Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptainTeddybear

Hermes FPS

14 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
6,487 posts
2,439 battles

It's server lag.  Best you can do is wait until tomorrow.

[SYN]
Members
14,467 posts
10,482 battles

computer specs?

AFAIK, it works fine on my GTX 970 and i5-3570k

Members
724 posts

cant say I notice it, as it stays at 60fps with a ping ~108ms (+-5ms) for me and ping wise that normal being in the UK playing on the NA servers, but while I have everything on maximum I have AA (MSAA I think?) off while I have post-process FXAA on, which may help a bit, as FXAA has a fixed cost in the main, while other methods of AA can change with complexity of the environment and the amount of AA needing to be applied per frame, if there are lots of partials etc.

edit:

that said I do use a 24" 1080p monitor with 2ms GTG at 60Hz, so I don't need more complex AA most of the time anyway when FAXX will do the job given the relative small pixel size of the screen for 1080p. 

Edited by b101uk

Members
594 posts
4,444 battles

OK this is weird.

I run pure potato, i4400 GPU and i3 processor.

However, in operations and in random, with Low settings, I can get a rather steady 29-35 fps. Sometimes to 25fps if multiple ships are on screen, but rare.

But in Coop, I'm having severe choppy performance, with my 35fps dropping to 20 or even 10fps sometimes.

It's extremely noticeable, and I'm curious as to why it's happening.

[-TXT-]
Members
348 posts
9,610 battles

It a over all FPS issue. it has been reported. I been  running 60FPS but  after this patch down to 22fps. when in a  knife fight

Members
594 posts
4,444 battles

OK that's weird, can confirm it just happened in a Random match...

But earlier today I didn't have nearly this choppy a performance.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,487 posts
2,439 battles

You're showing low FPS and chop because the server/network response time is choked.  This has been going on since last night.  Normal 30 ms ping has been jumping up to 400 ms and a couple times 700.  Leaves your rig with nothing to display for large parts of a second. 

Best guess is that the servers allocated to running the game are way down with a fair chunk spending time installing and others updating clients. 

[PSP]
Members
6,342 posts
8,968 battles

6 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Best guess is that the servers allocated to running the game are way down with a fair chunk spending time installing and others updating clients. 

That makes sense. This is why I have my game set up to download the updates automatically and leave my computer on overnight when there is an update. I get up in the morning to a ready-to-go game. 

[-TXT-]
Members
348 posts
9,610 battles
12 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

You're showing low FPS and chop because the server/network response time is choked.  This has been going on since last night.  Normal 30 ms ping has been jumping up to 400 ms and a couple times 700.  Leaves your rig with nothing to display for large parts of a second. 

FPS has zero to with lag.  You have 2 measures. I have had ping of 999 before and my fps still would be at 70+. In actuality. it goes up because you have zero frames to Process. So it refreshes that same frame.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,487 posts
2,439 battles

Then FPS isn't a good measure of chop.

Members
594 posts
4,444 battles

Well I just shut down and restarted my computer, seems to have settled a bit. Also cleared out the majority of my replay caches, maybe that played a part?

[WOLF3]
Members
6,487 posts
2,439 battles

Possible.  Depending on how you're connected to the net, it might have gotten you a new, clean lease.  Many factors.

Sign in to follow this