh seem like a bad patch

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,286 posts
25,423 battles

Also having the FPS issue.  I usually get over 60 FPS but the last few games, its dropped to 25- 35 FPS.  Really choppy.  Ping is constant so its not a latency issue.  I just closed the client and going to restart to see if issue goes away for a while.

Members
343 posts
6,782 battles

In my case, it seems to get worse the more battles I play. First few are OK with occasional stutters, but by the 6th or 7th it gets really noticeable. After a dozen or so it gets unplayable at busy times.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,498 posts
2,448 battles
35 minutes ago, Crusin_Custard said:

Memory leak ? 

Memory leaks are progressive.  I haven't seen that. 

The thing is, this all started LAST NIGHT, before the patch.  That's why I don't think it's a bad release.

[AK-47]
Members
155 posts
3,106 battles
8 minutes ago, Jarink said:

In my case, it seems to get worse the more battles I play. First few are OK with occasional stutters, but by the 6th or 7th it gets really noticeable. After a dozen or so it gets unplayable at busy times.

Yeap!!!! This.... I restarted my game at least 10 times today because of this when before it could go all day with no problems.... 

I'm just glad I'm not the only one experiencing this so it's not on my end..... "this time" smg

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,884 battles
Just now, iDuckman said:

Memory leaks are progressive.  I haven't seen that. 

The thing is, this all started LAST NIGHT, before the patch.  That's why I don't think it's a bad release.

Roger that

Members
3,828 posts
14,189 battles

I've been having problems too starting with today's patch. Nothing's changed on my game settings, ISP, or my comp.

[TDG]
Members
1,221 posts
6,078 battles

In the 0.7.2 Patch Bugs thread, it was suggested to verify/update your video drivers.

I experienced the stuttering issue around zooming, etc.  It was only in the last few matches that I noticed it to be real bad.  I had a disconnect just as I was transitioning from the Queue to the battle for my last battle of the night, but I also had an issue with the adapter later, so this may be local.

I don't have more time tonight for updating and testing, but I will be trying  that first thing tomorrow.  

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,112 posts
12,671 battles

I'm also experiencing this issue. Did a clean reinstall on video drivers, didn't help. The problem does seem to get worse the more games I play in a row.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,498 posts
2,448 battles
59 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

In the 0.7.2 Patch Bugs thread, it was suggested to verify/update your video drivers.

Oh, that's the standard Support answer to everything they don't know how to fix. 

Do it, then forget about it -- it's something else.

--

Re: worsening.  Last night (on the old release) there was bad lag but no progressive degradation. 

Only played two battles tonight so can't tell.  First Hermes op (we lost) was pretty bad.  When I loaded into the second battle the client crashed.  (Should have taken a screen shot.)  When I restarted, it was better.  Had a good game, too. 

Look for tomorrow to be better.

Edited by iDuckman

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,662 posts
10,338 battles

I love that update your drivers crap.  Such nonsense.

Game was horrible to play tonight. Such horrible chop. At it's worse with lots of DD's/Smoke or CVs.  Like going back to BETA.  I hope they address this soon because very hard to play.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,424 posts
7,485 battles

I started having it today after about 12-15 battles. I did a clean reinstall of my video drivers yesterday, so I'm pretty sure that's not it. I'm also pretty sure that it's not a lack of hardware... GTX 1080ti, i7-6800k and 32 GB should be able to handle this, no problem.

[WISCO]
[WISCO]
Members
209 posts
4,988 battles

Me and 3 guys from my clan all had lag and FPS issues tonight.  The 2 other guys are running top end equipment and mine is middle of the road.  

[TDG]
Members
1,221 posts
6,078 battles
5 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Oh, that's the standard Support answer to everything they don't know how to fix. 

Do it, then forget about it -- it's something else.

--

Re: worsening.  Last night (on the old release) there was bad lag but no progressive degradation. 

Only played two battles tonight so can't tell.  First Hermes op (we lost) was pretty bad.  When I loaded into the second battle the client crashed.  (Should have taken a screen shot.)  When I restarted, it was better.  Had a good game, too. 

Look for tomorrow to be better.

Just reporting that it has worked in the past for me, and that it has worked for others.

I was fighting issues for a while until I found that a Windows update had corrupted the driver.

Good luck, I will not be trying to pass along any technical info to the experts here anymore.

[TEARZ]
[TEARZ]
Beta Testers
337 posts
7,504 battles

I believe the issue stems from the new torpedo wakes. My fps drop as soon as torpedoes drop in the water. It may also be related to the foam effect rendering on all the ships spotted as well. 

• Cool 1