Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
gprix84

cv planes no sound

12 comments in this topic

[RSF]
Members
43 posts
6,368 battles

Played a few matches in my Ranger and everything was good. Started another match and planes quit reporting when ready or being attacked. No sound at all from squads. All the other sounds in game seem to be working. Have to restart client to get sound back on squads very frustrating!!!

Happened again except this time in the middle of a battle around 4:45 est

Edited by gprix84
  • Cool 1

[STW-A]
Members
162 posts

I have been having the same problem since PT 7.1.   I've adjusted sound settings, checked for errors, etc.  Still having the problem, seemingly randomly.  Currently I'm in a 7 game streak of losing cv sounds every game....

• Cool 1

[BRO1]
Members
93 posts
6,371 battles

my Ranger also had the same issue but i dropped the Ranger shortly after when i got the Lex and the issue is not present with that Carrier

Edited by Ocoda
  • Cool 1

Members
1 post
1,126 battles

Same issue here.  Has happened, repeatedly, with both Japanese and American carriers.

• Cool 1

[RSF]
Members
43 posts
6,368 battles

Dont know if anyone is still having this problem other than me but it was fixed for awhile and now it seems to be back I have to exit game completely.  then come back in after one or two battles in my cv it comes back. No sound from pilots at all weather ready to take off or under attack or waiting for orders all messages from pilots are gone. I still get bomb and Torpedo sounds.

• Cool 1

[STW-A]
Members
162 posts

Yes, I am still having the cv sound problem.  I've tried adjusting different sound settings without effect.  Often, the cv sounds would drop off in the first cv game, rarely after I've played a few cv games.  While a client restart does restore the cv plane sounds during that game (I have to go afk for a couple minutes to restart.) I may lose the squadron sounds again later in that same round.  Waiting until after that game, and then closing down / restarting the client, seems to give me the best chance of keeping the cv sounds for the next game.

I did try a fresh install of the WoWs client, but without any improvement.

So.... my first cv game has been only a mid-tier, or scenario battle, or coop, or now even that Space Battle in the Hellcarrier.  If I lose sound, I restart the client, and try again.  Once I have a game where the sounds don't drop, I can take out my other cvs in randoms.

Please---- if anyone has found a better way, let me know!

• Cool 1

[US11F]
[US11F]
Members
7 posts
530 battles

:Smile_amazed: I have this problem too, with my langley: It needs to be fixed.

Edited by JoeJoe_2016

[PVE]
Members
5,640 posts
18,231 battles

There are tons of weird sound issues going on. Started with the patch before last, not sure what they did. If you want to hear something really terrible, get that tier 1 Pan Asian cruiser and take her for a spin... There is a sound issue after you fire your guns, got no clue if it is supposed to be in the game or is a glitch but I had to mute my speakers. What is really annoying is some voice messages are the perfect sound level and then a few are TOO LOUD. The in game sounds are just a mess. 

• Cool 1

[US11F]
[US11F]
Members
7 posts
530 battles

Yeah they need to patch it. They just need to put an update in to improve sound.

[US11F]
[US11F]
Members
7 posts
530 battles

now its working again. what?   :Smile_facepalm:

Edited by JoeJoe_2016

[STW-A]
Members
162 posts

I'll post all the information that I have about this "cv squadron sound" bug when I'm back to my main computer next week.

It seems to have something to do with the timing of the announcer voices ("good luck and fair seas" "enemy cruiser is sunk" etc.) overlapping with the cv squadron sound voices.  And once cv squadron sounds are lost, they are not coming back until the client is restarted.

I'm currently performing a rather detailed multi-step procedure in the training room every time I start the game client.  This has made a big difference, and has reduced the chance of losing cv squadron sounds in my first game from close to 70% to about 5% for me.  I'll detail the procedure in a follow-up post next week.

In the meantime, if you lose your cv squadron sounds (usually in your first cv game, if at all), finish the match without the sounds, and restart the client before your next cv game.  If you get through your first cv game without losing sounds, try to keep your client open until you're done playing cv games for the day as you will not lose cv squadron sounds.  (going back to the login screen is OK, and even signing in with a different username is OK.)

Sign in to follow this