Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
francesabyss

Modern high tech high cost washing machines are crap.

15 comments in this topic

Members
182 posts
728 battles

Just put a load into a new modern expensive washing machine and decided to watch it for a while.

I laughed at the machine it has no way to wash dirty clothes in any form.

This is a washing machine that actually cleans clothes and is a perfect machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEOb6yfbpfI

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,249 battles

Yeah, if I had one of those I'd be a Unicum in no time!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,412 posts
9,576 battles

I'll be buying one as soon as I finish remodeling the Laundry room.  The old one is a 30 year old Maytag that I replaced the belts twice and the bearing once.

Members
182 posts
728 battles
11 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

I'll be buying one as soon as I finish remodeling the Laundry room.  The old one is a 30 year old Maytag that I replaced the belts twice and the bearing once.

Make sure your new machine has the center agitator if it does not avoid it like plague.

[RKLES]
Members
7,213 posts
9,006 battles

Or you can do the Mchale’s Navy method of washing clothes where you take and oil dum, put holes in it, dump the clothes and soap into it, then tow it behind a PT boat...

( Just avoid having IJN torpedo hit the laundry barrel while towing it lol)

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,412 posts
9,576 battles
12 minutes ago, francesabyss said:

Make sure your new machine has the center agitator if it does not avoid it like plague.

I had to completely rebuild a center agitator when I was unemployed (26 years ago), time was available, and money was tight.

It's a miracle of mechanical engineering.  Swishes when driven one way, and locks for a spin the other.  Just reverse the motor is all the electronics you need, and they did that by stopping the motor, then switch the start cap to the other start winding pole.  The only difference between 'normal' and 'gentle' was leaving the start winding switched in during operation.

I've also learned to extend the life of my clothes by NOT using fabric softener.  That stuff is just a slow battery acid and clogs the lint filter with every load going to the dryer.

1,542 posts
26 battles

I installed my new washing machine myself to save money and it is still the most adulty thing i have ever done (super proud of my adulting lol)

• Funny 2

Members
182 posts
728 battles
On 2/28/2018 at 2:01 PM, WolfofWarship said:

I installed my new washing machine myself to save money and it is still the most adulty thing i have ever done (super proud of my adulting lol)

Just make sure its 100% balanced or it will fail.

1,266 posts
13 battles

I actually just got a new Samsung washer and dryer and I agree. It doesn't wash nearly as good as my old Whirlpool washing machine, but it died on me a few weeks ago. I will say that the dryer actually works better than my old GE dryer.

[PSP]
Members
6,290 posts
8,915 battles

When I was doing field research I'd just put my dirty clothes in a covered 35 gallon trash can with about two feet of soapy water in it. After a half day of driving around I'd change the water for rinse water. In the evening I'd hang my clothes to dry. Worked like a charm.

Edited by Snargfargle

[PSP]
Members
6,290 posts
8,915 battles
On 2/28/2018 at 12:16 PM, AVR_Project said:

I've also learned to extend the life of my clothes by NOT using fabric softener.  That stuff is just a slow battery acid and clogs the lint filter with every load going to the dryer.

Back when I was a kid I had jeans that were stiff as cardboard. Mom washed them with only soap flakes and water and and then hung them to dry with metal spreaders in the legs to keep the creases to a minimum. Those things never wore out. The only way that you could get a new pair was to grow out of them.

Now you can get pre-washed jeans that are comfortable the second you put them on but you will only get a couple of years out of them. 

Members
2,481 posts
2,336 battles

Precision fiber cleaning action! For a moment though I thought you were going to bring up the old washboards as a joke. 

• Cool 1

Members
182 posts
728 battles
9 hours ago, Yoshiblue said:

Precision fiber cleaning action! For a moment though I thought you were going to bring up the old washboards as a joke. 

We used to own a washer with a mangle.

0004008-1.jpg

Edited by francesabyss

Members
322 posts
4,607 battles

The new washing machine w/o the agitator (& uses low-suds soap) does do the job as well.   They save water for sure.  But where cleaning is counted, it's hard to be a center agitator.   If ya' want anything clean, ya gotta use soap, water, and agitate the item being cleaned.

Members
182 posts
728 battles
23 hours ago, guinness77 said:

The new washing machine w/o the agitator (& uses low-suds soap) does do the job as well.   They save water for sure.  But where cleaning is counted, it's hard to be a center agitator.   If ya' want anything clean, ya gotta use soap, water, and agitate the item being cleaned.

I wiil take the twin tub.

Sign in to follow this