You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
vikingno2

Last two games very choppy

11 comments in this topic

[ES]
Members
166 posts
13,968 battles

Played several with no issues after the update, now everything choppy. FPS in the 70s Ping 35 not sure what to do.

[H-W-C]
Members
1,262 posts
3,355 battles

I can't think of anything else, so make sure the update didn't turn on Reduce GUI Refresh Rate in the settings.

Members
25 posts
2,646 battles

The same issue here, started around 5 pm EST. Before was OK, now it's almost impossible to play.

On top of that game crashed when exiting to port after battle.

Members
343 posts
6,782 battles

I'll add my name to the list of people experiencing this. Everything seemed to be OK when I started playing tonight, but after a few battles I got increasing amounts of frame drops an stutters, especially near the end of battles of with lots of action. FPS is normally in the 50-60 range and typically still reported that, even when it turned into a slide show.

Everything was fine before the patch tonight.

Members
2,557 posts
12,419 battles
On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 3:02 PM, vikingno2 said:

Played several with no issues after the update, now everything choppy. FPS in the 70s Ping 35 not sure what to do.

same here its not ping or fps related, its game content. very choppy. camera zooming in and out seems to hesitate once or twice, turning to look around the same thing is happening but my fps doesn't move, ping 40.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

Same here though updating my nvidia drivers did actually help. 

Members
3 posts

I posted this very thing tonight. Since update 0.7.2, frame rates have dropped from 70 to 25-52fps on avg. Please do something to fix this. Many of us pay good $$$ to buy your products. This should have been thoroughly tested prior to release!

Edited by _TuNNelRat

[PVE]
Members
5,615 posts
18,201 battles

There have been lots of threads on FPS issues here and on Reddit. Lots of "fixes" have been suggested that work for some but not everyone. The issue is widespread, what worked for me is to play around 6 games, exit the game, and restart. I keep doing that and it works well for me. Someone said it may be a "memory leak" and the longer you play, the worse the problem will become. A couple other fixes that work for some players are updating graphics drivers, uninstalling then reinstalling game, and putting your graphics settings to "low". Those only seem to work for some people though, not all. 

Members
25 posts
2,646 battles
On 3/4/2018 at 12:07 AM, _TuNNelRat said:

I posted this very thing tonight. Since update 0.7.2, frame rates have dropped from 70 to 25-52fps on avg. Please do something to fix this. Many of us pay good $$$ to buy your products. This should have been thoroughly tested prior to release!

Over time you will learn that WG don't care. :Smile_facepalm:

I believe they think they are monopoly. Maybe it's true