Update 0.7.2 - Bug Reporting

157 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Developers
93 posts
5,087 battles

Greetings Captains!

Update 0.7.2 is here. 

Have you noticed any issues in the game with the new update? Please let us know here.

Remember, if you are having issues or game crashes and you have mods installed, please uninstall them and try again. On top of that, we have a handy WG Check Tool to help out, so please check that out here:

Please make sure to attach WG Check tool report to your reports! Without WG Check reports it's very hard for our team to identify the issue and resolve it in a timely manner.  

You can also check out our little guide on how to report a bug here: 

P. S. I know it's an extra step for you to make WG Check tool reports, but believe me - they are really really helpful. 

[TBW]
Members
6,405 posts
12,050 battles

It says I don't have permission to see what is in the box.

Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it.

4 minutes ago, _irony_ said:

Greetings Captains!

Update 0.7.1 is here. 

Have you noticed any issues in the game with the new update? Please let us know here.

Remember, if you are having issues or game crashes and you have mods installed, please uninstall them and try again. On top of that, we have a handy WG Check Tool to help out, so please check that out here:

Please make sure to attach WG Check tool report to your reports! Without WG Check reports it's very hard for our team to identify the issue and resolve it in a timely manner.  

You can also check out our little guide on how to report a bug here: 

P. S. I know it's an extra step for you to make WG Check tool reports, but believe me - they are really really helpful. 

[HINON]
Supertester
19,223 posts
12,740 battles
22 minutes ago, _irony_ said:

Greetings Captains!

Update 0.7.1 is here.

4ms1mdK.gif

• Funny 1

[WGA]
Developers
93 posts
5,087 battles
19 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It says I don't have permission to see what is in the box.

What do you mean, @Sovereigndawg ?

[WGA]
Developers
93 posts
5,087 battles
Just now, Lert said:

4ms1mdK.gif

We all have tough mornings :)

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,223 posts
12,740 battles
1 minute ago, _irony_ said:

We all have tough mornings :)

This is very true :)

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles

The UI has been screwed up;

shot-18_02.28_13_18.57-0368.thumb.jpg.87c2f80e667fd9c84271eaedfbae4d4c.jpg

As you can see the icons on the minimap are far smaller then they should and the information panel is not above the minimap as it should.

shot-18_02.28_13_23.19-0483.thumb.jpg.7b3b8e69f28115d23682bfb55786e64a.jpg

This is a new issue, when you press H now the info panel appears even if you are in chat. I have no Mods installed and have done a check and repair with no success in fixing the issue, and I am not the only one who has noticed this others have as well.

• Cool 2

[STRM]
Members
1 post
2,453 battles

cv mini map is only able to control 1 squad at a time. Other squads fly south and won't even return to ship unless selected. Can't modify approach vector. 

WoWS_report.wgc

• Cool 2

[WOLF5]
Members
458 posts
18,909 battles

Couple of things I've noticed. One has been touched on 2 posts up, but I'll repeat

1. Even in chat, when you type h, the ship stats window pops up
  2. Detectability range of the Richelieu shows as 33.5 instead of the 23km that it should be. 

image.png

Members
10 posts
8,569 battles

Missouri's N°1 turret is turning 360° (clipping through the N°2 when aiming backwards).

Random FPS drops during gameplay. Before the patch I was running at around 70-80fps steadily; now it dips to below 30 for an unknown reason. Tried checking with the lowest settings possible but the drops continue and, by the fact I'm not using an old PC, I'm guessing it has something to do with the coding itself.

Once the battle is over, sometimes the results screen simply doesn't load and it sends you directly to port (This also happened to me when 7.1 just came out).

I'll update this post if I find more bugs/glitches.

• Cool 1

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

Icons on the minimap don’t change size when changing the size of the minimap itself. So I currently have giant icons on a small minimap. Basically the same problem as the person above me.

Also had a fps drop somehow, together with someone else.

[PT8TO]
Members
1,410 posts
13,264 battles

Why do they have updates come out that are full of bugs on a day Clan battles are about to start back up.

Should have had this come out on Monday so you had a day to fix this stuff before today.

Makes no sense to me.

• Cool 1

[DIRTY]
Members
16 posts
5,926 battles
13 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Icons on the minimap don’t change size when changing the size of the minimap itself. So I currently have giant icons on a small minimap. Basically the same problem as the person above me.

Also had a fps drop somehow, together with someone else.

I have exactly same problem. Minimap ships are oversized and ships don't scale when changing minimap size. Really annoying..

[NBGC]
Members
331 posts
3,565 battles
1 hour ago, h9k_a said:

Couple of things I've noticed. One has been touched on 2 posts up, but I'll repeat

2. Detectability range of the Richelieu shows as 33.5 instead of the 23km that it should be. 

image.png

Same problem for me also.

[TBW]
Members
6,405 posts
12,050 battles
1 hour ago, _irony_ said:

What do you mean, @Sovereigndawg ?

I tried to take a screen shot but your post has a box in it that says:

With a frown face in it. It must be some kind of forum glitch or something.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[WGA]
Developers
93 posts
5,087 battles

Did you try to take a screenshot of my post or post screenshot from the game? Other players are able to upload screenshots so there shouldn't be an issue with that. If that's the case try using another browser or clear cache and cookies

[WGA]
Developers
93 posts
5,087 battles
1 hour ago, Lagadema said:

Missouri's N°1 turret is turning 360° (clipping through the N°2 when aiming backwards).

Random FPS drops during gameplay. Before the patch I was running at around 70-80fps steadily; now it dips to below 30 for an unknown reason. Tried checking with the lowest settings possible but the drops continue and, by the fact I'm not using an old PC, I'm guessing it has something to do with the coding itself.

Once the battle is over, sometimes the results screen simply doesn't load and it sends you directly to port (This also happened to me when 7.1 just came out).

I'll update this post if I find more bugs/glitches.

Can you provide any screenshots or replay of the game showing the Missouri? As for the FPS drops please make sure to update video drivers. If that not helping please submit a ticket to Customer Support team.

Members
34 posts
6,952 battles

Seeing a FPS drop during combat. The issue appears primarily when zooming in/out of your guns/torps. Generally I average 80fps and noticed drops into the mid 30s when zooming. Also it seems to be more pronounced the longer you play WoWS without a restart. 

I did check that nothing was downloading in the background and historically I have not had any performance issues with the game. This seems new to 0.7.2 and not sure it matters but I was only playing the T8 French BB for a couple of hours.

i7 4.2ghz | 32Gb | SSD | Win10 64 | 1080 Nvidia

• Cool 2

[FAITH]
Members
196 posts
3,951 battles

I am experiencing difficulty manual dropping. When I try to do so using alt, my game switches to another squad instead, seeming the squad directly preceding the one trying to drop. This has happened over both a kaga and ranger game (back to back) and restarting the game only temporarily solves this issue. It also goes away by itself but not permanently. I have no mods installed atm, but I do play with alternative mouse controls. Hoping for some kind of fix so I can resume playing carriers again. Thanks 

[WGA]
Developers
93 posts
5,087 battles
3 hours ago, h9k_a said:

image.png

I confirm the H typing bug. As for the Richelieu, my detectability range was 25.3 Km in my game. Was that a one-time thing for you?

[O7]
[O7]
Members
290 posts
12,331 battles

I have an issue in which I select my desired emblem, but it refuses to change off of the default patch. Before the patch the USN emblem was selected.

Here are the pictures in chronological order.

bug1.png

bug2.png

bug3.png

• Cool 1

[RKN]
Members
1,424 posts
12,132 battles

The H typing bug is so, so annoying. Why change this at all? Just like the division window. 

• Cool 1

[EOS]
Members
2 posts
9,390 battles

Error with CV's

1. When I launch my planes they go to the southern portion of the map, and do not go to their target

2. When I get my planes launched I can only use 1 squadron at a time.

3. My planes will launch themselves most of the time..

• Cool 2

[WGA]
Developers
93 posts
5,087 battles
11 minutes ago, Fox62 said:

Error with CV's

1. When I launch my planes they go to the southern portion of the map, and do not go to their target

2. When I get my planes launched I can only use 1 squadron at a time.

3. My planes will launch themselves most of the time..

Can you send me your WgCheck tool? Devs are already aware of the issue but they are still collecting data on it.

• Cool 2