You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CO_Valle

HMS Hood's Rockets Animation

6 comments in this topic

[FGNE]
Members
350 posts
2,487 battles

Hello everyone,

Lately a few threads have appeared about British CVs (I support their inclusion BTW, but after CV rework is done), in the HMS Attacker thread some of us talked about how using rockets could be the (or part of) British CV flavor (perhaps even allowing fighters a small air to ground role); furthermore, in the Naval Legends Aviation  (part 1 | part 2) they talked about aircraft mounted rockets.

So what does the above have to do with HMS Hood?

As you can remember Hood has some AA rocket batteries, that although short ranged, are very effective (ok not historically speaking but...) unfortunately these are not properly animated. Of course, back in the day when Hood was released there was nothing in game that could be used for it, but we might have something now: Isoroku Yamamoto's fireworks.

Of course I'm NOT saying give fireworks to Hood!. But the mechanic is there in the engine now, for all I know these fireworks are simply light particles in the engine, the same mechanism could be used for Hood, but of course we are talking smoke, flak, explosions, and exhaust particles rather than merry lights.

And if British CVs /rockets eventually come to be, the same animation (on a different scale of course) could be used.

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles

The AA animations are already terrible, the best WGing could do is offer a rocket sound effect.

Members
3,564 posts
6,886 battles
14 minutes ago, Sventex said:

The AA animations are already terrible, the best WGing could do is offer a rocket sound effect.

Yes, proper whizz-bang effects please.

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,731 posts
4,737 battles

Know it's not accurate but I'd love to hear something like this when they went off

[KNMSU]
Members
3,368 posts
3,981 battles

It's not an issue that is going to keep me up at night... but I really like the OP's fireworks suggestion.

[FGNE]
Members
350 posts
2,487 battles

:fish_haloween:

Oh forgotten thread!
I command you to raise back to the first page
for those that dare to read
to serve your purpose once more
before fading back to the dead.

I dare necro this thread; since the CV re-work introduces rocket animations, please give Hood some love!